Bellazon

Prayer Request

Guest MissIsabella

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The Power of Prayer

A very religious man lived right next door to an atheist. While the religious one prayed day in, day out, and was constantly on his knees in communion with his Lord, the atheist never even looked twice at a church.

The atheist's life was good, he had a well-paying job and a beautiful wife, and his children were healthy and good-natured, whereas the pious man's job was strenuous and his wages were low, his wife was getting fatter every day and his kids wouldn't give him the time of the day.

So one day, deep in prayer, the religious man raised his eyes towards heaven and asked, "Oh God, I honor you every day, I ask your advice for every problem and confess to you my every sin. Yet my neighbor, who doesn't even believe in you and certainly never prays, seems blessed with every happiness, while I go poor and suffer many an indignity. Why is this?"

And a great voice was heard from above, "Because he doesn't bother me all the time!"

http://www.atheistalliance.org/humor/prayer.html

currently, i cannot pray for anyone than myself because I am trying to understand what it means being a christian on my own.  I have read the gospel of mary, which was found couple of years ago and which is denied by the church to this very day. to me, everything is in that gospel. i am now trying to find out what this means for me.

*takesabreakandthinks*

I pray for all those people who have lost their self confidence and their inner balance. be strong, this will keep you alive and away from all temptation. (temptation in an evil and spiritual way. not sexually as the unification of male and female is divine). giving back the self esteem to these people means that those self educated leaders (spiritual and political) would have a hard time to sell their crappy ideas to the world. but it would mean that people have back the power they all are possesing, but not using, the power of opinion!

Always remember, the one who searches will find. I know its tough to believe in such cold days.

i hope i have not written to fancy and high, but this gospel of Mary really is something worth reading and thinking!

EDIT: for those who are interested in, please refer to this page by the gnostic society library

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is this one of the many or is this the only Apocrypha?

The Power of Prayer

A very religious man lived right next door to an atheist. While the religious one prayed day in, day out, and was constantly on his knees in communion with his Lord, the atheist never even looked twice at a church.

The atheist's life was good, he had a well-paying job and a beautiful wife, and his children were healthy and good-natured, whereas the pious man's job was strenuous and his wages were low, his wife was getting fatter every day and his kids wouldn't give him the time of the day.

So one day, deep in prayer, the religious man raised his eyes towards heaven and asked, "Oh God, I honor you every day, I ask your advice for every problem and confess to you my every sin. Yet my neighbor, who doesn't even believe in you and certainly never prays, seems blessed with every happiness, while I go poor and suffer many an indignity. Why is this?"

And a great voice was heard from above, "Because he doesn't bother me all the time!"

http://www.atheistalliance.org/humor/prayer.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

nice one hahahaha

I'm praying for all the people who had to suffer through Hurricane Katrina.  My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones, those who are injured and sick, and those who are now homeless because of this tragedy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto.

Horrible what has happened there.

Hopefully they get everything sorted out soon.

Which makes me wonder. How is SE Asia doing?

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is created by the most hatrated person in web history but since its made for good reason so i would request you guys to make a prayer for my nephew he is sick and is in hospital..i dont force whoever belive in prayers can make for him and for his fast recovery AMEEN!!...

• 1 year later...