Bellazon

Unpopular opinions

Stromboli1

On 4/9/2019 at 12:19 PM, Cult Icon said:

- I wished Jaime impaled daenerys in Game of Thrones; I want that entitled brat dead!

Image result for jaime lannister horse

-Cersei is my favorite female character in Game of Thrones by far.  Is it too late for a redemption arc??!

I posted this on 4/9/2019.  Good call.. :rofl:

4ksypqwwyvx21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Carlin's old school (70s-mid 80s) material is so corny and weird as to be unwatchable.

Louis CK's material is decent but not great on average.  However he has the potential to be a truly great comedian

Louis CK will make a come-back, he's too good compared to other top comedians to stay down for long.  

can't get into Richard Pyror, he's too obsessed with the race war

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2019 at 10:33 PM, Enrico_sw said:

I think that GoT Season 8 was pretty good.

I was going to post that again :nicole:   My opinion hasn't changed: the last season was pretty good, I don't know why people are so pissed:idk:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Cult Icon said:

Anthony hopkins overacted a bit in "Silence of the Lambs"- could have dialed down the obviousness.   He was perfect in "Hannibal".  

I watched that movie again last night :laugh: I haven't watched Hannibal so i can't compare but his performance in Silence of the Lamb still haunts me to his day. 

2 hours ago, Sunshiine said:

I watched that movie again last night :laugh: I haven't watched Hannibal so i can't compare but his performance in Silence of the Lamb still haunts me to his day. 

It's a classic film.  Anthony Hopkins toned down his character in Hannibal and Red Dragon to be less openly scary and more nuanced- into someone who could blend in with crowds.

what haunts you?

+ I've always had issues with the style of Hannibal in the TV series  (Mads M).  Too much of a dandy, too good looking.   He cooks while wearing dress clothes. A man who quotes Epicurus and Marcus Aurelius shouldn't care that much about the way he dresses.  And besides, a precedent was made in Silence in the Lambs.

• 3 weeks later...

Existentialism-   Studying Existentialism, scanning and looking for insights, seems fairly unrewarding most of the time.  Aside for a few powerful insights, the philosophy and its leading intellectuals seems overall dated and not very profound or relevant for practical purposes, despite being extremely over-complicated and all over the place.