Bellazon

Gigi Hadid
Thumbnail

sarnic

gosh...i'm done...i dont undertand why they took her..she dont have a lot face reaction...95% shoots - with open mouth and sleepy sight..there are so many another models,who deserve it more..

but congrats...it;s alll about money and fame ...ok

It's not hard to figure out why.  She is popular.  It's about more than just looks now with social media and the internet.  I'm curious, who do you think deserves it more?

IMO you don't need to be versatile as a model to sign with Maybelline.

While lebron is right about the social media aspect. You also need to glow from within, have a lovely smile/charisma and a pretty face obviously. I think she fits that pretty well.

Yup, Estee Lauder, L'Oreal and Maybelline are three biggest beauty contracts. L'Oreal is the least prestigious one IMO, because they have like a thousand spokespersons while Maybelline and Estee Lauder have a small group of girls.

I'm excited about what this will be, I'd love it if it was Maybelline because those Adriana, Gigi, Emily & Marloes commercials/pictures would be great. But it could be anything, I just thought Maybelline because that photographer does everything for Maybelline and I don't recall Gigi working with him before + the only ones who make announcements about spokespersons these days are those three brands, not event VS does it anymore.

I object to your use of the word prestige in conjunction with L'Oreal. L'Oreal has a stacked spokesmodel lineup full of actresses and top models and it is clearly the Nike of the group. It's not like they hand out contracts to anyone either (except the putrid Lea Michelle). If you get a contract with them you are definitely in more prestigious company. I get your point that Gigi will feature more prominently with Maybelline but I wouldn't call it a more prestigious contract. She is with Mayb. because they need her more than L'Oreal does.

It is interesting how this follows Kendall signing with Estee Lauder. Gigi is Maybs young girl with a large social media following. It is Gigi vs Kendall vs Barbara.

Models listed on right:

http://models.com/client/estee-lauder

http://models.com/client/maybelline

http://models.com/client/loreal

http://models.com/client/chanel-beauty

I meant that is easier to get L'Oreal, they have like a thousand spokespersons and they also use a lot of other models who are not even contracted. L'Oreal does hand contracts left and right and unless you are a worldwide spokesperson you wont event exposure everywhere (i.e Isabeli, Emanuela, Luisana)

They all get an absurd amount of money tho I'm pretty sure they don't care that much anyway.

Congrats to Gigi :ddr:

Top of my head: 11/12 2014 SI rookies + multigirl cover, Adriana getting the FB last year, Elsa becoming an Angel, Doutzen leaving VS, VS doesnt cast Kendall, Gigi and Maybelline ... Hannah Davis gets the SI cover this year and i'll shit my pants :rofl:

well there are rumors Hannah will get the SI cover, that would be great.

^^ Elfstone, nah, it's not the photographers fault, it's the fault of someone else. Because this isn't the first time it had happened. I'm guessing it's either a problem with the website or someone messed up when editing them. But, it has happened with others before also. For example;

When VS first uploaded this picture of Lais it looked normal;

6af90a382265228.jpg

And now when I view it on the browser/website it looks like this;

b19c50382265231.jpg

So it isn't the photographers fault. And, the pictures I uploaded before (her first VS Pink pics) were looking normal also. I don't know what the problem is, though. :/ It looks awful to me. If they ever fix them, I'll re-upload them.

Anyway; Gigi with Emily Didonato

69234e382265315.jpg

@peterbutlerhair