Bellazon

Your Favorites Star Wars Films ( so far ...) !

jj3

Your Favorites Star Wars Films ( so far ...) !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What Are Your Favorites Star Wars Films ?

• Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)
    • Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
    • Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
    • Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)
    • Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
    • Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983)
    • Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)
    • The Clone Wars (animated, 2008)
    • Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure (1984) "...Nahhh ! It was made for TV..." But still, it's a film, so, you can vote for it if you want :D

15 hours ago, 17 Moments of Spring said:

That's why.

With 1-2-3, its not because the fantasy politics, and I can get away with the CGI, but their script/scenario was utterly shit, with paper-cut characters and interactions between them.

LOTR - I gave up both the novel and the movie around the beginning of vol. 2 - too boring and fable-like for me. Maybe cause I began fantasy with the Conan short stories and the movie by John Milius.

And I never even watched avatar, I don't care with it.

I've recently enjoyed fantasy although through another medium (Witcher and Bloodborne).  The Conan comics are good for a laugh.  Frankly I am starting to see the open world gaming medium as the best place to depict fantasy.  There's a lot more scope and freedom, and now advances with motion capture help a great deal.  

With Star Wars it seems like the political aspects increase with magnitude with "Knights of the Old Republic" and other such pre-history or side stories.  I've never gotten into it as it deviated from the original trilogy, and to do so would require significant investment into getting interested in the characters (which is an unlikely thing at itself).  The Prequels are along a similar lines.  Bad movies, like "Watchmen" can be interesting if one likes and is familiar with the lore.

I referred to the original short stories of Robert E. Howard, not to some comics, lol. His stories with other protagonists can be even better.

By the way the game Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast is one of my faves, and I enjoyed the SW-themed books of Brian Daley, L. Neil Smith and Michael P. Kube-McDowell. And the "Jedi Academy" trilogy by Kevin J. Anderson, too. So I like and am quite familiar with the lore.

I don't hate them, but they are not my favorites. Every story has to have a beginning, and eps 1 & 2 were that beginning. I feel that they could have been combined into a single  movie and then string out the clone wars in two movies, and show more of Vader's quest to kill the remaining Jedi.  

Where I feel/think that the prequels got lost was in the fact that George wanted to do it all. Write, direct, produce and show us all the shiny new tricks that he could do with computers. He caught a lot of hell for that, and I strongly believe that's why he sold to Disney. 

I understand that he was upset/pissed off with the new caretakers of the saga because he had a story blocked out for the last three, but the powers that be tossed that out the window. However I think when Abrams started working with Kasdan in the writing, it helped the script for #7. Even if he did rehash Episode 4 (which will be forever Episode 1 to me, aka Star Wars) to create ep 7. 

^

The transition from 6 to 7 is quite awkward.   Technology apparently has not advanced nor has the uniforms.  The war is not resolved, and then history repeats itself with the new cast.  The baddie has similar goals as Darth.  This leads one to question if much was accomplished in 4-6 at all.   It feels like a remake/revisioning.

• 3 months later...

The correct order:

The Empire Strikes Back

A New Hope

The Force Awakens

Revenge of the Sith

Return of the Jedi

Attack of the Clones

The Phantom Menace

The PT was ok in the sense that GL tried to do something new. Also the PT really expanded the Star Wars universe imo. What mostly killed the prequels was the dialogue as it was terrible. I really wish George had someone else write them and he just direct the movies. I never got the fans who were pissed at George by saying he ruined their childhood with the prequels. :idk:

The Force Awakens was a really safe movie, it was meant to get Star Wars back to its root. I'm expecting Episode 8 to be really dark in tone and unique in the sense of a Star Wars movie with Rian directing it.

• 7 years later...
5 hours ago, Enrico_sw said:

The 6 star wars movies are great.

Because there are just 6 Star Wars movies. The last one was released in 2005. No Star Wars movies have been made ever since. :Amelie_wft:

have you watched 1-3 recently?

I feel like I need to watch them again after 20 years.