Bellazon

Guitar Masters

Stormbringer

So the idea is to post those you think are the best with the instrument. Those masters of the 6 strings that leave you at awe when listening what they are capable to do with a guitar. Those with beyond human technical abilities, incredible speed, or simply exquisite taste and clean sound.

Since Rock is one of the genres where guitar is the more prominent, it may be that most posts here will be related to Rock music, but hopefully we'll see great guitarists from every other genre too. From Blues, to Jazz, Flamenco, Classical and more.

I'll start with probably my favorite guitarist ever, and such a huge influence on many generations to come that started to add classical elements on their playing, combined with a clean execution and technique: Ritchie Blackmore. Here with Rainbow.

(Fun fact: this song is about chess)

Eddie Van Halen

one of my favorite solos ever .... brief and into the point (while the world of rock is full of endless solos that never sum up existing only to show off how skillful the guitarist is ...)

Just the solo:

the whole arrangement (solo begins at about 03:00):

Great topic btw :chicken::chicken::chicken: 

On 9 de marzo de 2016 at 1:01 AM, foofur16 said:

Paco de Lucia - King of Flamenco

Next up, an improvised rumba which is the basis for "Entre dos aguas"

Ah you beat me with Paco de Lucía :D I didn't know those two. I love how pretty much all the melodies from Entre Dos Aguas are already there in the second video.

He's one those guitarists who make me consider just to hang the guitar :rofl: 

He was in Chile a couple of years before he passed away... To this day I still regret not going to that concert :banghead:

On 9 de marzo de 2016 at 6:12 PM, Myfashexp said:

Great topic btw :chicken::chicken::chicken:

Thanks! :D 

On 9 de marzo de 2016 at 6:12 PM, Myfashexp said:

one of my favorite solos ever .... brief and into the point (while the world of rock is full of endless solos that never sum up existing only to show off how skillful the guitarist is ...)

Just the solo:

the whole arrangement (solo begins at about 03:00):

Oh I love that solo too!! Van Halen is one of those one of a kind guitarists. He truly changed the guitar scene in a way that was not seen since Jimi Hendrix.

Steve Lukather, another guitar beast, plays on that song too (actually all of Toto if I'm not wrong. They were all session musicians).

Speaking of Lukather:

And here you can find a nice "dissection" of the songs, with many parts of it isolated, including the guitar solo towards the end:

http://www.guitarplayer.com/artists/1013/-steve-lukathers-guitar-for-totos-rosannaisolated/56958

----

A clear heir of Ritchie Blackmore: Uli Jon Roth

On 2016. 03. 11. at 3:04 PM, Myfashexp said:

^ Technique is only part of great sound .... that guy is soooooo boring .... as if I know what he's going to play in advance and the thing he plays I've listed a million times in the past :idk: 

+1

Petrucci is the same, sterile professionalism

I like this tho

4 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

+1

Petrucci is the same, sterile professionalism

I like this tho

Petrucci is light years ahead of Malsmteen. Much more musicality and his music is far more interesting in every aspect.

Sterile is definitely not a word I'd use for him. Though I have to admit I prefer his playing when he keeps the speed outbursts at bay.

A true prodigy. 

To think what could he have reached if he could still play...

Jason Becker here 17 years old

I tried for long learning it with very limited success... Maybe I should try again now that I'm at least a bit better than when I tried last.

:surrender::surrender::surrender: