Bellazon

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini
Thumbnail

• 2 weeks later...

According to British boxing champion Amir Kahn :

I had dinner with Cheryl and Derek in LA last week.

"He's not her boyfriend. They're not going out. It's all just a cover-up to keep photographers at bay."

Derek Hough was made popular by helping Cheryl through her sick malaria battle just last month, which was thought to have been enough to convince most people that something was going on between them. But - they've never been spotted having an intimate moment or even holding hands together in public. The news will be celebrated by Black Eyed Peas-star Will.I.Am - one of Cheryl's closest pals, who claimed that Derek is a player and is no better than her love-rat ex, Ashley Cole.

Also, Derek will not play any role in Cheryl's move to L.A. That will only happen if she lands the job of X-Factor judge with SIMON COWELL, according to Khan.

Rumours have also been circulating that Cheryl has been seeing a 'backing dancer' from the Black Eyed Peas. The unnamed bloke met her while she was helping out the band earlier this year - around the time she'd decided to give up on Cashley. Apparently, they'll be seen together in a tour of Ibiza in September when she'll be helping out B.E.P. again....I doubt that. I think Derek has more of a chance.

dailymail.co.uk