Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

New here and just caught up with the thread! Here's some thoughts: 

• Regarding Kendall, this thread has made me realize that people don't seem to know what she actually looks like. She's always had relatively bad skin. It actually looked much better in the backstage photos without makeup than what her skin used to resemble before she started modeling. As for her lips, I don't see much of a difference in them, they look pretty much the same as always. She looked very uncomfortable with her wings in TRA, she walked oddly slow. I expected a little more from her because she's usually relatively decent on the runway. Never a standout, but not horrible either.
  • Is no one going to mentioned how awkward and tragic Taylor Hill's walk in DA was? Her end of the runway poses photographed beautifully, but in action, she looks like she stumbled and like she did not know what to do with those big wings. And from the interview videos posted here, she seems to have no charisma. She comes across very awkward and she's not very well-spoken for a spokesperson. Jasmine was pretty much carrying that entire interview
  • Speaking of Jasmine, all I can say is wow. What a beautiful woman. Wish she would've opened the segment but she really didn't even need to because you could hardly tear your eyes away from her either way
  • Don't kill me, but I don't see the appeal of Grace Elizabeth. She's pretty, but very forgettable in my eyes. I find her features quite nondescript, I can easily confuse her with several other models 
  • In the minority here again, but I actually think the little bit we've seen of Bella's walk was not bad at all. I found Gigi's lip syncing to Gaga in the background of one of those videos quite cringeworthy. But I may be biased because I simply don't like Gigi. Though I do agree she was much more beautiful when she had the extra weight on her
  • How is it that Lais supposedly tripped and fell "flat on her face" yet there's not a single video or picture of this? I haven't even seen any mention of this in the media and considering how much media was present, I have a feeling this either didn't really happen or was grossly exaggerated and truly just a stumble. Either way, She's such a bombshell, she deserves better from VS. Her outfit for TRA was flat out ugly, but so was the entire segment so no surprises there. Don't even get me started on that g-d awful dragon (if they want to up their ratings, having a white model open the show in a Chinese/Asian-inspired dragon costume was not a smart move. Especially when they hired 4 Chinese models for the show. There are gonna be so many people that see that and change the channel right away. There are so many way to take from cultures in an appropriate, non-offensive manner and they just can't seem to get it right. For all the work that goes into a show like this, it's quite lazy)
  • Alessandra deserves more appreciation. She looked absolutely stunning and she's one of the only models that brings energy to the runway. I truly hope it's not her or Adriana's last year any time soon because the two of them pretty much carry the show in my eyes. Majority of VS's current lineup of both Angels and non-Angels look like they are between the ages of 14-19 years old. I don't care to see them in lingerie. It's creepy and unappealing, even if they aren't actually those ages. Many of them look like they're still in the early stages of puberty 
  • Maria Borges is such a stunner. I'd love to see her become an Angel one day, especially because she doesn't look like any of the other Angels and right now, most of them blend together to me. It's just a mix of tan, light hair, and light eyes. They desperately need more visual diversity 
  • Irina is beautiful and undeniably sexy, but I don't think she fits VS. She fits what they should be and want to be, but not what they actually are and I think that's why I couldn't get on board with her being in the show. It would've made sense a long time ago, but not anymore 
  • The outfits overall this year were much worse than last year IMO. As someone else said before, it seems like the actual lingerie was an afterthought and they channeled all their energy into costume designing. I wish they focused more on the things they were actually selling to customers. The backstage bras everyone wore were more beautiful and exciting than almost any of the lingerie that was on the runway
  • In general, not really excited to watch this year. Seemed like a waste of money to go to Paris where they didn't take advantage of pretty much anything Paris has to offer. The audience was tragically small. At least 50% of the lineup was forgettable and/or questionable. 

Lameka deactivated her twitter when people found her old tweets from 2014 hating on Gisele. She said "gisele bundchen irritates me like she's so pretentious go fuck your ugg wearing husband tom Brady and stop trying to model you're irrelevant "

and "Giselle is so pretentious like you're not a VS model anymore get over yourself"

screenshots can can be found if you look up lameka fox on twitter 

36 minutes ago, amandacarol said:

Lameka deactivated her twitter when people found her old tweets from 2014 hating on Gisele. She said "gisele bundchen irritates me like she's so pretentious go fuck your ugg wearing husband tom Brady and stop trying to model you're irrelevant "

and "Giselle is so pretentious like you're not a VS model anymore get over yourself"

If I ever get famous I'm deleting all of my old sm and starting over because I just KNOW I have bad things I've said from years back when I was younger. I hope that people are able to look past this, apparently she apologized already. She was young at the time and talked reckless, it's not fair to drag up people's old words because chances are they've grown up and changed as a person. I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me so I'm not even going to comment on the situation. Just my 2 cents though. 

