Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

2 hours ago, SG8 said:

Tyra was the first one who did more than just walking straight down the runway. But it was more like in a fierce way. She didn't blow kisses or made hearts in the air..that was all Adriana's effort since 2007. In that year she started to exaggerate. I liked her opening in 2006, it was strong, like Tyra was. But since 2007 she overacted. And the other models started to imitate her, even Alessandra..

I sometimes think about how the show would be like if Gisele didn't leave. Would she also blow kisses or would the other girls have stronger walks?!

I think 2007 was still great concerning Adriana's behaviour. 

On 12/6/2016 at 5:49 PM, bellazonelurker said:

From all the shows from 2000-2016 if you had to pick just one look you found most beautiful/epic/iconic which would it be? I was always interested what fans of VS consider to be the best look from the show.

I'll come back and edit the post with a picture. I think the one that is most iconic for me is Ale's black wings with the jungle theme. I can't remember the year and I'm still digging through this board to the end. 

4 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

I'll come back and edit the post with a picture. I think the one that is most iconic for me is Ale's black wings with the jungle theme. I can't remember the year and I'm still digging through this board to the end. 

Do you mean her "Wild Things" wings from the 2010 VSFS? 

IMG_0322.JPG

On 12/8/2016 at 9:43 PM, PinkCouture said:

She is becoming very annoying & predictable :/:cain:...

Ashley Graham Just Dropped a Huge Truth Bomb About the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/ashley-graham-victorias-secret-fashion-show

::Sigh:: 
I like her, down from loving her. That's sad. I'm all for diversity, loving your curves, every body is beautiful, but she's becoming too much, even for this fat girl. :cry2:

On 12/8/2016 at 10:50 PM, freevsangel said:

I agree with whoever said Ashley is becoming annoying, its like she cant stop saying she is a plus size woman here and there ok we get it, but at some point you have to start talking about yourself as AG the MODEL, without any other adjective cuz girl if you want inclusion then you should start from yourself and the way you name yourself.

I mean thanks for bring beautifulness to the body of a fuller girl (like me) and try to make it beautful infront of everybodies eyes, but there is a moment where you should stop with the names and just stand there and see how everybodies conception of a gorgeous hot woman change

Well said! I'm right there next to you about being a plus girl. It's just the way I'm built. And I'm ok with it. (but finding good underwear and sport wear can be hell.)

On 12/8/2016 at 10:59 PM, toodarnhot said:

Also I'm all for size inclusion but com'mon Ashley... :rofl: She has her own lingerie line that took jabs at VS own marketing campaign (I'm no Angel) and then says "VS call me!! I'm right here!" 

Actually, the I'm No Angel was from Lane Bryant. Interestingly enough, used to be a sister brand to VS before Limited sold it off. 

3 minutes ago, CandleVixen said:

Actually, the I'm No Angel was from Lane Bryant. Interestingly enough, used to be a sister brand to VS before Limited sold it off. 

Oops! I knew she was apart of that campaign, didn't realize it wasn't for her line. Either way, she hasn't really positioned herself in a good way to grab VS' attention, regardless of her size. 

I'm quite interested to see how Ashley will come across as a judge on the ANTM revivial. 

On 12.12.2016 at 5:59 AM, AngelAshley94 said:

Okay everyone, what type of segments do you hope to see at next year's show? :D I really hope we'll get a 1920s Great Gatsby type of segment, that'll be amazing! Or like an all-red segment (nothing but red lingerie) can you imagine how sexy that would be? I'd love to hear your ideas! :smile: 

I drew a whole collection with the overall theme "Alice in Wonderland" - you can check it out here http://dts-utopia.npage.de/galerie426869.html (on the right side you can look at the other segments)

Other than that I'm "re-working" all the VSFS outfits, altering them to my taste e.g.:

caroline w.jpgjulia stegner.jpg

or adding completely new outfits to segments e.g.

IMG_0001.jpg

this one is for the 2007 Deck the hall-segment

2 hours ago, VSfan88 said:

I drew a whole collection with the overall theme "Alice in Wonderland" - you can check it out here http://dts-utopia.npage.de/galerie426869.html (on the right side you can look at the other segments)

Other than that I'm "re-working" all the VSFS outfits, altering them to my taste e.g.:

caroline w.jpgjulia stegner.jpg

or adding completely new outfits to segments e.g.

IMG_0001.jpg

this one is for the 2007 Deck the hall-segment

Your every talented and I'm loving these looks! I've seen many artists such as yourself who have such amazing sketches and segments ideas for future shows and it's beyond me how Sophia and the team don't look into them or at least use ideas and give credit smfh these are amazing 

So I'm pretty sure they filmed the VS "Live" before the show even taped. :rofl: Lily and Georgia have IG posts of them wearing their outfits from the preshow on the same day, and it was a day that Elsa, Jas, Jo and Lily all were confirmed to be shooting (Nov. 19th). 

