Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

I don't care If Gigi has 100 millions followers, they still have 15 angels who should be doing press. When It comes to spending all day shooting... Do the use Gigi? No. For the boring stuff they have no problemo in using the angels. I guess Sara, Elsa, Jac and Jasmine better dump their current boyfriends and star dating the remain 4 One direction members ASAP.

I don't care If Gigi has 100 millions followers, they still have 15 angels who should be doing press. When It comes to spending all day shooting... Do the use Gigi? No. For the boring stuff they have no problemo in using the angels. I guess Sara, Elsa, Jac and Jasmine better dump their current boyfriends and star dating the remain 4 One direction members ASAP.

+1000000000

amen

I think Gigi embodies what VS needs and her curves are definitely what they need. Don't get me wrong, I know Adri has dem curves but Gigi's what VS's target market wants. I don't like her but she's good for VS. :)

She was great in PINK. I thought she totally killed it and I'm actually looking forward to see what she's like in Exotic Butterflies. - i didn't like her at all before I saw her in PINK I thought she was very obnoxious. She also has a very overwhelming way of speaking over people. Like, on Rachels snapchat white Gigi kept speaking over Rachel and Rachel was just like :).

Also I feel like Gigi surely has the money to get her body moles removed. She has plenty. No offence to people with moles I just feel like VS models should have smooth skin. but anyway Gigi still fit in with PINK and her walk was (surprisingly) perfect.

Also, do you think they'll brink back the slow motion effects they had in the previous years? Like the ones they had in '06 to '11?

They had slow motion in '12 and '13 too. I remember it specifically in Silver Screen Angels and Shipwrecked.

And I started to like Gigi after seeing pictures of this year's show but I don't want her as an Angel, or anyone else for that matter. If anything, they should just keep all the 10 new angels they have, not sign new girls again imo.

Ok. This has been bothering me for a while, but aren't Chinese names backwards, like her first name being He? Because Liu Wen's first name is Wen, right?

You are absolutely right. I mentioned it one time somewhere. The response I got was either "whatever, don't care" or something dumbass like  "That's weird. Doesn't make sense. Why would they do that!?" I got tired of trying to explain it to idiots who don't care, so yeah.

Ok. This has been bothering me for a while, but aren't Chinese names backwards, like her first name being He? Because Liu Wen's first name is Wen, right?

You are absolutely right. I mentioned it one time somewhere. The response I got was either "whatever, don't care" or something dumbass like  "That's weird. Doesn't make sense. Why would they do that!?" I got tired of trying to explain it to idiots who don't care, so yeah.

From her wiki:

"This is a Chinese name; the family name is He (何)."

"born: He Sui"

So I assume, she westernized her name for modeling.

"Eff you VS. I am doing my air-heart!!!" :hehe:  :evil: :Angel:

- :heart: Sui

2w5yUuNo.jpg

From her wiki:

"This is a Chinese name; the family name is He (?)."

Ah you beat me to it. I'm Asian and I can explain... the tl;dr verison of it is that Asians are typically known by their family name, rather than their given name.

Therefore in Chinese, First Name: He, Last Name: Sui

But it's the other way round for you guys, First Name: Sui, Last Name: He.

It's a bit of a cultural matter, Asians identify themselves by their family name while Caucasians identify themselves by their given name.

It's the same for most Asians I suppose.

Ming's full name is Xi Meng Yao, and she shortened it to Ming Xi using Meng and Xi as first and last names respectively.

So yes, a bit of westernization going on.

But with two worded names, you don't really need it, I suppose thats why Liu Wen didn't change her name in to Wen Liu.

In case you're still confused, your Asian friend's names are usually reversed in accordance to the Western name systems, so in a Chinese context, a given name becomes a last name and their family name is a first name.

When you run a multi billion dollar company and you need to get your product and sell shit to people let us know if you would use Gigi too to promote it. Cause ya would. Just saying. People have to stop acting like VS using Gigi over their Angels is some huge insult to their Angels. Hello the company picked them and pays them. Whether they do press or not they're still making their money. And don't forget CBS would have a say in this too. They're the one airing the show and they want more viewers. So of course they're gonna use Gigi who gets more press and has more followers then all the angels. People need to grow up.

From her wiki:

"This is a Chinese name; the family name is He (何)."

OK, thanks. That's just confusing, though. What about Shu Pei?

When you run a multi billion dollar company and you need to get your product and sell shit to people let us know if you would use Gigi too to promote it. Cause ya would. Just saying. People have to stop acting like VS using Gigi over their Angels is some huge insult to their Angels. Hello the company picked them and pays them. Whether they do press or not they're still making their money. And don't forget CBS would have a say in this too. They're the one airing the show and they want more viewers. So of course they're gonna use Gigi who gets more press and has more followers then all the angels. People need to grow up.
They've been doing just fine for over 2 decades without Gigi. The thing Is they already got her. Teenagers are her main fan base. Most adults don't give a damn about her. Teenagers don't watch those kind of morning talk shoes. Having Gigi or an angel on It would be the exact same. Gigi posting something VSFS related on her IG would be trillion times more effective than having her on that show over the angels. This Is my opinion.

And btw, I wonder If all angels are that cool with It like you said. I personally highly doubt It.

marry me