Gerrard vs Lampard

saritaa

Gerrard vs Lampard  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Gerrard
    • Lampard

Gerrard hands down.

They're both similar technically and I don't really want to get into an argument about who's better at what, suffice to say that they are both nearly as good as each other. What both of them need is a bit more intelligence in their game. But, supposing that they are relatively even on the matter of technical skill I propose the following argument for Gerrard.

Gerrard is versatile, he can play in many roles. All around midfield from left to right, attacking to defending. He can even play at right back and even second striker. Lamps can play in ONE position and hell he can't even defend very well

Gerrard doesn't have as much quality around him as Lamps does. People say that it's harder for Lampard to shine in a squad of stars and Gerrard only shines because he is good relative to the team. However, the more quality around you, the easier it is for a player because of the support they receive. I'm sure it's harder to play practically by yourself than it is with 10 other players that are just as good at what they do. Bear in mind that Gerrard has been performing so well since he started for Liverpool and Fat Frank has been doing it for a total pf 3 years. Also, isn't it easier to shine when you have a bigger heart than anyone else on the team?

The biggest difference between their class in Gerrard's ability to single-handedly determine a game. Lampard does influence Chelsea a fair bit, but he can't lift a whole team with his presence like Stevie. He can't come up with the goods at critical times like Stevie. Stevie's mentality and leadership qualities are so good, and you'd be hard pressed to find any player as influential as Stevie, bar Ronnie.

The biggest argument Chelsea fans give is Frank's ability on the international stage. Obviously that bubble has burst since the World Cup. Lampard: 24 shots, 0 goals vs. Gerrard: 5 shots, 2 goals.

I don't think there's any doubt who has been better, who is better and who will continue to be better :whistle:

Gerrard hands down.

They're both similar technically and I don't really want to get into an argument about who's better at what, suffice to say that they are both nearly as good as each other. What both of them need is a bit more intelligence in their game. But, supposing that they are relatively even on the matter of technical skill I propose the following argument for Gerrard.

Gerrard is versatile, he can play in many roles. All around midfield from left to right, attacking to defending. He can even play at right back and even second striker. Lamps can play in ONE position and hell he can't even defend very well

Gerrard doesn't have as much quality around him as Lamps does. People say that it's harder for Lampard to shine in a squad of stars and Gerrard only shines because he is good relative to the team. However, the more quality around you, the easier it is for a player because of the support they receive. I'm sure it's harder to play practically by yourself than it is with 10 other players that are just as good at what they do. Bear in mind that Gerrard has been performing so well since he started for Liverpool and Fat Frank has been doing it for a total pf 3 years. Also, isn't it easier to shine when you have a bigger heart than anyone else on the team?

The biggest difference between their class in Gerrard's ability to single-handedly determine a game. Lampard does influence Chelsea a fair bit, but he can't lift a whole team with his presence like Stevie. He can't come up with the goods at critical times like Stevie. Stevie's mentality and leadership qualities are so good, and you'd be hard pressed to find any player as influential as Stevie, bar Ronnie.

The biggest argument Chelsea fans give is Frank's ability on the international stage. Obviously that bubble has burst since the World Cup. Lampard: 24 shots, 0 goals vs. Gerrard: 5 shots, 2 goals.

I don't think there's any doubt who has been better, who is better and who will continue to be better :whistle:

well said red ed (Y)

i only voted for gerrard because on skill basis..they are even but gerrard is more awake during games i guess..hes more active in them..and hes a really underrated striker..

be fair. Lamps has to care for his fat :trout:

and Gerrard is an under-rated striker? :shock:

i only voted for gerrard because on skill basis..they are even but gerrard is more awake during games i guess..hes more active in them..and hes a really underrated striker..

gerrard striker :shock: ....i think stevie is midfielder..and how can u call stevie under-rated when most of english people treat him like he was god of midfield ..not only in england but all around the world most of peoples treat him like that..

yeah god of mid-field..hes well with handling the ball and passing and all that..but you dont see him get all the glory..when you specifically think goals you think beckham on his free kicks or lampard going for a strike..

and are you seriousss about him being famous honestly.. here in america people have NO clue about steven gerrard as a player at all..during the world cup he got no recognition except for that goal he made..when ever me and other folks would chat about the england's team...it would be about beckham, hargreaves, rooney, j. cole..never really gerrard.

yeah god of mid-field..hes well with handling the ball and passing and all that..but you dont see him get all the glory..when you specifically think goals you think beckham on his free kicks or lampard going for a strike..

and are you seriousss about him being famous honestly.. here in america people have NO clue about steven gerrard as a player at all..during the world cup he got no recognition except for that goal he made..when ever me and other folks would chat about the england's team...it would be about beckham, hargreaves, rooney, j. cole..never really gerrard.

well he's well known in every other part of the world.

And if you're talking about him in an England context, blame Sven <_< Gerrard has been used all over the park to replace players and because Sven didn't have the balls to drop Lamps. They can't play together and Gerrard is often the one that has to stay back and defend which means he doesn't get as much of the glory <_< He's been played on the right (by McClaren as well now) and SS to replace Rooney....pretty much everywhere but where he's most effective :no: but I guess you have to blame Gerrard as well. His England performances are nowhere near as good for England as they are for Liverpool...