Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

For me the top 3 is:

2005: Great line-up, awesome themes, great music that fit with the sections.

2008: Beautiful outfits, i love the make up of this year. Was really classy and luxurius.

2012: IDK why I love this year, every segment was great, great performers and line up.

2010: 

2006: Some epic segment like come fly with me.

2011: 

2013: Parisian Nights was the highlight of the show. LOVE IT.

2014: Regular show, Fairytale was really good. Taylor was awful. 

2016: 

2015: No excitment on the opening. 

2007: There`s something on the runway that look wear and small, and it was the same place of 2006.  

2009: Awful in every way.

2 hours ago, Ludivine08 said:

I think @Kevork89 means that the healthy look tends to be more skinny, It doesn't have to be in reality, but people associate Skinnier women size 2/4 who work out as more healthy. MOdels who are fuller often get that critism 'she needs to work out more eat healthier'. Adriana, Doutzen, Miranda Candice are excellent examples of promoting te skinny healthy look. They are skinny, but work out a lot they are toned, promote their life style by saying they do yoga drink green juices

I think it really depends on who you ask. The model obsessed tend to say that softer, curvier girls need to work out more and eat healthier.

But a lot of people who aren't model obsessed look at VS models, models, and in general women below size 4 dress as unhealthy, weak, starving themselves, can fall over and break, need a sandwich etc.

It shouldn't be that way either way but it is just that there is so much misinformation about bodies in general.

I think women want authenticity these days. People can see behind all the "fakeness" at VS like the fake curves from contouring, poses, chicken filets, the fake healthiness (because they've been caught smoking cigarettes, binge eating, binge drinking), the fake skinniness from crash diets. I think that's where a lot of the "hate" from the general public comes from.

1 minute ago, modellight said:

I think it really depends on who you ask. The model obsessed tend to say that softer, curvier girls need to work out more and eat healthier.

But a lot of people who aren't model obsessed look at VS models, models, and in general women below size 4 dress as unhealthy, weak, starving themselves, can fall over and break, need a sandwich etc.

It shouldn't be that way either way but it is just that there is so much misinformation about bodies in general.

I think women want authenticity these days. People can see behind all the "fakeness" at VS like the fake curves from contouring, poses, chicken filets, the fake healthiness (because they've been caught smoking cigarettes, binge eating, binge drinking), the fake skinniness from crash diets. I think that's where a lot of the "hate" from the general public comes  

Most.People Who watch VS or are their target audience ARE model obsessed and will think skinny equals fit and healthy. 

Btw a smaller size than size 4 doesn't

need to be unhealthy. Thee are a lot of natural petite Girls Who don't starve themselves.  What VS does is creating those fake curves so their bodies become unrealisitic  ( size 2 andere making Small B cup look like big C or even D) 

My shows would be:

2005 - forever the greatest, outfits, cast, everything :heart: 

2006 - same as 2005, but the opening gives 2005 an edge

2013 - Parisian Nights is for sure one of my favorite segments ever

2012 - i can't remember this show like, at all so that's not a good sign :ninja: 

5 minutes ago, Ludivine08 said:

Most.People Who watch VS or are their target audience ARE model obsessed and will think skinny equals fit and healthy. 

Btw a smaller size than size 4 doesn't

need to be unhealthy. Thee are a lot of natural petite Girls Who don't starve themselves.  What VS does is creating those fake curves so their bodies become unrealisitic  ( size 2 andere making Small B cup look like big C or even D) 

Sorry, but people like us who are on Bellazon and can name all the Angels off the top of our head are not the typical person who tunes in on CBS. That's a small percentage. A lot of people watch it hoping to see some T&A, as a tradition, the musical guests, the older Angels or to gawk while drinking with friends.

Yes, someone smaller than size 4 doesn't mean unhealthy but to a lot of the general public it means unhealthy. I see you're based in the Netherlands but here in America, a lot of thinner women (especially lanky types) are seen as having something wrong with them outside of fashion industry people. People are very outspoken about it and will not hold themselves back saying that smaller women need to eat a sandwich etc. I'm a solid size 4 at 6 feet, 32DDD, former soccer player and I don't starve myself but if I walk through some parts of this country like the midwest, the south, suburbs and college towns, people are not afraid to tell me they think I look like I have an eating disorder.

20 minutes ago, Clauds said:

imTMy shows would be:

2005 - forever the greatest, outfits, cast, everything :heart: 

2006 - same as 2005, but the opening gives 2005 an edge

2013 - Parisian Nights is for sure one of my favorite segments ever

2012 - i can't remember this show like, at all so that's not a good sign :ninja: that 

Parisian night was A dream. I still want Doutzen's French  hooker outfit

And the show I had to force myself to remember was 2015.

PS I had my friend watch the show last night, his first VS show and he kinda loved it. He thought Taylor H is goddamn gorgeous. Elsa is too skinny. Irina is sexy af. And nobody can tell him Adriana is a day over 25.

And he was flabbergasted when he saw the models working out segment. It was inconceivable to him that they were that strong (because of the stereotype of all models being anorexic  

PS he thought Gaga was annoying af.

