Bellazon

4 hours ago, Prettyphile said:

Question is do we even care anymore?

It's the same shit year after year with horrible makeup & hair, bad photography that makes lack luster models look like crap. And as much as I pray they'll do something new every year they don't. They give us locations with very little discernible differences. Beach, water, maybe throw in a rock or two, a barely noticeable distance shot of a building or town, horse, statue, or palm tree. :sleeping: Then we have the suits which are 10% great, 30% meh, and 60% shit. Oh and they REFUSE to get rid of models. Nina's been around how fucking long? What else is she going to bring to the magazine that we haven't already seen? Hailey who you all know I adore needs to make this her last year - SI makes her look like dog shit compared to her work outside of the magazine and three years is more then enough.

The only thing SI is good for is helping a newer models career out. I don't know about you, but the only reason I root for models to be in SI is because I want girls like Alex, or Vika to get a career boost, other then that I don't care anymore. :sad:  And the biggest slap in the face is MJ keeps passing over clear winners like Dioni, Gigi P, Daniela, Elizabeth ect for girls like Mia Kang, Robyn &  Ashley Graham

Spiders can't even make it better :sad:

SI up your game big time and change shit up, thanks

I concur with Pretty, I mean look at the castings even this year so many boring women coming through, there's no spice, no excitement anymore. And when there is a model/woman I like in there they photoshop her to all hell so it doesn't matter what she looks like it'll be edited and not look the same or asked to put on extra stuff (tanner, makeup etc..) that she does not look quite as unique or wonderful. EmRata that one year looked like a tanned leather couch or an oompa loompa with all the extra tanning/lotion/whatever the fuck was on her.

As for locations, ya beaches are nice, but jungles, Pyramid's, sky scrapers, sports arena even! All other things to do instead of a beach with water and sand and that misc Local person they throw in everytime who just wants to stare at the models T&A

As per the models let's give the run down every year:

4-? White blondes (Usually 1-3 Skinny and 1 a bit thickerish body)

1-2 Women of darker skin

1-3 Brazilian 

1-2 European Women

0-1 Asian/Of Asian Descent 

2-3 White brunette's

0-3 Misc that doesn't fit any of that above

Cut copy paste and you get SI 20XX from now until forever.

How about owls?

The idea of getting rid of girls after 3 years is pretty absurd, And pretty much the opposite of everything SI has done since about 1975. 

Cheryl Tiegs - 10 issues; Christie Brinkley - 7 issues; Carol Alt - 6 issues; Kim Alexis - 6 issues; Paulina Porizkova - 6 issues;  Kathy Ireland - 12 issues; Elle Macpherson - 9 issues;  etc..., etc...., etc....

You don't get rid of the girls just as they're making a name for themselves, which makes it a mutually beneficial relationship for the girl and the magazine.

Just because they did it for the last 40 years doesn't make it the grand high poobah, I recall multiple times growing up where I heard my dad complaining he was sick of seeing the same woman every single year and wanted "fresh blood", and if it takes more then 3 to 4 years for a model to get any kind of notoriety from SI, then they're never going to get it.

You have instant successes and then you have pretty duds lacking "it factor" who take up too many years in the magazine and aren't getting anywhere. Even Hailey who had a cover isn't getting much out of the magazine. Move on imo.

18 minutes ago, peroxideblonde said:

not yet, i think she's done with SI tbh..but maybe not

i feel like if Gigi decide left the magazine it would be : oh  i didnt get the cover  im out! bye... so i think  she should be back at least one more year in grattitude to Mj and the SI crew cause SI pretty much was the first one who put her on the Map tbh.