Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

8 minutes ago, Ludivine08 said:

LOL you know more about it than the doctor who did it. 

Maybe not, but sometimes the client choose what they want and the doctor has nothing to say about it, sometimes the Doctors just gives his opinion and thats it and other times the pacient gives total control of the surgery process to the doctor

Just now, freevsangel said:

Maybe not, but sometimes the client choose what they want and the doctor has nothing to say about it, sometimes the Doctors just gives his opinion and thats it and other times the pacient gives total control of the surgery process to the doctor

Oke then I understand still, cant't imagine a doctor agreeing with it if he knows it going to turn out horribly. 

About the topic of Thomas vs. Sophia, even though Thomas had a pretty clear idea of the themes that were involved, you have to admit Sophia brought in models of more colors. With Todd around, we only had like 1-2 asians per show, and black models were around 3-4? With Sophia around, we've since gotten 4 Asians, 4-5 black models? And they all receive considerable attention for bringing diversity. 

Sophia's themes were much more disconnected because the flow wasn't there, but one thing I like about her is how most girls get wings. Thomas wouldn't even bat an eye on a non-angel, what more a non-Caucasian to get wings. When Thomas was designing, I have to admit he lacked diversity. 

41 minutes ago, PastaFreak said:

About the topic of Thomas vs. Sophia, even though Thomas had a pretty clear idea of the themes that were involved, you have to admit Sophia brought in models of more colors. With Todd around, we only had like 1-2 asians per show, and black models were around 3-4? With Sophia around, we've since gotten 4 Asians, 4-5 black models? And they all receive considerable attention for bringing diversity. 

Sophia's themes were much more disconnected because the flow wasn't there, but one thing I like about her is how most girls get wings. Thomas wouldn't even bat an eye on a non-angel, what more a non-Caucasian to get wings. When Thomas was designing, I have to admit he lacked diversity. 

I love Tom...but I agree. Almost all the white models castesd always had a similar "look" and even the black models he casted had to fit that certain "look" as well (light skin, long hair, "Caucasian" features). He seemed to only focus on the blonde white models and angels more so as well and put the models of color in the most hideous outfits. I'm glad Sophia is at least trying to add diversity this year because we had 4 (5 if you count Kelly Gale) Asian models and 11 black models this year! That's incredible! But Sophia needs to at least get some help when it comes to the designing and styling :Amelie_wft:

1 minute ago, PinkCouture said:

She is becoming very annoying & predictable :/:cain:...

Ashley Graham Just Dropped a Huge Truth Bomb About the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/ashley-graham-victorias-secret-fashion-show

I don't see how that's annoying...at least she isn't judging the models or angels for their body sizes...she just wants to walk the runway? Doubt it would happen but it's cute 

4 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

I don't see how that's annoying...at least she isn't judging the models or angels for their body sizes...she just wants to walk the runway? Doubt it would happen but it's cute 

It is annoying b/c she makes the same points over and over again. We get! It is as if she is talking down to us. I am all about embracing all body types but they way she sometimes expresses her opinions isn't well received b/c of her presentation and tone. I think if she approached it from a place of humbleness and levelheadedness her message would come across clearer and more effective .

11 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

It is annoying b/c she makes the same points over and over again. We get! It is as if she is talking down to us. I am all about embracing all body types but they way she sometimes expresses her opinions isn't well received b/c of her presentation and tone. I think if she approached it from a place of humbleness and levelheadedness her message would come across clearer and more effective .

I like Ashley but I agree with you. It is starting to become annoying.

On the topic of diverse casting from before that's not Todd's fault. Todd never was at castings before Sophia it was Ed, Monica, John and Charlotte. Now it's Sophia instead of Charlotte. So nothing to do with Todd.

21 minutes ago, AngelAshley94 said:

I love Tom...but I agree. Almost all the white models castesd always had a similar "look" and even the black models he casted had to fit that certain "look" as well (light skin, long hair, "Caucasian" features). He seemed to only focus on the blonde white models and angels more so as well and put the models of color in the most hideous outfits. I'm glad Sophia is at least trying to add diversity this year because we had 4 (5 if you count Kelly Gale) Asian models and 11 black models this year! That's incredible! But Sophia needs to at least get some help when it comes to the designing and styling :Amelie_wft:

Kelly Gale too, so 5! But yeah, I was just putting it in the nicest way. But giving certain models the ugliest outfit of the show made VS looked like they didn't appreciate color, and I would almost say it was pretty discriminatory. Even during the VS show editing, you can tell if the camera wants to focus on non-Caucasian model or not. Have to mind my words before someone jumps on me. Shows in 2012 were pretty much blondes, brunettes more so than blacks.  Heck, this year we even have a Kiwi for god's fucking sake. And last year we had a Reunion Island native. Fernanda Ly even appeared on their casting videos despite not making it. I don't like Sophia and John some times, but they really add diversity to the lineups. 

And some people here typically don't know how to appreciate diversity. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.