Doesn't really change much, but it's funny they're calling it a live show, and it would explain why they didn't use any current clips for the caption and fan favourite segments. 

On 15-12-2016 at 6:01 AM, CandleVixen said:

Yes Wild Things but I liked Emanuela da Paula coming out of The jungle with a bunch of Tarzan dudes. It was more of an epic moment than an epic outfit bc she wasn't wearing much.

I think It was perhaps not the most epic moments, but certainly one of the moments. I have a hard time choosing when It comes down to VSFS

On 12/7/2016 at 10:40 PM, PastaFreak said:

The long debate about models, lol. But I have to agree about one thing, that models like Elsa sell the brand better to the the Asian crowd. Someone like Adriana would have less influence in the Asian market because her features are much more sultry and bombshell while Elsa attracts the eyes of Asian viewers, because her features are much more exotic, soft yet still sufficient enough to maintain a sexy vibe. Even Alessandra and Josephine to that extent.

Alessandra and Adriana are the best two comparisons you have. Adriana is the bombshell, and Alessandra is your timeless beauty. Even on stage, Adriana had always have more presence than Alessandra. But Alessandra always stood out more as the feminine, gorgeous one. Not saying either one is unattractive, it's just that a VS model with softer features yet capable of maintaining a sexy vibe will capture the attention of Asians much so than the typical bombshells you'd consider is the standards in the Western world.

Adriana, Stella, Martha, Lily and maybe, Lais will not capture the eye of Asians. Someone like Taylor will be a massive hit with the Asian crowd tho.

I guess it just falls down to the perception of beauty in Asian culture. There are times where I like Adriana, because she can really capture your attention, but it doesn't mean she's always the best standard of what VS can present. Even if she had the largest fanbase, Adriana is still very situational beauty. And the same is for Candice. Each model has her own personal attraction. But at the end of the day, the Western and Asian crowd have very different standards of beauty. 

I guess I have to give an introduction before I reply to this. I've barely seen the segments of VSFS 2016, so no comments about that until I watch the full thing. I'm giving my opinion on a few things, especially marketing if VS in India, and a little about Asia. I understand Indian market better, so I'll talk about it a lot.

I'm from India and I agree with some of these points. Elsa can sell the brand better, atleast to the Indian market. She's striking as hell, people will line up to meet her at meet and greets. The PR will work in VS's favour.

The problem is, VS lingerie is way too expensive for common folk, so the target  is the upper class, which is around 2% of Indian population, considering that the population is around 1.25 billion, that's a lot of people. These are rough estimates, and some upper middle class people can be tempted to buy VS produsts. Someone like Elsa can sell the brand, but Taylor can literally make VS in India atleast. Alessandra and Adriana too for that extent, but Taylor is younger. The preference in India is simply put- Light eyed brunettes with clear skin (read white).

Sara Sampaio is also a good choice. There is actually a Portuguese speaking state (Goa) so she could be a hit.

Monika Jagaciak too, but she left VS. There is this Polish actress that just debuted in India who blew up, they could have capitalized on that.

Martha's features are way too sharp, Stella, Jasmine and Lily (Aldridge) are not curvy enough, Taylor has the time. Joshephine can promote, but she's and active LGBT rights ambassador, and that could get real ugly real fast. The last thing you want in VS is Indian politics. Just google LGBT rights in India, It's pretty screwed up. Lais is just not the 'type', so she's a bad choice.

There is this thing in India- A lot of people think of VS as prestigious, maybe they can capitalize on that.

Personally, I don't know about the rest of Asia, but if VS wants to aggressively market in China, they need to have an Asian angel. I think China is a better market than India, TBH. Indians value pricing over quality, but if some other lingerie bigwig that competes with VS makes it big in India, I don't think I can explain why. H & M are making their moves, just a few days ago they launched one of their stores in a mall I went to. I'll have to check if they sell lingerie there (they didn't launch when I was there, they launched it the next week). I'll check the prices too, and if you want me to tell you if it's feasible or anything you can ask me.

Dunno about any other country, but the demographic that Thailand and the Phillipines would go for is an angel of a cuter face. Just a statement.

The lowdown is-

They should have an Asian Angel if they want to make it big in China.

Get Taylor, Elsa & Sara to promote in India.

Taylor Hill can make VS in India.

If VS wants to promote in South Korea, get Barbara Palvin. (Abysmally huge fan base)

I guess that's it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.