Bellazon

Imgur issues

CanLVS

For any of us who use Imgur it was found out last night there was suspicous code and malware on the site. While it seems it is being used to DDoS only a specific targer the fact that there is malicous JavaScript makes using the site at this time unsafe.

I would advise against using Imgur for now until they fix it, and they did tweet they are aware of the problem around 12 hours ago so hopefully it will be fixed soon but until then stay away from Imugr.There are several other image hosting sites available like Imagebam and Imgbox to use until it is fixed.

Here are some sources for those who want to know more:

https://thestack.com/security/2015/09/22/imgur-botnet-attacks-8chan-4chan/

http://www.techworm.net/2015/09/imgur-being-used-by-cyber-criminals-for-ddosing-4chan-and-8chan.html

https://venturebeat.com/2015/09/22/hackers-are-using-imgur-to-launch-attacks-on-4chan/

• 1 year later...

@CanLVS and everyone else:

Do you know if it’s possible to post image links from Imgur in such a way that a person can just click on one picture on Bellazon and then on Imgur look through other pictures in the album by pressing on arrow buttons (like on Imgbox)? So that one doesn’t have to open every picture individually to view them?

Here’s an example:

12 hours ago, Sanni said:

SdQj3R0m.jpg     c0F1xAgm.jpg

tjyp7RRm.jpg     OlhnAkDm.jpg

VgsnkhSm.jpg     hvqgGyIm.jpg

vVOSYTRm.jpg     umFttjQm.jpg

40 minutes ago, GetOffMyLawn said:

@Sanni You could do it like this. Just copy the gallery link from the browser bar and paste it, it will turn into an embedded hot link and you can go to the next image without even going to imgur. Not sure how to resize it though.

Thanks for working on this! Hmm, so it seems that there is no way for Imgur to automatically generate BB codes to the pictures as a gallery like on Imgbox and Imageban?

12 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Thanks for working on this! Hmm, so it seems that there is no way for Imgur to automatically generate BB codes to the pictures as a gallery like on Imgbox and Imageban?

If you click on any of the pictures it will take you to the gallery, but all the images are on one page. I don't like that either because my internet is slow so I would rather just go to the next image on my own :angry: .

1 hour ago, GetOffMyLawn said:

If you click on any of the pictures it will take you to the gallery, but all the images are on one page. I don't like that either because my internet is slow so I would rather just go to the next image on my own :angry: .

Thanks for the tip! I think it’s a worthwhile addition to make when one happens to post a lot of pics at the same time.

On 6/14/2017 at 7:11 AM, Sanni said:

@CanLVS and everyone else:

Do you know if it’s possible to post image links from Imgur in such a way that a person can just click on one picture on Bellazon and then on Imgur look through other pictures in the album by pressing on arrow buttons (like on Imgbox)? So that one doesn’t have to open every picture individually to view them?

My thoughts on Imgur in Ms. Blonde's thread.

Hello! What do you mean by

On 15.6.2017 at 10:26 PM, Stromboli1 said:

I use it too, but to make your own thumbnails on BZ you have to change the code and post them one by one. :banghead:

I do have to change the default code for thumbnails, which can cause issues. But you can choose multiple pictures at the same time and Imgur will generate codes for them simultaneously.

2 minutes ago, Sanni said:

Hello! What do you mean by

I do have to change the default code for thumbnails, which can cause issues. But you can choose multiple pictures at the same time and Imgur will generate codes for them simultaneously.

For example, if you want upload a shoot you can upload all the pictures to Imgur and it will generate the codes. To post them as thumbnails you have to take each picture's individual code to post it on BZ.

I prefer thumbnails of photoshoots rather than galleries.

EYuVFzh.jpg zw4jBYg.jpg uE2C98z.jpg Z6fO8Da.jpg

VS

• 2 years later...