Bellazon

Gigi Hadid
Thumbnail

sarnic

I feel so torn about Gigi. 

I see her improving as a model - and I genuinely find her career to be really exciting right now. She's a legit Supermodel. Opening or closing every show she walks in. Collaborating with major designers on "Gigi" branded fashion lines. Doing major campaigns for giant commercial brands and the most exclusive high fashion. Covering Vogue's all around the world, etc etc. She's ON FIRE right now. 

But it kinda makes my heart hurt that it all seems to be happening in tandem and relation to her dramatic weight loss. I know she has a medical issue and I know that she's very active and exercises constantly, etc. The truth is that she has lost a tremendous amount of weight. It was only 2 years ago that she was being unfairly criticized for being "too curvy for high fashion". And now she's as thin or thinner than any other high fashion model. At the VSFS this year, she was among the thinnest models there. I just can't believe that it's a healthy transformation. 

1 hour ago, happycanadian2 said:

I feel so torn about Gigi. 

I see her improving as a model - and I genuinely find her career to be really exciting right now. She's a legit Supermodel. Opening or closing every show she walks in. Collaborating with major designers on "Gigi" branded fashion lines. Doing major campaigns for giant commercial brands and the most exclusive high fashion. Covering Vogue's all around the world, etc etc. She's ON FIRE right now. 

But it kinda makes my heart hurt that it all seems to be happening in tandem and relation to her dramatic weight loss. I know she has a medical issue and I know that she's very active and exercises constantly, etc. The truth is that she has lost a tremendous amount of weight. It was only 2 years ago that she was being unfairly criticized for being "too curvy for high fashion". And now she's as thin or thinner than any other high fashion model. At the VSFS this year, she was among the thinnest models there. I just can't believe that it's a healthy transformation. 

As someone who is a recovering from the stereotypical celeb "exhaustion" illness aka adderall (21 years)/coke (4-5 years) addict + ED recovery, that girl's Hashimoto's had nothing to do with it. I have the opposite thyroid problem she does and she's been showing signs of upper addiction/ED for months. She didn't lose that weight through Hashimoto's; it could have contributed to it some but not that drastic - especially with the way she claims to eat. But the last month, she has been looking healthier in the eye area, which tells me she's doing less uppers, or drinking way more water/taking supplements/getting IV treatments.