Bellazon

2015 SI Swimsuit Model Tournament

alluringbeauties

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 74:
Samantha Hoopes (73.8%) defeated Karen Alexander (26.2%)
Group 4:
(4) Nina Agdal (96.1%) defeated Carmen Luisa Vela (3.9%)
Group 2:
(2) Marisa Miller (96.1%) defeated Irina Pantaeva (3.9%)

My spin:
Two of the top four models were in action, and both won by identical margins. So, Nina and Marisa rolled, as expected. Samantha Hoopes also won comfortably against Karen Alexander, which keeps things in line with a likely showdown against Kate Bock for the group title.

Current Group Stage Standings/Tables: here

Three more matches are now live and open for voting!!

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on October 21. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting, and check back tomorrow for new matches!

-------

Group 77, Match 2:
Michelle Vawer vs. Babette March
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G77_M02_Michelle_Vawer_vs_Babet.jpg

Group 56, Match 2:
Suzy Smith vs. Damaris Lewis
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G56_M02_Suzy_Smith_vs_Damaris_L.jpg

Group 26, Match 2:
Yvonne Sylvander vs. Rosie de la Cruz
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G26_M02_Yvonne_Sylvander_vs_Ros.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 20:
(20) Yamila Diaz-Rahi (79.1%) defeated Sabrina Barnett (20.9%)
Group 73:
Yasmeen Ghauri (70.7%) defeated Kate James (29.3%)
Group 32:
Cheryl Tiegs (81.4%) defeated Paula Warner (18.6%)

My spin:
No surprises today, as the three favorites prevailed easily.

Michelle Vawer is Canadian

Thanks. I have her down as an American. From her official page, it says she was born in Vancouver, raised in Hawaii. So, she does sound Canadian. How come nobody questioned this fact in the past three years? :)

She does seem to self-identify as an American. I've read a few interviews now where she refers to herself as a Hawaiian. I have yet to hear her even reference Canada. I see another EmRata debate coming. :) Ultimately, EmRata was correctly settled as American.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on October 22. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G59_M02_Carre_Otis_vs_Kim_Leman.jpg

Group 24, Match 2:
Karen Mulder vs. Roberta Little
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G24_M02_Karen_Mulder_vs_Roberta.jpg

Group 78, Match 2:
Chandra North vs. Roshumba Williams
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G78_M02_Chandra_North_vs_Roshum.jpg

There are so many models that are obviously not even going to win one or two rounds.  What are your thoughts on not including them next year to save time?

My thoughts are exactly that, actually. :)  I want to include all the models, but I'm going to probably go back to the qualifying tournament style or something similar, like I did in Year 1. That would make some of the lower regarded models face one another rather than the likes of Paulette Kieon getting smoked by Nina Agdal. :p

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on October 23. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found here.

Thanks for voting, and check back tomorrow for new matches!

-------

Group 23, Match 2:
Kylie Bax vs. Annette Molen
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ft7u

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G23_M02_Kylie_Bax_vs_

Group 5, Match 2:
Oluchi Onweagba vs. Bernadette Swann
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ft7v

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G05_M02_Oluchi_Onweag

Group 2, Match 2:
Pixie Peterson vs. Irina Pantaeva
Vote: http://poll.fm/5ft7x

x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G02_M02_Pixie_Peterso

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 25:
(25) Rebecca Romijn (93.9%) defeated Tanga Moreau (6.1%)
Group 22:
(22) Emily Ratajkowski (87.1%) defeated Kadra Ahmed Omar (12.9%)
Group 38:
Alicia Hall (60.1%) defeated Jean Pelton (39.9%)
Group 43:
Sonia Dara (55.7%) defeated Reka Ebergenyi (44.3%)
Group 36:
Hilary Rhoda (88.3%) defeated Lena Kansbod (11.7%)
Group 8:
Britta Dubbels (84.7%) defeated Micheline Lee (15.3%)

My spin:
Sonia Dara lost her first match to Chrissy Teigen, but she bounced back to beat Reka Ebergenyi in her second match. On the surface, the win would seems to have kept Sonia’s hopes of advancing alive. But, in reality, she's still eliminated, since Chrissy would have to lose to Reka and do so by a large margin. But, if that happened, then Reka would advance. So, Sonia is out, despite her victory!

All other results were as expected.  

That's just it.  A lot of these models just aren't going to go anywhere in the tournament.  Leave them out entirely.

I certainly understand that point of view, but there are a couple of factors at play.  First, that cutoff point is actually pretty difficult to determine.  If you cut it off at 64 models, for example, then you'd be leaving out a huge number of models that could win matches.  Could the #72 ranked model win the whole tournament?  Probably not.  But, they could certainly threaten anyone. (Izabel Goulart is the #72 model this year, for example.)

If the cutoff becomes 128, then it's easier, but the same principle still applies.  You'd be leaving out models like Kylie Bax and Manon Von Gerkan, for example.  Neither is a real threat to win 6-7 times, but they can win a match or two and affect the tournament.

The other factor at play is that I like to ensure all SI models are in this just to give them a chance.  The lower ranked models will never beat Marisa Miller, of course.  But, I think seeing how they fare against someone else is interesting in and of itself.  :)

Thanks for the feedback and discussion.  Really appreciate the interaction.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on October 24. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G34_M02_Rita_Tellone_vs_Ann_Pet.jpg

Group 20, Match 2:
Ana Paula Araujo vs. Sabrina Barnett
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G20_M02_Ana_Paula_Araujo_vs_Sab.jpg

Group 12, Match 2:
Amy Wesson vs. Elvira Ulla
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G12_M02_Amy_Wesson_vs_Elvira_Ul.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 77:
Michelle Vawer (84.3%) defeated Babette March (15.7%)
Group 56:
Damaris Lewis (62.6%) defeated Suzy Smith (37.4%)
Group 26:
Yvonne Sylvander (92.4%) defeated Rosie de la Cruz (7.6%)

My spin:
Hawaiian/Canadian Michelle Vawer rolled over the first SI covergirl, Babette March. Surprisingly, Yvonne Sylvander also got more than 90% of the vote against Rosie de la Cruz. Their rankings are 186 & 197, respectively, so I’d have expected a closer match. Also, this was Yvonne’s first career tournament victory - against 5 losses.

Voting for these matches is open until 10:30pm US Eastern Time on October 25. Use the link under each matchup to vote, which will literally take about a second to do. Please vote only once, since duplicate votes do not count.

More information about the tournament, including standings, brackets, results, and all matches can be found th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G69_M02_Lujan_Fernandez_vs_Bran.jpg

Group 16, Match 2:
Coco Mitchell vs. Cynthia Korman
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G16_M02_Coco_Mitchell_vs_Cynthi.jpg

Group 7, Match 2:
Erin Gray vs. Anna Getaneh
Vote: th_x_SSx_SISMT2015_GS_G07_M02_Erin_Gray_vs_Anna_Getan.jpg

Today’s results are in!

Group Stage

Group 59:
Carre Otis and Kim Lemanton drew (50.0% each)
Group 24:
Karen Mulder (77.9%) defeated Roberta Little (22.1%)
Group 78:
Chandra North (88.3%) defeated Roshumba Williams (11.7%)

My spin:
We have the third draw of the 2015 tournament, as Carre Otis and Kim Lemanton couldn’t be separated. Angela Lindvall remains the front runner in the group, but the winner of the final group match, between Carre Otis and Angela Lindvall, will determine the group’s winner.

Other results were as expected. Karen Mulder had little trouble with Roberta Little (pun intended), and Chandra North easily came out on top against Roshumba Williams.