Bellazon

Supergirl

Michael*

It's just been announced (and of course, strongly hinted at towards the end of the recent finale) that S3 is bringing with it a new villain, to be played by Odette Annable. Beyond her BZ thread, I don't know a great deal about Odette, but I'm pretty excited to see how Reign's arc will be adapted for the small screen. Although I must say, I hope they don't make her too different. Her comic book counterpart looks like a powerhouse and I'd hate for them to tone her down too much.

2168320-41.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New cast announcements. 

Adrian Pasdar (Heroes, Colony, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) will play the charismatic capitalist Morgan Edge, a ruthless real estate developer who will stop at nothing to get what he wants (and what he feels he deserves). The DC villain’s big plans for National City instantly put him at odds with Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath).

· Carl Lumbly (Alias, Southland, The Cure for Wellness) embodies the classic DC character M’yrnn J’onzz, the father of J’onn J’onnz, the Martian Manhunter (David Harewood). A pacifist religious leader on Mars, M’yrn pushes his son in unexpected ways. Actor Lumbly is no stranger to the J’onzz family, as he’s voiced the Martian Manhunter on the Justice League animated series.

· Yael Grobglas (Jane the Virgin, Reign) portrays DC character Psi, a psychic villain who uses people’s own minds against them. Psi’s agenda puts her on Supergirl’s radar, and their meeting will affect the Girl of Steel in surprising ways. (Link to license preferred photo of Ms. Grobglas: https://www.rexfeatures.com/preview/printable/5967117042)

· Emma Tremblay (Elysium, The Judge, The Giver, Wayward Pines) plays Ruby, a smart, independently minded National City kid who’s fascinated by Supergirl and ends up in jeopardy because of it.

Supergirl returns for its third season Monday, October 9, at 8/7c on The CW. Based on the DC characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, the series is executive produced by Greg

Season 3 Trailer 

• 2 months later...
On 10/21/2017 at 4:58 AM, CandleVixen said:

@Michael*  Two weeks in and I'm enjoying it.  

I'm two episodes as well, and appreciating the slower pace so far. They have to keep things fairly accessible to a family audience, but I like the fact that they're dealing with some tricky themes. At the same time though, the show still feels like itself even when it's not having as much fun with the material, which is a neat trick. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2017 at 5:00 AM, CandleVixen said:

It threw me a bit too, then I thought about it and Kara and Mon El were openly dating. 

I thought that too, but for some reason I was struggling to remember if the others knew him as Mon El or by another name. :laugh:

^ He was going by Mike for a bit. I'm wondering when Man-Hell will make his return this season, since he's still a series regular. 

I'm really enjoying Odette as Samantha right now. Wondering how her transition to Reign will be, considering they're setting Sam up as close friend to Kara and Lena. 

They're doing the Legion of Superheros this season. 

In what is objectively the greatest news to break in the entertainment world this week, the Legion of Super-Heroes are finally coming to the DC TV superhero universe on the CW. Jesse Rath (who was great as Alak Tarr on Defiance, a show I still miss very much) will play Brainiac 5.

Here's Brainiac 5's official character description, courtesy of TV Line: 

Half computer, half organic life and boasting a 12-level intellect, Brainiac 5 is a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes who travels to National City from the 31st Century to help Supergirl and the DEO battle Reign

Rath is the second Legion member to be cast for the show. He joins Bollywood star Amy Jackson, who will play the telepathic Legion founder Imra "Saturn Girl" Ardeen on Supergirl Season 3. Saturn Girl will be a recurring character throughout the season. Appropriately enough, Supergirl Season 3 Episode 10 (where Brainy will appear) is called "Legion of Super-Heroes."

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/supergirl/267772/legion-of-super-heroes-coming-to-supergirl-brainiac-5-cast

On 6/1/2017 at 9:14 AM, Michael* said:

It's just been announced (and of course, strongly hinted at towards the end of the recent finale) that S3 is bringing with it a new villain, to be played by Odette Annable. Beyond her BZ thread, I don't know a great deal about Odette, but I'm pretty excited to see how Reign's arc will be adapted for the small screen. Although I must say, I hope they don't make her too different. Her comic book counterpart looks like a powerhouse and I'd hate for them to tone her down too much.

They released a first look at her costuming. 

odette-anable-reign-supergirl.jpg

On 11/8/2017 at 10:26 PM, toodarnhot said:

He was going by Mike for a bit. I'm wondering when Man-Hell will make his return this season, since he's still a series regular. 

Ah, that must have been what threw me. I'm guessing that they dropped the 'secret identity' plotline for him in pretty short order then, because I can only vaguely remember it now. If I'm honest, I grew to not mind Mon El after a while, although his reappearance would probably mean the show shifting back into some of the more soap opera-ish stuff from last season, which would be a pity because I'm really enjoying the tone of S3 so far.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:19 AM, toodarnhot said:

They released a first look at her costuming.

Yeah, it's a bit sad that we're not getting 'bad ass' Reign. I suppose to be fair, it was probably never really on the cards for an actress of Odette's standing to end up hidden under a mountain of make-up or CGI.

I do like what they're doing with Samantha at the moment, though. Since they're positioning Kara as being a bit spikier these days, pitting her against a villain who, at her core, is sincere and sympathetic should be a total slam dunk. It's such a neat twist on the usual dynamic and potentially just so full of tragedy.

• 5 months later...
On 4/18/2018 at 2:18 AM, jkjk said:

The karaoke scenes were fun and I liked the song choices. I liked the choice of Elvis and Melissa/Kara singing Beastie Boys.

Yeah, it was quite fun, although it feels like they're reaching a bit now in trying to come up with reasons for the cast to sing. Perhaps appropriately though, Mon-El couldn't. :rofl:

I thought Laurie Metcalf was great as Winn's mother, both in their scenes together and with the other members of the cast. I kept waiting for some twist to happen at the end, where they revealed that she was working with a new Toyperson. It’s something that the 'Arrowverse' had been doing constantly, to the point where it's almost a relief to see a long lost relative just stay as a long lost relative. :hehe: