Bellazon

Food Recipes

PinkCouture

We have a Food thread so it makes sense to have a recipe thread :D  Post your favorites recipes to share with your fellow Bellazonians a015.gif Feel to also post recipes you have tried, planning or would like to try, created yourself, or cooking advice/questions :smile:  Try to include as much detail as possible such as measurements, cooking time, etc. And of course include photos & videos if available :hehe: 

BEST TOPIC EVER

I wanted to create the same in the past, but for some reason I didn't, so thank you so much, can't wait to see unknown recipes (for me). Though I'm afraid most of the time I'll have problems to get the right ingredients.

(I made a cheesecake today. It was my first attempt. It looks good, but will be tasted only tomorrow. I guess cheesecake is not a big fuss for anybody here, so I won't post it :D...)

5 minutes ago, Lyla said:

BEST TOPIC EVER

(I made a cheesecake today. It was my first attempt. It looks good, but will be tasted only tomorrow. I guess cheesecake is not a big fuss for anybody here, so I won't post it :D...)

There are different types of cheesecakes and techniques so please post your's!!! :yes: 

11 minutes ago, Lyla said:

BEST TOPIC EVER

I wanted to create the same in the past, but for some reason I didn't, so thank you so much, can't wait to see unknown recipes (for me). Though I'm afraid most of the time I'll have problems to get the right ingredients.

was it difficult to make?  Cost of ingredients?

3 hours ago, Lyla said:

BEST TOPIC EVER

@Lyla post it! :chicken: I LOVE cheesecake and I'm interested to see how yours turned out :hehe:

And to add, great topic @PinkCouture I'm FINALLY going to try some new recipes this weekend and I will post the results this Monday :smile:

3 hours ago, Lyla said:

@Cult Icon  It wasn't difficult at all, but there are some tricks you have to do for a good cheesecake (at least I read that :D, not that I'm so experienced). I only had difficulties with my oven and that my knife wasn't sharp enough, but maybe I made a mistake when I cut the edge of it after baking, but I read it in an other recipe... I have to fix it tomorrow. 

Well, IMO it's a bit pricey cake, though maybe only in my country's standards. All in all it wasn't so expensive, because I used strawberries instead of raspberries, since I have that in my garden now, so I saved quite a lot with that (raspberry doesn't have a season yet so it was a bit expensive), besides I got butter and eggs for free, and Philadelphia cream was on a very good price. 

And answering your question it cost me less than 9 dollars (because of the free egg+butter, and I didn't count sugar and vanilla, because I had a lot from those at home, so I don't know their actual price) Now you can laugh that it's an expensive cake :D... :D

Very nice.  Did it take you 2 hours?  Seems like some of the steps are sensitive, and could cause some degree of error.

Bakers in the US often attempt to sell cheesecakes at $4-10 a slice and usually more than 'regular' cake.  Real garden strawberries are more tender than the farm-grown kind.  do tell how it tastes :smile:

Do any of you look at recipes for the basics, then alter them to your specifications without even making the original recipe?

I like to look at recipes for inspirations and then modify them by using different vegetables, oils, meats, spices, etc for example.

I finally had the chance to try a recipe from a book I received from a good friend and this dish is absolutely delicious to the last bite:chicken: I made a few slight adjustments to the dish according to my flavor profile choices :hehe:

IMG_5110.jpg

STUFFED GREEN PEPPERS:

10-12 Yellow peppers

2 lbs Pork (higher the fat content the better, lean will work fine)

3/4 Cups of rice

16-20 oz Tomato sauce

2 Tsp sugar

2 Eggs

1-2 Tsp Group pepper

4 Tbsp Marjoram (think oregano)

1 Medium onion

2 Gloves garlic

2-3 Tsp Smoked paprika

2 Tsp Salt

4 Tbsp Unsalted butter

INSTRUCTIONS:

1) Start by parboiling the rice. Basically cook rice until firm with slight give, should not be soft, then rinse with cold water and set aside.

2) Dice onion and place into a pan with butter and cook till golden brown.

3) Rinse and cut peppers and clean seeds out. (caps can be saved for presentation)

3) Add pork, rice, onion, eggs, ground pepper, half of the marjoram, garlic, smoked paprika, salt into bowl and mix thoroughly. (gloves highly recommenced)

4) Stuff peppers with pork mix and set aside. If any pork mixture remains make into delicious meatballs :chicken:

5) Pour tomato sauce, sugar, and remaining marjoram into pot, mix, and lay peppers and meatballs (if available) into pot. Water may be needed to make sure sauce is 3/4 the way up the peppers but not submerged. Flip peppers and meatballs halfway thru.

6) Cook peppers & meatballs for one hour on medium-low heat with lid on.

7) Serve peppers with sour cream (optional) and your choice of crusty bread (optional) and don't forget to lick your plate clean :laugh:

1 hour ago, Cult Icon said:

A lot of Hawaiian food you post looks like chinese food

The Chinese culture has had a lot of influence on Hawaiian culture; and not just its food.  Moreover, the cultures of other immigrant groups such as the Japanese, Filipinos, Portuguese, Koreans have also shaped Hawaii's unique "melting pot" way of life.

Read HERE for more details on Hawaiian culture.

BTW, I was born and raised in Hawaii. :cool: