Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

guys an I the only one that saw Caitlyn Jenner there too?

Sem título.jpg

Edit: I loved how the stage looked OMG!!! Amazing!

This years show has really grow on me, mostly some segments like POAA and IA, for the pics i thought it would look awful, but what a nice surprise they were! Actually the butterflies segment looked worst from motion, so sad.. The performers were awesome! I was so glad that Rihanna was replaced ahahaha

I wish they had more screen time for Jac so that we can see her amazing walk!

Can I say I loved the stage again? And that no performer stood in front of the girls :D why talking about Taylor Swift again??

Elsa has really impressed me, I thought she has a "bitchy" attitude from pics but she sounds really sweet. Romee has impressed me too. Josephine needs to be an angel now. Daniela started well but then she spoiled it all.. PINK was nice, but I was sad about the astronaut girl Megan and I'm sad how Maud is so butterface.. 

It looks like Kendull and Gigi can't even help bring in viewers. The show was down 32% from last year in their target 18-49 viewer demographic and it was the worst ratings since they started airing it in 2002. They got a 2.3 viewer audience watching their previous low 2.6 for the 2007 show for comparison last years show ranked at 3.4 so they dropped more then a point which is huge in TV ratings.

http://www.thewrap.com/victorias-secret-fashion-show-cbs-chicago-fire-nbc-tv-ratings/

http://deadline.com/2015/12/victoria-secret-fashion-show-ratings-hit-low-scream-queens-the-flash-chicago-med-nbc-1201662423/

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/12/09/tv-ratings-tuesday-dec-8-2015/

3 hours ago, victorscloset said:

I agree with you on Behati's opening. It doesn't scream 20th anniversary to me. Adriana definitely has to teach Behati or maybe even Candice can. I mean, Candy did a great job opening 2013.

Exotic Butterflies, LOL at Daniela Braga's pose. Adriana being revealed was awesome I teared up. JAC's outfit was beautiful, she looks so different outside of PINK.

Pink USA. I didn't see Rachel pose (too fast) but on her way back she looks plus sized (which is good). Megan, why MEGAN WITH TAYLOR? Rachel would've been better. 

Portrait: IZABEL'S HAIR FLIP.

Snow Angels, Iza can't hear the haters. I loved Candice's little bounce before walking. I'm so happy for my timezone buddy, PastaFreak because Sui He got a nice close up and slow-mo. Sad they didn't air Sharam Diniz kissing(?) Ellie. 

Fireworks well... Martha was dull AF. 

Thank you so much for the worthy mention <3. I am quite happy with Sui this year and generally don't have much to complain cept for the fact her POAA scene was very very edited out, don't understand why. But the IA close up was beautiful, she really smiled like an angel. Now, to share my thoughts...

Boho Psychedelic - The opening was bad but Behati improved from 2014. Don't get the split screen motif, but I do think this segment has the most colorful wings. Romee definitely shone in this segment. Personal favorites were Joan, Elsa, Romee & Candice. Hate to say this, but Kendall had a good walk for the amount of hates she got, she did better than some of the regulars.

POAA - Felt this entire segment was rushed, but I think all the pretty looking models were pooled in to here. Where you have sexy for Boho, gorgeous is the word for POAA. Flavia, Sanne, Gracie were great. A bit sad for Sui because in the promo trailer, Sui had a good walk for this segment, but they cut out so much time and gave it to Bruna + Sanne, a pity. Her wings weren't even properly shown. I prefer Lily D in IA, her hair looked messy in POAA...

Exotic Butterflies - I don't want Gigi to be an angel, but she proved herself on EB. Nevermind that her PINK pose was bad, she was gorgeous in EB, that green cap and the way she flaunted it was amazing. Magdalena, Adriana & Jac were great, gotta love the dimensional outfit Mag and Jac got. Not sure about the Ming hate, we all saw this coming, she was getting a lot of attention as an Asian because she brings energy to the runway. Sophia and John loves Ming as much as they love Sui, it's just Ming fits in to VS energy so well but Sui brings the beauty that VS wants in an Asian. Pauline was cute, but I don't know why she felt like Maud 2.0 to me, her stare was scarier than Maud this year.

