Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

I finally watched the show today and (for me) it was better than 2015 and 2014 shows. Somehow the energy seemed better. :smile: And this year I liked some of the music and performers. Still not a great show. Like everybody said it felt rushed. Also I really miss the days when all the Angels had 3 outfits...

My favorite Angels were Adriana (Queen:heart:), Elsa (her opening was great, better than Behati and Candice), Jasmine, Sara and Jo. And other favorite models were Irina (such a goddess), Grace and Kelly Gale. None of the others stood out...

Last good show for me was in 2013 (Parisian nights:heart:) and I could watch some of the older shows (2003-2008) over and over again... this one doesn't feel like that, but it's still an improvement from the last year's show. 

44 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

You think I am BSing??? :unsure: 

No, not at all. Just surprised about the 2015 opening thingy.:Angel: Thought it was so lackluster.

38 minutes ago, ceceshores said:

^ Agreed. No matter how low the ratings get, VS is getting advertisement they wouldn't without the show. I think a change in network, ABC maybe?, would do it some good. They could overhaul the creative team when they did that too. 

No, ABC is freefalling audience and ratings-wise. NBC though, they are winning at it at the moment.

36 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

^

Regardless it is an hour long promotion and commercial. That is more exposure most brands get in one year. If they did both TV and online they would reach more people and increase exposure. 

The VSFS will never not be a good idea for VS. It's their main yearly publicity, but as long as they aren't completely dependent on it.

31 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

I agree it is all on CBS. Even if they dropped VS, VS could easily find another network or avenue for the show. I am suspecting there might be some sorta contracts involved and when that contract ends both parties will re-evaluate things :smile: 

CBS will def want it, but it depends if Ed is still in charge when they decide the contracts. Ed would stick to CBS and further not improve the show

30 minutes ago, Kevork89 said:

Also someone mentioned ABC as a good network. I disagree. Back in 2001 yes but now not so much. ABC are under Disney and their programming now I don't think they'd air the VS show at all tbh. NBC would be a better fit.

ABC is not that good at the moment but they do have a good source of cash with Disney-Marvel as their owner. NBC has the advantage of having good marketing and possibly the strongest lead-in right now, This is Us (this show its high on its 9th episode, since it's 2016, that's amazing).

24 minutes ago, gotportugal said:

It does, but I think the CW doesn't really skew female anymore considering is now full of superhero shows.

Everything media related is skewing female these days. When it comes down to it, the VSFS/Angels have a larger female following. 

Maybe it's only because my personal experience is with my girlfriends/other girls I am vaguely acquainted with/follow on twitter/instagram/so on, but the big followings of shows (save a few big ones like GOT and TWD, I'd bet those have slightly larger male followings) are made up of girls, younger ones, especially superhero shows and especially the ones on the CW. That's the demo people really want to hit, the obsessive teenage girl demo is the dream, if you've got that following the pressure on your 18-49 rating eases up. See shows like Supernatural that keep getting renewed.

I changed my miind. I never thought I would say this, BUT I think the 2016 is the best show since the last years. The location is amazing and magical, and the showed it very well on camera. The music was good enough, Lady Gaga fit in very well and Bruno Mars did good. (I am very glad Taylor Swift wasn't here). 

The outfits were good and like most of the models, although Bella and Kendall don't impress me. 

I liked the walk of Adriana. 

The only thing I hated were the in between segments/ They are the worst because every year we hear the same thing: how hard you have to exercise, how great VS made the models, about social media etc.

And I hate the camera work and how it is edited. It looks like the camera men were drunk. I really got dizzy from the way the filmed and edited it.. I like to see the whole runway, not parts of bodies and faces. 

Best show in years but they need to get new camera crew and different editing, that would make the show much better. 

2 hours ago, modellight said:

The 18-49 demographic is crucial because they have the most disposable income and ability to make multiple purchases over and over again. A 16 year old most likely doesn't have a career allowing the type of income that allows frequent shopping. I would even push it as far as 30-45 is a crucial demographic considering many 18-29s are underemployed or unemployed these days.

The younger demographic is the most crucial in advertising not because they have the most disposable income but because brands want to get people when they are young so that they’ll be loyal customers for many years to come.

23 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

Everything media related is skewing female these days. When it comes down to it, the VSFS/Angels have a larger female following. 

Maybe it's only because my personal experience is with my girlfriends/other girls I am vaguely acquainted with/follow on twitter/instagram/so on, but the big followings of shows (save a few big ones like GOT and TWD, I'd bet those have slightly larger male followings) are made up of girls, younger ones, especially superhero shows and especially the ones on the CW. That's the demo people really want to hit, the obsessive teenage girl demo is the dream, if you've got that following the pressure on your 18-49 rating eases up. See shows like Supernatural that keep getting renewed.

Supernatural actually has a pretty 50/50 audience when it comes to men and women. However, the fandom skews largely female.

2 minutes ago, Sanni said:

The younger demographic is the most crucial in advertising not because they have the most disposable income but because brands want to get people when they are young so that they’ll be loyal customers for many years to come.

In theory, this works for many other lifestyle brands and this is what they teach in school. But it doesn't work for lingerie since lingerie is so closely linked to the maturity of the body/womanhood and lingerie also serves a functional purpose.

VS believed in this theory with Pink but it is not translating to sales with mainline. Mainline sales are on a steep and steady decline. This is why they had to shut down so many categories. Younger girls these days want authenticity and that's why Aerie is crushing VS in the teen demographic. Yet, Aerie isn't making a dent with adult women. 

1 hour ago, gotportugal said:

No, not at all. Just surprised about the 2015 opening thingy.:Angel: Thought it was so lackluster.

The VSFS will never not be a good idea for VS. It's their main yearly publicity, but as long as they aren't completely dependent on it.

I thought the 2015 opening was quite epic. I know someone who was there in the audience she said  TV didn't do it justice.

Well VS thinks it is a good idea and that's a fact. And VS doesn't solely depend on the show for publicity. 

Just now, PinkCouture said:

I thought the 2015 opening was quite epic. I know someone who was there in the audience she said  TV didn't do it justice.

Well VS thinks it is a good idea and that's a fact. And VS doesn't solely depend on the show for publicity. 

Behati opened the show in 2015 right? Well I think the opening was rubbish, at least on tv. The outfit was terrible and didn't like the song for an opening. 

Then I would prefer the opening in London 2014, I would think of that as epic. 

54 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

You would be surprised at about how much most of these shows are 50/50, but you are right, VSFS fills in like 70/30, GOT fills in at about 45/55.  But they skew well on 18-49, considering they only had 6.5 million viewers total

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.