Bellazon

Beauty, Hair, and Makeup tips and tricks! All Natural! Organic! Healthy!

katchitup

New products you really love.....something new you've tried that has worked wonders, an awesome cream or trick. Any questions you have about.

An at home mixture or something you swear by.

Organic homemade mixtures, all natural creams and scrubs for hair and skin, etc.

Post all your tricks and questions bellow, even non organic/all natural tips/products welcome  :)

• 2 months later...

Recently I've been cleansing and moisturizing my face with the Garnier Clean + Nourishing Cleansing Oil.  It works really well for both cleansing and moisturizing, and you can get it at the drugstore. :)

I've learned you have to be careful with the oils you use on your face.  Many oils you'd use on your body, such as coconut and avocado oil, can make your face break out. Garnier's face oil contains jojoba and macadamia oil, which will not clog your pores.

For eye cream, I've been using Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado for several months now and I like it. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am making a gel with flax seed that is AMAZING for your skin and hair.

You can use it to clean your skin or to perfect your curls.

You can also use it to moisturize your hair before to use a dry oil such has : hazelnut oil,  hemp oil or macadamia oil.

I am basically use everything I found in my fridge and kitchen cupboard for my hair and skin: oat milk that I make myself, coconut oil, coconut sugar, agave syrup, honey, glycerine, eggs.

I am not using shampoo for my hair anymore and the secret for thick and shinny hair is Neutral henna (cassia) Neutral Henna is colorless and is perfect for anyone looking to add shine and definition to their hair. It also help the hair to grow faster ans stronger and say good bye to split end! I am mixing the henna with broccolis oil that is a natural silicone + oat milk, silk proteins, vitamins B and E, keratin powder, castor oil. You also have marshmallow root powder and Liquorice root powder that do wonders to your skin and hair.

I am also using witch hazel waters hydrolate (hydrosol) and also Orange blossom water for my skin and hair.

Aloe Vera leaf juice is also your friend for... Everything!

7 hours ago, frenchkiki said:

I am not using shampoo for my hair anymore and the secret for thick and shinny hair is Neutral henna (cassia) Neutral Henna is colorless and is perfect for anyone looking to add shine and definition to their hair. It also help the hair to grow faster ans stronger and say good bye to split end! I am mixing the henna with broccolis oil that is a natural silicone + oat milk, silk proteins, vitamins B and E, keratin powder, castor oil. You also have marshmallow root powder and Liquorice root powder that do wonders to your skin and hair.

Just looked up this neutral henna, and it says it tends to have a drying affect, you feel like that at all?

So you mix the henna with broccoli oil and thats it or you also add all the other ingredients? 

you know if its safe for color treated hair?

I'm interested :D:D 

I make a face mask with raw honey and cinnamon that helps with my breakouts. I do 2:1 honey to cinnamon, but that might be a little strong depending on your skin type, you can try 3:1 to start off. Honey and cinnamon are both antibacterial, and the honey also acts like a moisturizer. I strongly recommend doing this at night before you shower because a) it's a lot easier to rinse off and b) you'll experience some redness in the face for a little while after. 

Also a product that I LOVE LOVE LOVE is the brand Colourpop. They're a brand out of LA that makes cruelty free (and often vegan) make up. Their lippies and eyeshadows are only $5 (they're a bit smaller than an average lipstick tube but the value is still there) and they have the most amazing colours. I just bought a few of their new cream eyeshadows, and the pigmentation is amazing, and I've been a fan of the lipsticks for ages. Between their regular lippies, and their newer liquid matte lips I probably have 40 different shades. 

21 hours ago, toodarnhot said:

I make a face mask with raw honey and cinnamon that helps with my breakouts. I do 2:1 honey to cinnamon, but that might be a little strong depending on your skin type, you can try 3:1 to start off. Honey and cinnamon are both antibacterial, and the honey also acts like a moisturizer. I strongly recommend doing this at night before you shower because a) it's a lot easier to rinse off and b) you'll experience some redness in the face for a little while after. 

Weird I would figure the honey would make you break out more. But sounds like worth trying. I"ve been breaking out pretty badly lately because I"ve been taking Biotin for my hair.

So sharing this struggle with you guys here, I've had my hair shorter (like just above shoulder length) for almost two years now and it has just become so damaged its so long to grow. Because it gets so damaged I need to get it trimmed often and well, needless to say it hasn't helped with trying to grow it out.

But I've just been finding it to be growing so dry and brittle. I use heat protectant and try to wash my hair once only couple of days. It's just so hard to NOT do anything with it because its so short, and you can't put your hair up...

Any tips/ tricks for making my hair healthier? Masks you've used that have done wonders? Things that have helped your hair grow? 

2 minutes ago, katchitup said:

Weird I would figure the honey would make you break out more. But sounds like worth trying. I"ve been breaking out pretty badly lately because I"ve been taking Biotin for my hair.

Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it helps fight the bacteria that cause acne, same with the cinnamon! 

On 22/12/2015 at 5:31 AM, katchitup said:

Just looked up this neutral henna, and it says it tends to have a drying affect, you feel like that at all?

So you mix the henna with broccoli oil and thats it or you also add all the other ingredients? 

you know if its safe for color treated hair?

I'm interested :D:D 

yes, it's safe. And to prevent the "dry" effect you can add honey or yogurt or oat milk or coco nut oil.

The better way to do it is to not using hot water to mix with the powder but only hot oat -or almond or any vegetable- milk. Than you can basically add everything you want  to nourish your hair. But for a first time i would say agave syrup, coconut oil. With time you will find out what ingredients are the best for your hair.

Honey is also great to highlights your hair because there is natural peroxide in it.

On 23/12/2015 at 5:06 AM, katchitup said:

Hmmm good to know. inexpensive too :hehe: 

On 23/12/2015 at 5:04 AM, toodarnhot said:

Honey is naturally antibacterial, so it helps fight the bacteria that cause acne, same with the cinnamon! 

Be careful because cinnamon can burns the skin very badly.

You can make a facial mask with turmeric powder. Turmeric has a high Anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant property. My niece was desperate with her acne and i told her to make a mask with turmeric powder and apply it on her face twice a week  during 2 months and after 4 weeks her acne was almost gone. I then told her to to use honey and coconut sugar to make a natural soft scrub for her face once a week and keep going on with the mask and now her skin is acne free!

honey and turmeric are miraculous! The only problem with turmeric is that it can color your skin in orange, so it's important to not apply the mask on your eyebrows and to not leave the mask more than 10 mnts . You can use the powder and honey even if u don't have acne.

On 23/12/2015 at 5:03 AM, katchitup said:

So sharing this struggle with you guys here, I've had my hair shorter (like just above shoulder length) for almost two years now and it has just become so damaged its so long to grow. Because it gets so damaged I need to get it trimmed often and well, needless to say it hasn't helped with trying to grow it out.

But I've just been finding it to be growing so dry and brittle. I use heat protectant and try to wash my hair once only couple of days. It's just so hard to NOT do anything with it because its so short, and you can't put your hair up...

Any tips/ tricks for making my hair healthier? Masks you've used that have done wonders? Things that have helped your hair grow? 

To grow your hair you really have to use Castor oil (Ricinus communis) it is made out of a plant and it is another incredible oil.

http://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/how-to-use-castor-oil-for-your-hair/

I am using it for my hair and eyebrows and high lashes and it is truly miraculous.

And the best for your hair will be to use sulfate free and no silicone shampoo.

Lavera shampoo

https://www.ecco-verde.com/lavera/shampoos-and-hair-care-from-lavera

khadi shampoo and oils are amazing

https://www.ecco-verde.com/khadi

these 2

https://www.ecco-verde.com/sante/velvet-rose-shampoo

https://www.ecco-verde.com/sante/instant-mango-treatment-2-in-1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Cosmetics works very harsh on skin so it's better to avoid them as much as you can and try to use natural or homemade products. For glowing skin you can use strawberry or banana scrub it will leave your skin shiny. But at the same time dressing and makeup is also important and pairing up these things in order also matters. For a great party look first you must have a good and glowing skin, then a good dress, nice accessories (pendents, neck fit necklace, bracelets or personalized stamped jewelry), simple and light make-up (use good and organic cosmetics) and you are ready for the party.

6 minutes ago, katchitup said:

Just curious I'm kind of into all natural/organic medicines and remedies for stress and day to day life. Anybody have any experience/any thoughts on crystals (like featured in this episode)? 

I personally don't really buy into crystals, but I have several aunts who are very into natural/spiritual healing who swear by them. I actually went to a crystal shop with them this weekend. :p Maybe there is some truth to it, but I think it's largely based on belief. I wear an amethyst crystal on a necklace because I think it looks pretty, not because I think it's going to sharpen my mind so I don't feel any difference. :idk: But I think if you believe it's going to give you some sort of clarity, it works like a placebo effect. 

52 minutes ago, toodarnhot said:

I personally don't really buy into crystals, but I have several aunts who are very into natural/spiritual healing who swear by them. I actually went to a crystal shop with them this weekend. :p Maybe there is some truth to it, but I think it's largely based on belief. I wear an amethyst crystal on a necklace because I think it looks pretty, not because I think it's going to sharpen my mind so I don't feel any difference. :idk: But I think if you believe it's going to give you some sort of clarity, it works like a placebo effect. 

I kinda believe in it both ways. It does seem like a placebo, but then again I do believe the earth/stones from the earth have energy. I've always believed everything was kind of interconnected and that energies are real, and that there is alot of healing power in elements of the earth. Just don't know that I buy that they are present in stones and crystals. 

Like you I really just mainly like the look of them. :hehe: 

• 1 year later...