On 3/12/2016 at 2:59 AM, peroxideblonde said:

are you serious??? if i was a model i wouldn't want to wear transparent panties in front of a damn crowd :noexpression:

They did before, they wouldn't mind doing.

On 3/12/2016 at 5:18 AM, LuckyXR said:

If CBS blurs the butts could you imagine what they would do to the plethora of vaginas walking down the runway? :dry:

Not asking of vaginas, that would be too much obviously, but a strategic seethrough of outer parts would be nice.

3 hours ago, amandacarol said:

BrowserPreview_tmp-2.gif

On 12/3/2016 at 6:59 AM, peroxideblonde said:
On 12/3/2016 at 5:36 AM, pugnetta said:

Total disappointment in fake lingerie transparency, ALL the models seem to wear  some sort of second pair of panties, I've never seen a girl wearing under-panties-armor under see-through lingerie, and if she did, I'd fly her off the bed :beating:

are you serious??? if i was a model i wouldn't want to wear transparent panties in front of a damn crowd :noexpression:

Seems exactly what Kelly Gale had to wear :mellow:

On 12/2/2016 at 9:10 PM, Prettyphile said:

qCN3wneb.jpg dLxlrRY7.jpg 454MyoS2.jpg CKxVQJtD.jpg SFvCnp4E.jpg VOKO1CvF.jpg oh9Ea105.jpg kmamXXxb.jpg ZvYoY3bN.jpg XYwjxuFe.jpg TEAUgVSB.jpg  Xq68XZ35.jpg KCcKoH8O.jpg xgnw7Ubb.jpg  4be76GDo.jpg bgWV4887.jpg Tc6agkH6.jpg c8Q0N2N3.jpg vsPviIbn.jpg 1zw8C2jb.jpg DLxKfBHe.jpg rHLufnf2.jpg ntZpLDo9.jpg 3yOGw7RO.jpg W7qGIurO.jpg 8Peu0Qea.jpg Kmz59tSt.jpg stGP1P7X.jpg WxsXP0S8.jpg kAy3zNb5.jpg 6uCqkfuo.jpg BG5BdctD.jpg Md7twiNU.jpg VjIT7guW.jpg HTM6HBF2.jpg Y0nrzel7.jpg srYZwAS6.jpg s2YM6Cbh.jpg ch05nf0u.jpg NoCVLIDa.jpg OYy8lZl9.jpg GOA221FG.jpg 8vdCmYLM.jpg RCj5CNPG.jpg CPuYoWLP.jpg 3EIGp2Tw.jpg tJR7hn8r.jpg   7N1VS9MN.jpg LhmoBG3N.jpg i8fesK8r.jpg yArr04Iz.jpg iteTwUQ4.jpg

9 hours ago, GildedAngel said:

Sara, Elsa, and Adri are doing a store event on Monday December 5th at the new store on 5th Ave!! :clap:

So excited!

9 hours ago, GildedAngel said:

I know, all of my fav Angels :wub: How many events is Adri doing? I know she has Wendy Williams, AOL Build with Sara, and now the store event. I'm just glad that VS finally knows how to distribute press events amongst the Angels now. At least I hope they keep it up this way. 

Thank you @AngelAshley94 for the video! Cindy and Sara's wings look beautiful in motion I can't wait to see it in HD on tv. 

Adri and Elsa are also doing the Today Show

9 hours ago, modellight said:

Most of VS lingerie is very plain these days because it is a lower price. Most of "eyecatching" things you will see in their designs are rhinetones/glitter/metallic, variety of colors and strapiness. You won't see any innovative designs or unique fine laces like European brands because they would have to sell it at a higher price and Americans aren't used to that. The materials they use are also synthetic like polyester unlike other brands that use higher quality materials like silk, leather etc. These costumey outfits are their way of trying to make it look more special.

What i'm talking about is that fact, they determine the show's looks with whatever they policy of quality/prices have now in the stores. Is the same contradiction everybody is talking about: doing the show in Paris, rent the Grand Palais and do some questionable backgrounds but never use and take real advantage of the place. Use the lingerie you can buy in online works for segments as Secret Angel, but not for segments like TRA or even Dark Angel, with more fantasy and creativity in the themes (on the idea, not the result).  I said this before, if they just wanna sell the lingerie they have in the stores, better do a show more like Etam's where you don't add cheap fabrics and the result is not that costumey. if you go big, go big in everything :beating:

So Jasmine didn't close the show?? But didn't they make her told that in an interview? :sad: Hope they air the bruno-mars-version of her walk.

Exited to see Elsa and Adri together! :excited:

@Polqu I agree about the lingerie thing. That's part of the reason why it's just not up to par anymore. 2011 on is when they started to really focus on their lingerie and adding on all extras and they started doing the whole shop the runway thing. I get it. They're a brand and they want to sell the lingerie. They make the individual pieces and then just pick lingerie to go with it. Most of the time the lingerie doesn't fit the look of the pieces and that's why it looks messy.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.