Bellazon

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2 (2017)

Michael*

gotg-2-photo-b9684.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2

Release Date:  May 5, 2017

Director: James Gunn

Synopsis

Set to the backdrop of ‘Awesome Mixtape #2,’ Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues the team’s adventures as they traverse the outer reaches of the cosmos. The Guardians must fight to keep their newfound family together as they unravel the mysteries of Peter Quill’s true parentage. Old foes become new allies and fan-favorite characters from the classic comics will come to our heroes’ aid as the Marvel cinematic universe continues to expand.

Cast

Chris Pratt - Peter Quill / Star-Lord

Zoe Saldana - Gamora

Karen Gillan - Nebula

Chris Sullivan - Taserface

Bradley Cooper - Rocket

Elizabeth Debicki - Ayesha

Vin Diesel - Groot

Dave Bautista - Drax

Michael Rooker - Yondu

Sean Gunn - Kraglin

Glenn Close - Nova Prime

Pom Klementieff - Mantis

Kurt Russell - Ego

Tommy Flanagan - Tullk

Nathan Fillion - Simon Williams

Should be really interesting to see how this one goes. The first movie was a surprise critical and commercial smash, although seeing as Marvel announced the sequel before it had even opened, it's probably to fair to say they had an inkling that it would play well with fans. Still, they'll have to contend with some massively increased expectations this time out.

Several new cast members have already been announced (with more surprises promised in the coming months), but there's only one familiar name from the books confirmed to debut so far. Pom Klementieff as Mantis should be a great call by Gunn, she's a perfect fit for the physical design of the character. :hehe:

2SzMfg2.thumb.jpg.71a8d8c4e799f46793b6dc

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Clauds said:

So excited for this one! The first one was for sure one of Marvel's best movies IMO

I flip-flop between 'Guardians' and 'Winter Soldier' as my favourite Marvel movie quite a bit, but the former has the greater replay value for me. It just has an energy to it that draws you in time and time again. I wouldn’t necessarily make a point of watching the DVD, but even now, when I stumble upon it on TV, I end up watching the whole thing every time. :laugh:

It's been confirmed that another new name has been added to the cast. Tommy Flanagan (Chibs from 'Sons of Anarchy') will be playing the right hand man of Yondu. :thumbsup:

Allegedly, Sylvester Stallone has been spotted on set too. His potential role isn't known at the moment, only that he won't be playing Quill's father or lending his voice to Ego the living planet, which had been widely rumoured.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's another of Gunn's sketches, which apparently has just been shot as a scene for the movie. He doesn't think anyone will ever correctly guess what's happening in it, which sounds a lot like a challenge to me. Any thoughts? :laugh:

11059608_10153264513326157_2397391714968

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:51 AM, Stromboli1 said:

Nathan Fillion was just confirmed to be in this movie as Wonder Man, but it's just a cameo role. :excited:

Nathan has been in every James Gunn film in some capacity.

Sounds good. I had no idea that Wonder Man was ever affiliated with the Guardians team, but as anyone who saw 'Firefly' will attest, Fillion can do the rugged spacefaring thing standing on his head. :yes:

• 1 month later...

News just broke that Elizabeth Debicki is expected to be the villain of the piece in GOTG 2. Her presumed character, Ayesha, was a genetically 'perfect' person created by a group called the Enclave, who similarly created another perfect being in Adam Warlock. So, another potential connection to the classic Infinity Stone and Thanos stories there. :hehe:

1149362-baby004.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 3:57 PM, katchitup said:

I'm going to be a girl for a second, but isn't Chris Pratt one of the finest specimens of this earth? Funny, hot, and in all his interviews he's so down to earth. Love this man :drool::drool:

Movie looks good too... :D   

You're going to have to fight @PinkCouture & I for Chris Pratt in a triple threat steel cage match. :rofl: