Bellazon

Robbie Amell
Thumbnail

MauiKane

ROBBIE AMELL

AveMPA1.jpg

nQ38rL5.jpg

Robert Patrick "Robbie" Amell (born April 21, 1988) is a Canadian actor and model. He is best known for playing Stephen Jameson on The CW's series The Tomorrow People, Ronnie Raymond / Firestorm/ Deathstorm on The CW's series The Flash, Fred Jones in the films Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins and Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster, Paxton Flynn in the film The Hunters, and Wesley Rush as the lead role in the film The Duff, as well as recurring roles on such television shows as Life with Derek, True Jackson, VP, Unnatural History, and Revenge.

Amell was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He is the cousin of Arrow actor Stephen Amell. Along with his sister, he started modelling and acting in small roles in commercials when he was six years old. At age sixteen, he began landing roles in high school plays such as Louis and Dave and FioniaPicasso at the Lapin Agile and The Importance of Being Earnest. His love for acting made him go to Canadian Studios Acting Academy. He graduated from Lawrence Park Collegiate Institute in Toronto in 2006. He later pursued his career in acting. (Biographical information from Wikipedia)

qF0bK7A.jpg

9JYPyoX.jpg

5joFPSc.jpg

jD7Hv6L.jpg

5tuONg5.jpg

tk9HJwT.jpg

Robbie Amell, Stephen Amell Raise $1.7 Million for "Code 8" Movie

By David McNary

qrOZlzl.jpg

Robbie Amell and his cousin Stephen Amell have raised $1,722,409 from 20,201 backers on crowdfunding site Indiegogo for their sci-fi feature “Code 8.”

Indiegogo asserted that “Code 8” is the highest-crowdfunded film of 2016 on any platform. The 30-day campaign, which closed over the weekend, had an original goal of $200,000.

“Instead of being billionaire superheroes, most ‘specials’ live in poverty and resort to crime, forcing the police to become more militarized,” the synopsis said. “The story follows a young man with special powers (Robbie Amell) struggling to find work as a day laborer. After a dispute over payment, he finds himself in a confrontation with a police officer (Sung Kang) and the autonomous robots backing him up.”

The campaign included the release of a ten-minute short film,directed by Jeff Chan from a script he co-wrote with Chris Pare.

“Code 8” will be shot in Los Angeles early next year and will also star Stephen Amell, Aaron Abrams, Chad Donella (“Scandal”) and Alfred Rubin Thompson.

Chan will also produce while  Stephen Amell and Robbie Amell will serve as executive producers.

The campaign donation premiums included a DVD of the completed film for $35, attendance at a premiere of the film for $1,250 and two executive producer credits, which sold for $50,000 each.

Stephen Amell is best known for playing Oliver Queen/Green Arrow in the “Arrow” TV series. He will also star in the upcoming “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows.”

Robbie Amell stars as Ronnie Raymond/Deathstorm in “The Flash.” His feature credits include “The Duff” and the upcoming “The Babysitter.”

variety.com

lu8NiBb.jpg

Outfit and tie by Tommy Hilfiger, tie bar and belt by Calvin Klein, pocket square by BOSS by Hugo Boss, shoes by Bacco Bucci.

Robbie Amell has quite an exciting lineup of past and present roles, from high school jock and wacky teenage detective to war hero and a literal superhero. Unsurprisingly, this year sees the Canadian actor gracing cinema screens in a lively comedy called “The Duff” as well as a heartwarming family drama “Max,” even as anticipation is building up following his debut on TV series “The Flash.”  

DA MAN: Hi Robbie, where are you right now and what are you currently busy working on?

Robbie Amell: I’m currently on my front porch in Burbank. I’ve been shooting “The Flash,” doing additional shooting for “Max” and starting press for “The Duff.”

wGz8cc5.jpg

Jacket by Jacob Davis, T-shirt and trousers by Marc by Marc Jacobs, shoes by DKNY 

DA: You have a number of films premiering this year. Let’s start with “The Duff.” Do you really think that the “Designated Ugly Fat Friend” label actually exists?

RA: I actually don’t. It’s weird and I might sound like I’m an idiot, but I think there are either no Duffs at all or everyone is a Duff. Chew on that.

DA: While the movie is basically a comedy, do you think there’s some moral lesson for the audience to take in?

RA: Absolutely. The movie is much less about Mae’s character getting a makeover and more about our characters finding ourselves and learning that we shouldn’t change for anyone and be happy with who we are.  

zOTznUJ.jpg

T-shirt by Burberry Prorsum, trousers by Burberry London, bracelet by John Hardy  

DA: Is playing a role in a comedy easier than in other genres?

RA: It’s different. Not easier or harder. It’s more black and white though. People either laugh or they don’t. You just put it all on the line and hope people laugh.

DA: How did you get the chemistry with Mae Whitman going?

RA: Mae is incredible. She’s so funny and smart—very intimidating when you first get to know her. 

pbR6C7E.jpg

Sweater by Burberry London, trousers by Burberry Brit

DA: You also have another movie titled “Max” coming up soon. Could you tell us about your role and the plot of the movie?

RA: I play a marine named Kyle. I’m stationed in Afghanistan and I’m the handler of an IED-sniffing dog named Max. The story is heavily based around my death and the Max going back the U.S. to be with my family.

DA: The movie very much highlights the relationship between humans and dogs. What do you think of dogs as man’s best friend? Are you a dog person yourself?

RA: I do. My fiancé and I have two beautiful little pups at home.

qBAKrD9.jpg

Blazer and shirt by Ermenegildo Zegna, tie by Title of Work, pocket square by BOSS by Hugo Boss, tie bar by Calvin Klein 

DA: You also act as Firestorm in TV series “The Flash.” How did you manage the role in the first place?

RA: I was very lucky and was offered the role of Firestorm. Greg Berlanti who produced “The Tomorrow People” is also a producer on “The Flash.” We have a great relationship and he was kind enough to offer me the role.

DA: Before acting, you were very much into hockey. What made you switch from sports to showbiz back then?

RA: I actually just fell into acting. After booking my first movie “Cheaper by the Dozen 2” and, having such an amazing time, I quit hockey to start acting lessons. 

daman.co.id

• 1 year later...