Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

There's been rumors that the next VSFS will be held in Shanghai next year! My friend who works in China said when they were interviewing Alessandra she said she was happy the brand is now becoming globalized and said she couldn't wait for all the other angels to see Shangai and China soon :w00t: 

I feel like it going to Asia will be a good look for them. The VSFS has already been popular in China for about 4 years or so and the marketing will be amazing! Also...there may be a possibility they'll hire an Asian Angel if that's the case. My best bets are on Sui He or Ming Xi

1 hour ago, AngelAshley94 said:

There's been rumors that the next VSFS will be held in Shanghai next year! My friend who works in China said when they were interviewing Alessandra she said she was happy the brand is now becoming globalized and said she couldn't wait for all the other angels to see Shangai and China soon :w00t: 

I feel like it going to Asia will be a good look for them. The VSFS has already been popular in China for about 4 years or so and the marketing will be amazing! Also...there may be a possibility they'll hire an Asian Angel if that's the case. My best bets are on Sui He or Ming Xi

I think the only reasonable place for the next show should be Milan - it's the only one of the four fashion capitals they haven't had the show at yet.  

PS: Thx for the compliments for my sketches :stormy:

4 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

I think sui he have best chance.They used her for opeing store in china last month.

6 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

I think sui he have best chance.They used her for opeing store in china last month.

6 hours ago, VSfan88 said:

I think the only reasonable place for the next show should be Milan - it's the only one of the four fashion capitals they haven't had the show at yet.  

I think Milan or Rome would be AMAZING! Shanghai is quite unique considering the conservative nature of that city so idk how it'll come about but we'll see I guess! And no problem :smile: the last sketch really makes me crave for Christmas segment again for next year's show! It's been 9 years since we had a non-wintery ice or snow Christmas segment! :realmad:  

2 hours ago, VSfan88 said:

Shit, I'm re-watching the show and I just spotted DOUTZEN and her husband in the audience of this year's show (O_O)

doutzen.jpg

I'm disappointed they didn't highlight her or have the camera at least show her....I mean, she is a former Angel smfh :Angel: also Noemie Lenoir was in the front row audience as well with her husband!

We might not see VSFS in Shanghai 2017. I feel like the fact that lots of Asians hated Bill the dragon showed that VS' appreciation or understanding of the Asian culture is far from what is desired of the crowd.

Sui He's time has passed, Ming Xi is the best bet for an Asian angel. Sui's hitting 28 next year, and that's a pretty old age to become an angel. Ming Xi turns 28 too but barely looks like it. Actually to be fair, Sui looked really haggard in some shots. It's a sign that age is catching up. And if it's just to expand their market in China, probably they'll be kept around for a year or two?

I can see Fernanda Ly and Ping Hue walking the show next year. Ping Hue is who VS needs Liu Wen is done with the brand, and Fernanda would just probably be a HF favorite. But Sui is the most aesthetically pleasant & exotic looking Asian they've had so far. I think it'll be awhile before they'll get a Chinese whose got Eurasian features without the eurasian genes. If you guys look at the Asian models' teeth, none of them have a set of straight front teeth, only Sui has it. 

Not sure how many high profile western celebs would attend the show in China (most likely Shanghai) but at the same time they are trying to expand into the Eastern market and they did feature an Asian Fusion theme that was very heavily inspired by Chinese culture in the most recent fashion show. I have noticed they tend to have theme hinting at future locations like "British Invasion" and "Parisian Nights"  :hehe:

Based on what I have observed it's the Non-Asians that disliked Bill. I personally like Bill. He was the highlight of the whole segment :D 

19 hours ago, AngelAshley94 said:

Also...there may be a possibility they'll hire an Asian Angel if that's the case. My best bets are on Sui He or Ming Xi

I like Sui more but I think Ming would be a better choice b/c she has that Barely 18 look VS seems to like. She also has some sex appeal and her energy is pretty good. Personally I think they should go with an Eurasian model as Angel---it would appeal to multiple markets :smile:

Can somebody tell me what happened to Emanuela de Paula? She was so beautiful and great on the catwalk. Was she an angel? Why did they lose interest in her? 

And can somebody tell me how Adriana and Alessandra were allowed to do the "Monange Dream Tour"? The outfits, the wings are so VS...

18 hours ago, VSfan88 said:

They should do the show in Rome!! That would be great. I always hope for an outdoor show, that would make it romantic. But in winter, the temperature is not high enough I guess. 

On 16-12-2016 at 1:38 AM, VSfan88 said:

I drew a whole collection with the overall theme "Alice in Wonderland" - you can check it out here http://dts-utopia.npage.de/galerie426869.html (on the right side you can look at the other segments)

Other than that I'm "re-working" all the VSFS outfits, altering them to my taste e.g.:

caroline w.jpgjulia stegner.jpg

or adding completely new outfits to segments e.g.

IMG_0001.jpg

this one is for the 2007 Deck the hall-segment

Amazing sketches, I love them'1

Asian Americans were probably the ones who have had something to say about Bill. Being Asian myself, I'm actually quite fine with the dragon. There were numerous complaints from China natives about how outfits like Elsa, Adriana and Kendall's were offensive, yet praising Liu and Ming's outfit. Quite frankly, Liu and Ming's outfits look just as bad. It's just bias playing along. When you see your own ethnic group walking in a culturally befitting outfit, everyone compliments a word or two but none for the rest.

That's what I meant by Shanghai not happening. I think VS wants it to be in such a way that not a single person complains about their Asian reference before making VSFS Shanghai happen. That aside, I don't see it happening because I don't think Shanghai has any major venue that would accommodate to the show on the standards that New York, British and Paris did.

The last time Ale, Jo and Sui had that mini opening in China, those LED floors look horrible and the quality of the video wasn't great to begin with. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.