Bellazon

Marvel's Jessica Jones

Michael*

I like the nonchalant types, so it's definitely a good character and the series is not that bad. I discovered her in the defenders and she was not that good in it, but there are too many heroes in that series (and the script is a bit hollow). But in her own series, she's quite good.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So what's everyone's opinion of S2? Early reviews for the first half of the season were highly positive, but I haven't had a chance to give it a watch yet.

Of all the characters I'd expect to show up in the MCU, The Whizzer would have been pretty far down the list. And I thought Agent Carter carried some deep cut Marvel references. :rofl:

• 3 weeks later...

Season two felt a lot like a set up season to me. I get what they were trying to do with the “big bad” and Jessica’s turmoil but it didn’t really feel emotionally satifysing to me. I found myself more interested in the side characters like Malcolm and Trish, and found parts of this season a real slough. I like where they ended though, and am looking forward to season 3. 

Also wouldn’t have minded some crossover from the other Defenders. This season felt very isolated after having the big collaboration of The Defenders. 

• 1 year later...

Enjoyment of S3, I suspect, will depend entirely on how much you still care about the characters after all this time. For me, it's been a reminder of just how good Marvel's Netflix stuff can be at its best.

Forgive the slight tangent, but the thought occurs that if all this takes place before 'the snap', and Marvel can't use the characters again for a number of years, they could bring them back later and really delve into the consequences of Endgame. So following the timeframe of the movie would more or less line everything up with the real-world timeframe when Marvel gets the rights back. Coincidence? :angel:

1 hour ago, Michael* said:

Forgive the slight tangent, but the thought occurs that if all this takes place before 'the snap', and Marvel can't use the characters again for a number of years, they could bring them back later and really delve into the consequences of Endgame. So following the timeframe of the movie would more or less line everything up with the real-world timeframe when Marvel gets the rights back. Coincidence? :angel:

100% guess, but I think yes coincidence. I say this because they didn't tell the Agents of SHIELD writers anything about Endgame so I doubt they did with JJ.  :idk:

Another guess, I think these characters (and all characters) have the possibility to return, but I doubt it will be with the same actors. I think this is true of the Netflix MCU and most Marvel characters recently obtained with the Fox purchase. (Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool being the most obvious exception)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 1:19 AM, jkjk said:

100% guess, but I think yes coincidence. I say this because they didn't tell the Agents of SHIELD writers anything about Endgame so I doubt they did with JJ.  :idk:

Another guess, I think these characters (and all characters) have the possibility to return, but I doubt it will be with the same actors. I think this is true of the Netflix MCU and most Marvel characters recently obtained with the Fox purchase. (Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool being the most obvious exception)

I think you're right, it just feels like we're at a point now where Marvel could be sitting on an opportunity to do something really incredible with their TV shows. Having, in canon, a five-year period where the world is recovering from something so devastating would be such fertile ground for their street-level heroes to explore. But, unfortunately, it probably won't be happening.

^  I would be excited (probably too excited) for one show about the aftermath of the first snap and the subsequent five years and one show about the aftermath of the second snap. I think both are fertile grounds for writers. I'm not optimistic it might happen, though.

There's a chance, I suppose, that the Falcon/Bucky show could at least partially tackle the aftermath, but I really feel like a standalone Leftovers-style show retooled into a Marvel product could be an amazing thing.

It's possible too, although it probably won't happen for a while, that one of the newer heroes might have an origin story set during the five-year gap.

• 2 weeks later...