Bellazon

Unpopular opinions

Stromboli1

5 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

i thought "passion" is the most hated one.

Passion is definitely hated.  I never watched it though..

Braveheart is comically inaccurate.  I've heard from Scots that it's hated in Scotland (less so everywhere else).  It's the equivalent of making a demented movie about George Washington..

Britons hate "The Patriot" because it makes the British look like SS Nazis..

His best movie is probably the Aztec one.  Few are offended too, as the Aztecs are gone..

24 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

Passion is definitely hated.  I never watched it though..

Braveheart is comically inaccurate.  I've heard from Scots that it's hated in Scotland (less so everywhere else).  It's the equivalent of making a demented movie about George Washington..

Britons hate "The Patriot" because it makes the British look like SS Nazis..

His best movie is probably the Aztec one.  Few are offended too, as the Aztecs are gone..

i haven't watched that aztec movie yet.

i don't like those two, even his relatively lesser-known movies are more interesting for me, eg. "gallipoli" or "the year of living dangerously".

14 minutes ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

i haven't watched that aztec movie yet.

i don't like those two, even his relatively lesser-known movies are more interesting for me, eg. "gallipoli" or "the year of living dangerously".

Payback and "We were Soldiers" were good.  I also liked 

Conspiracy Theory Poster

I like Mel Gibson as an actor, and his high energy, feral natural.... This is probably a result of his unusual upbringing.

• 1 month later...
On 12-1-2018 at 9:59 PM, Cult Icon said:

Payback and "We were Soldiers" were good.  I also liked 

Conspiracy Theory Poster

I like Mel Gibson as an actor, and his high energy, feral natural.... This is probably a result of his unusual upbringing.

Payback is more or less a remake of John Boorman's "Point Blank", which is a far superior movie.

^

"the Big Red One" (staring Marvin) was a terrible movie

Here is another one:

The 13th Warrior has amazing, diverse imagery and is largely forgotten.  It has some cult following (but nowhere to the extent of blade runner) but was a financial failure on release.   The whole movie can be watched online.

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002) was a great movie.

The Ring remake with Naomi Watts was a good movie.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They say you vote can make a difference, what a joke. You choose between two morons; one of them gets elected. Then he does whatever he wants, doesn't care about his program (what program anyway? :rofl:) and in any case his hands are tied because of the "counter-powers" who aren't really "counter", they ARE the power (oligopolies, "regular" media, social media, technocratic structures...)

:Dinah:

GGKq6FS.gif

On 3/30/2016 at 3:04 PM, PinkCouture said:

As I mentioned to another member, I think he is a good President too. Is he the best? Absolutely not but he is far from being one of the worse.

I agree with you. President Obama was/is a better leader than the one who is in the position now. While at times he was not effective in some places, I’ll agree there. 

Im scared that the current one willl be re-elected! 

Also, I think that Gisele is way overrated. Makes cute kids with her star quarterback though.