1 hour ago, modellight said:

Sorry, but people like us who are on Bellazon and can name all the Angels off the top of our head are not the typical person who tunes in on CBS. That's a small percentage. A lot of people watch it hoping to see some T&A, as a tradition, the musical guests, the older Angels or to gawk while drinking with friends.

Yes, someone smaller than size 4 doesn't mean unhealthy but to a lot of the general public it means unhealthy. I see you're based in the Netherlands but here in America, a lot of thinner women (especially lanky types) are seen as having something wrong with them outside of fashion industry people. People are very outspoken about it and will not hold themselves back saying that smaller women need to eat a sandwich etc. I'm a solid size 4 at 6 feet, 32DDD, former soccer player and I don't starve myself but if I walk through some parts of this country like the midwest, the south, suburbs and college towns, people are not afraid to tell me they think I look like I have an eating disorder.

Here generally people also have that opinion, bc Dutch women aren't that thin, and also often say you should eat something. French and Italian women are usually way more petite. 

But I think at the same time people unconsiously what to see that skinny person and an unattainable standard, although they might say otherwise. People tend to aspire to an untainable standard or put that on a pedestal, and VS knows that. 

I also think VS wants to especially target young girls/ women so are much more influenced by the beautiful ideal. That is what I meant with that the VS viewer is model obsessed 

I don't disagree with you that a lot of people have different opinions about what is beautiful and healthy. And perhaps most of the audience whats to see fuller figures, personally I do. 

What I am trying to say is that VS is not going to do that, although the majority wants to see that. VS is not going to give the public what they want, but wants to keep that certain 'skinny yet 'healthy' yet curvy model' at runway so they can make themselves more exclusive or something. That is a bit how fashion works. The fashion indrustry works with size 0 not because they want to give the audience what they want or like; it's more like elevating the brand and that fashion elite/ fashion lovers to a level that is exlusive and unattainable for the 'normal' person, even if a size 0 its not in fact beautiful. It's almost works like a cult. So I actually think you can see VS a bit like a cult. 

I don't know if I can explain it. I will come back to you on this. 

My shows would be:

2006 Just Great, Everything.

2008 Luxe, Glamour, Excellent outfits and was my Very first VS show.

2012 Very creative, a little costumy but nonetheless Beautifully Done.

2011 Gorgeous, Grat Lineup, My Fave Fantasy Bra in my Fave Segment Ever.

2010 Love the music, the themes and the models.

2005 Good, But i dont get all the fuzz about this show, Love Noami and Gisele here.

2014 I liked a lot, Fairytale and Gilded angels were good.

2015 Actually no that Bad.

2016 Bland show, but some things were great.

2007 Meh.

2003 Meh. 

2013 Was a bad year, Candice all over, only liked the Runway, Bad performers.. and Taylor Just. :hang:

2009. WORST SHOW EVER, Liked only Enchanted Forest.

Oh now that we are saying fav years and people are saying their fav segments that's a good one to ask too. So if you can name your top 10 segments and what year they were from do.

1. Sexy Russian Babes 2005 - This segment has never been topped for me. Sure not all the outfits are amazing but the music here is the best remix ever and Eugenia's opening, Tyra's walk, Angela's slow mo camera shot. It's all epic

2. Coquettish Fetish 2006 - Another one that didn't have necessarily amazing outfits but I love the song Beware of the Dog and the door opening to reveal Adriana in one of her strongest walks. Every girl slayed the runway especially Caroline T, Flavia and Alessandra.

3. Parisian Nights 2013 - Like everyone else it's a fav. For the more recent shows it's a segment that felt like it was from the 2005 era. The outfits were actually sexy, great models involved again Adriana had an incredible opening. And I actually liked the Miley Cyrus song choice because it had a good walking beat.

4. Sexy Santa Helpers 2005 - Epic opening by Gisele. All the outfits were amazing and the girls all in the box and the music choice was just wow. Best opening of the show ever.

5. Deck the Halls 2007 - Miranda's outfit is really the only good look about the segment but there's something about this segment I love. 2007 is when I really started to follow VS, I had seen the previous shows before but this show was the show that got me following VS and I loved this segment so much. Loved the song. It has sentimental value :rofl:.

6. Black Tie Holiday 2008 - Loved this whole segment. It was glamorous and sexy. The girls outfits were all amazing and it has really strong walks. And loved the song choice.

7. Sexy Super Heroines 2003 - The best opening segment after the 2005 show. Loved the strength of the girls on the runway. Everything was sexy and sharp.

8. I Put A Spell On You 2011 - I really enjoyed this segment. The girls didn't overdo it on the runway, had some great looks and I loved the OneRepublic song.

9. Silver Screen Angels 2012 - Great segment with beautiful looks. Simple, chic, sexy, great slow song. This is romantic slow that works for a runway unlike million reasons.

10. Highland Romance 2006 - Such a great segment. It was all brilliant. Great opening by Gisele. Loved all the outfits. Music choice was bomb. Angela, Caroline T, Gisele, Natasha really nailed this one.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.