PINK USA - Selena did well, no question. Favorites were Ming, Maud, Yumi & Bridget. I don't usually enjoy PINK because their recent years of designs and wings were lacking, but its nice to them going back young adult themes instead something like 2010's PINK. Guys, let's be honest, Maud's face wasn't that bad at all. And sorry, no love for Josephine, I like her but I felt like she looked so washed out this year, she looked old and I'm not sure if its her hair or the tan/makeup.

IA - You guys know me, this is my favorite segment, not just cause Sui is in it and had close up + ample camera time. I like white themes and VS has never failed in making white wings, even though Snow Angels was better, Ice Angels had a greater presence and design. It's really my favorite segment because Love Me Like You Do is put together with a beautiful segment, this is the first time VS really did put a fitting song to a segment, and honestly, back in Jan 2015, I had a wish Ellie Goulding would sing LMLYD with someone graceful like Anja Rubik walking on the runway, while we didn't get long legs to ogle at, the whole segment was beautiful. Jac, Romee, Candice, Barbara, Izabel, Sui, Lais were all pretty and beautiful, I felt like Sharam didn't fit in because all the IA outfits had extensions, be it wings or capes, but Sharam had one short piece and just felt really off. This segment was the best and it should have replaced Fireworks to give off that beautiful finale instead the dramatic finale from Fireworks. Kudos to Iza for keeping it simple, want to see her back for next year, I am starting to like Iza more and more. And Sui, why I'm really happy is how in the close up, they really captured her smile, it was really an angel's smile, nevermind she didn't have much of her walk shown, the wings and camera time she got this year was enough to make things right. I think whenever there's a soft, feminine segment, we can expect her to be in it. The only complaint were the earmuffs, goggles & Romee's horrible layered and folded sleeves, it made her look like a Michelin baby with flabs.

Fireworks - Worst segment. Sorry, the wings were colorful but everything looked so washed out. Joan, Cindy, Behati's wings and Constance stood out. THAT'S ALL. The energy was there but the makeups killed it. Love Constance's "Boom" expression omg. Wished Maria's wings weren't so still, I was thinking it was gonna be like Ale's wings where it had that fluid movement.

TL;DR - Loved POAA, IA, PINK USA. Okay with EB & Fireworks, hated BP. 

Who to see next year: Candice, Sara, Lais, Adri, Ale, Kate, Taylor, Behati, Jac, Romee, Lily A, Elsa, Sanne, Flavia, Lily D, Sui, Bridget, Yumi, Joan, Cindy, Constance, Barbara, Jasmine, Izabel, Magda, Gigi + Kendall (without the publicity)

Situational - Ming (unlikely cause VS loves her), Pauline (cute but don't fit), Vita, Leomie (reminds me of Kylie Bisutti), Gracie (very situational beauty), Jac J (not sure if she's PINK or Mainline material), Maria (au natural didn't look so good on camera I guess)

Who needs to be axed - Stella, Martha, Sharam (sorry girl), Daniela (bye), Bruna (see ya), Rachel, Cowboy girl in PINK whose name I forgot, Megan, Shanina (sorry, she looks so washed out yearly),  & probably everyone else not mentioned.

Like I said, the ones that benefited the most from this year would probably be Sophia and John's group of regulars. All of them had nice outfits, minimum one wing each, 2 segments guaranteed. I felt like the main reason why everyone complained about the outfit distribution was caused by the upgrades of Regulars, regulars had the most indirect privilege in the show, in exchange for the angels' outfits. The ones that I felt benefited from it were Lily D, Constance, Maria, Ming, Sui. Unfortunately for certain regulars like Magda and Shanina, that didn't happen, but they've already had years of attention.

It looks like Kendull and Gigi can't even help bring in viewers. The show was down 32% from last year in their target 18-49 viewer demographic and it was the worst ratings since they started airing it in 2002. They got a 2.3 viewer audience watching their previous low 2.6 for the 2007 show for comparison last years show ranked at 3.4 so they dropped more then a point which is huge in TV ratings. 

Maybe they should stop cutting to the singers every two seconds and concentrate on showing, you know, the models. A radical idea, I know. :)

5 minutes ago, clau17 said:

I guess some people weren't joking when they said they wouldn't watch It because of Kendall and/or Gigi lmao.

LOL I thought they would have more viewers this year because of them not drop so man viewers from the last 2 years like this.

2 hours ago, ticktock said:

I wished they would have shown Candice surprising her or something like what was said before. 

They did. It was short and seemed staged (in my opinion, but then again I don't think the Gigi being surprised video is fake so my judgement is subjective). Candice just said 'I have a surprise for you. You're wearing the Fantasy Bra' the end.

As far as ratings, actually, I'm not terribly surprised. Live TV is a dying medium. Netflix has a death grip on more than half the households in the US, and more and more people are cutting the cord. Adding in people who were streaming it or will watch it elsewhere later might make a larger difference than it usually does. And the PR this year was seriously lacking. 

VS really needs to change this show in a big way. 

5 hours ago, johnnicecool said:

LOL, actually you know what, they did show Romee in the intro, it's just that the transition was so quick right after Stella's shot, it looked like Stella's face was there, but it was really Romee.

romee.png

That's good to know. I thought it was pretty weird to leave out Romee considering they have been using her a lot more than e.g. Kate.

So how pissed is Iza that she didn't manage to sneak to the front row in the official class of 2015 picture. And not just that she is pretty hidden in the second row as well. :D

As far as ratings go I agree with HitchcockBlonde. I'm not sure there is much for them to do to get better ratings. It's so easy to just watch the show online and the concept has been used so much. The ratings for a 2001-2005 style show would probably be far worse.

Funny how this year we had the most angels ever, the most models ever, the 2 most famous young models with most followers ever... Maybe this will make them realise that sometimes less Is more. People who whatch VSFS want to see hot girls in lingerie, not Kris and Caitlyn Jenner or a full segment of Gigi and Rachel full clothed talking about things no one cares about including Gigi's sister relationship. 

4 minutes ago, HitchcockBlonde said:

They did. It was short and seemed staged (in my opinion, but then again I don't think the Gigi being surprised video is fake so my judgement is subjective). Candice just said 'I have a surprise for you. You're wearing the Fantasy Bra' the end.

As far as ratings, actually, I'm not terribly surprised. Live TV is a dying medium. Netflix has a death grip on more than half the households in the US, and more and more people are cutting the cord. Adding in people who were streaming it or will watch it elsewhere later might make a larger difference than it usually does. And the PR this year was seriously lacking. 

VS really needs to change this show in a big way. 

But the VSFS is meant to reach the general public, not just model lovers or people who would go through and take the time to stream it online or watch on another way. They dropped in reaching the general public and they dropped and dropped hard reaching the general public especially in their target market of 18-49 yr olds they went down by 1/3 compared to last year. Sure cord cutting and stuff like that will reduce ratings as years go on but dropping over 3 million viewers in one year and most of that are viewers they really wanted is surprisingly bad.

If people had been watching to see Gigi and Rachel's segment and Kendall's parents and the performers and whatever else you all are chalking this data up to, they would be counted in viewership ship data. The issue is not people turning it off midway through, it's that people flat-out didn't watch.

I'm just in love with Sanne, she's beautiful... LOVED Leomie, she has a great personality. Don't know what Kendall did at the end of the runway, but i did like her walk. Didn't like Flavia in the photos before but she has a classic beauty. I thought the entire show was rushed. I don't know what was going on with Dani Braga... I guess what i have to say about this show is that was confusing. They didn't mentioned about being the 20th VSFS, just ED when he was talking to the models, so maybe it was a big deal for was and not for then, it would explain why this wasn't a very good show. Overall i guess they need MAJOR change, bring some new people to create really ORIGINAL things...