Bellazon

The 2016 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

toodarnhot

hey @Prettyphile would you please grab Lais' pictures?

I think this show was better than 2015 but its still a huge mess; come on, they set the themes but they just can't make all the outfits seem different from each other. When you get segments like Super Angels in 2011 you're like oh wow a segment about super heroes and you get 10 different outfits in one theme! Now you pick a theme like THE ROAD AHEAD and the outfits looks exactly the same! Also Dark Angel!

I loved Taylor. Her TRA outfit was pretty good and she looked like a princess! And also Barbara in TRA! Girls rocked! Shout out for the headpieces in both outfits, wich made everything make sense. Also Zuri, her outfit was my fav AND GOODBYE RACHEEEELLL.

Oh and I waited so long to see Lais in the finale with the angels, I'm really happy for her. Elsa's opening outfit is just NO a big and red NO poor Elsa poor Bill

1 hour ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

QtzeCnk.jpg

Looking at this picture, somewhere along the line VS dropped the ball on maintaining a cadre of high-profile models to represent their brand.

They are left with the holdovers of the previous generation in Adri and Ale and with Candi not around, they really only have the up and coming girls like Elsa and Taylor to fill the void. Adri is now well into the awkwardness that were the last couple of years of the Heidi Klum era. :ninja:

I wouldn't call Elsa "up and coming"... She's been with VS for like what, 5 years and still isn't super famous. She was stuck in PINK for 4 years, was still doing it when she was 26/27 which imo is kinda strange, especially because PINK is clearly targeted at younger girls. I don't see Elsa becoming the new Adriana ever to be honest, if it had to happen it would've happened years ago, not now when she is almost 30. Someone I do see becoming their new star is Grace, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I do agree on the fact that VS stopped using high profile models for the brand, those days are long gone and I definitely don't see that changing anytime soon, if it's ever going to change because to me it looks like VS is going downhill, and very fast.

Not a fan of Taylor but she looks really good in this picture and so do Jasmine and Lily. I don't see what's so awkward about Adriana here, she could literally pass for someone in her 20s. And no, I'm not saying this just because I'm a big fan of her.

^ well you're streatching a bit here... Early 20s is kind of an exageration. She looks good, yeah, but not in her erarly 20s whatsoever.

Do you guys feel like a couple of angels might get dropped after this year show? You know, how it happens with Jac and Kate.

4 minutes ago, ThePinkDiet said:

^ well you're streatching a bit here... Early 20s is kind of an exageration. She looks good, yeah, but not in her erarly 20s whatsoever.

Do you guys feel like a couple of angels might get dropped after this year show? You know, how it happens with Jac and Kate.

I actually meant to type 20s, but seriously, without makeup... She looks better than a lot of girls there without makeup.

Just now, unali said:

I think after this show Ale, Lily, Martha, Lais and Stella are gone as angels. They will add in year or two Grace and that would be their final lineup.

Not sure about Stella. She opened a section and Ed seems to like her.

Agree about Martha and Lily.

Lily's contract should be coming up to finishing so there's a big chance she will go. I really love Lily as an Angel. She's a fantastic spokesmodel and her walk has gotten better. She kills catalog and commercial work. But much like Adriana she's only been used this past year for bigger stuff.

Alessandra every year people say she's going but I never thought it. But this is the first time that I think after this show she will be done. It seems ready for her to finish.

As for the rest I'm really not sure with VS. I would say Martha, Romee, Sara, Lais might go but then again who knows. They went from using Lais in everything to her not featuring much at all. Sara is just used for beauty mainly and Martha/Romee white wall stuff.

1 minute ago, Kevork89 said:

Lily's contract should be coming up to finishing so there's a big chance she will go. I really love Lily as an Angel. She's a fantastic spokesmodel and her walk has gotten better. She kills catalog and commercial work. But much like Adriana she's only been used this past year for bigger stuff.

Alessandra every year people say she's going but I never thought it. But this is the first time that I think after this show she will be done. It seems ready for her to finish.

As for the rest I'm really not sure with VS. I would say Martha, Romee, Sara, Lais might go but then again who knows. They went from using Lais in everything to her not featuring much at all. Sara is just used for beauty mainly and Martha/Romee white wall stuff.

I actually think it's time for Ale and Adri to move on. VS is using them for years just for Holiday and the Fashion Show. I wouldn't mind having them at vsfs again but I think they're too good for VS to do such little work. Especially Ale. 

I wouldn't be so sure about Romee and Sara. VS was using them regularly this year but I agree about Martha and Lais. 

All in all I think they should have less angels. If they're not using them for regular shootings, etc it's a waste of money they could use better. Besides they might give the angels 3 outfits again if they're up to 9 angels or something

Now that the show is over some of the angels may loose their status

Adri & Ale: Not sure but I think they should go. I will miss them so much tho

Behati & Candice: Safe

Lily A: I don't know. Now that she got to close the show I think this could mean something (farewell maybe?)... she got 0 recognition this year in the social media

Martha: NEEDS TO GO NOW!

Romee, Lais & Stella: Don't care about them... Specially Romee and Stella... 0 charisma and I don't get the hype about them

Taylor, Josephine & Elsa: The will stay DEFINITELY.

Sara: I think VS like her and she's been more used now than ever. Really want her to stay

Jasmine: She will stay

56 minutes ago, *Luna* said:

I wouldn't call Elsa "up and coming"... She's been with VS for like what, 5 years and still isn't super famous. She was stuck in PINK for 4 years, was still doing it when she was 26/27 which imo is kinda strange, especially because PINK is clearly targeted at younger girls. I don't see Elsa becoming the new Adriana ever to be honest, if it had to happen it would've happened years ago, not now when she is almost 30. Someone I do see becoming their new star is Grace, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I do agree on the fact that VS stopped using high profile models for the brand, those days are long gone and I definitely don't see that changing anytime soon, if it's ever going to change because to me it looks like VS is going downhill, and very fast.

Not a fan of Taylor but she looks really good in this picture and so do Jasmine and Lily. I don't see what's so awkward about Adriana here, she could literally pass for someone in her 20s. And no, I'm not saying this just because I'm a big fan of her.

If i can add more, i think Elsa is just famous because of VS, and I agree with you they don't have super famous models as Angels anymore... I don't know if they want to make someone famous and therefore they choose "new faces" ou not so well known models or they just don't wan't to divide the model with another millions contratcs that she has... 

If we like or not, these "new models" are 100% commited with the brand

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.