Bellazon

Riverdale

Prettyphile

Riverdale (Midseason on The CW)

Based on iconic Archie Comics characters, Riverdale is set in the modern day and takes a new look at Archie (KJ Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart), Veronica (Camila Mendes), and their friends. Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will write and executive-produce with Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Jon Goldwater. Cole Sprouse, Ashleigh Murray, Luke Perry, Madelaine Petsch, Marisol Nichols, and Mädchen Amick will also star.

C3k6vZf.jpg

Ross Butler, Daniel Yang and Cody Kearsley join Greg Berlanti‘s modern take on classic comic book

The CW’s modern take on Archie comics has added three more “Riverdale” residents. Ross Butler, Daniel Yang and Cody Kearsley are joining the Greg Berlanti drama pilot, TheWrap has learned.

“Riverdale” is set in the present day and is based on the iconic Archie Comics characters. It is described as a surprising and subversive take on Archie (KJ Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart), Veronica (Camila Mendes), Jughead (Cole Sprouse) and their friends, exploring the surrealism of small town life — the darkness and weirdness bubbling beneath Riverdale’s wholesome façade.

Butler will play the role of Reggie Mantle, Yang will be Dilton Doiley and Kearsley has landed the role of Moose Mason. All three will be recurring if the show goes to series.

Also Read: 'Riverdale' Casts Archie, Josie for CW Pilot

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa will write and executive produce along with Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Jon Goldwater.

Butler recurred on ABC Family/Freeform’s “Chasing Life” and Disney Channel’s “K.C. Undercover.” He is represented by Vincent Cirrincione Associates.

Kearsley is repped by Red Talent Management.

• 8 months later...

Riverdale (2017 TV series, WB / Netflix)

p12914590_b_v8_aa.thumb.jpg.04ac22d7d60847f23a37bc340246c475.jpg

Riverdale is an American teen drama television series based on the characters by Archie Comics. It was ordered to series at The CW in May 2016. The series premiered on January 26, 2017. It is written by Archie Comics' chief creative officer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and executive produced by Greg Berlanti.

• Genre: Teen drama / Mystery
  • Based on Characters by Archie Comics
  • Developed by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa
  • Starring    K. J. Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Cole Sprouse, Marisol Nichols, Madelaine Petsch, Ashleigh Murray, Mädchen Amick, Luke Perry
  • Narrated by Cole Sprouse
  • Composer(s) Blake Neely
  • Country of origin United States
  • Original language(s) English                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this show worth watching? I have a friend telling me to watch thing but truth is I haven't seen a CW show in years and the fact that this is getting sold as teen drama makes me cringe already, I need more opinions 

On 15/07/2017 at 1:31 PM, Clauds said:

Is this show worth watching? I have a friend telling me to watch thing but truth is I haven't seen a CW show in years and the fact that this is getting sold as teen drama makes me cringe already, I need more opinions 

The pilot is good and its best episodes are eps 9-13. But 2-5 especially are the worst. It's a Warner Bros. studios show, so it's quality made, the acting is mediocre-good and it has its own intrigue. But the show makes its stupid decisions in the first batch of episodes but it gets good by episode 9/10. My favorite episode is 12. I bingewatched this on Netflix in 2 days since this only has 13 episodes.