Bellazon

The 2015 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show

Clauds

Megan's mother's comment on her tfs page

A reply to DanniCullen's Jeni King comment. 

To set the record straight - as Megan's mother I can attest to the fact that Megan nor anyone in Megan's family knew Jen King prior to her being discovered. The reason she got into VSFS is because she casted incredibly well and earned it. The casting directors and her agents at IMG all agree that Megan did a phenomenal job on her first VSFS runway appearance.

lies

^ Did you complain about Karlie's lauding too? Girl got three outfits, wings, and a between-runway segment her first runway, with no prior VS work. Everyone saw this coming, Kendall and Gigi are big pulls for this year's show for VS's demographic, and Gigi, at least, has legitimately always dreamed of doing VS. What's done is done and they're not crazy to capitalise on what is essentially brilliant marketing.

It's just not the VSFS with Sophia's woooooooooows and amazinggggggggs in fittings :rofl:

The difference is: Karlie was big before VS and that's why she got all the lauding in 2011; she was big because she was a great model and everyone were in love with her; yeah, it wasn't fair, but it's acceptable.

Gigi and Kendall are there because their mothers and fathers got them there, not because they've got a brilliant career :) so I'll complain till the last day of my life that 2 -nothing special girls- took the the attention of the Angels just because they've got famous surnames :)

^ Did you complain about Karlie's lauding too? Girl got three outfits, wings, and a between-runway segment her first runway, with no prior VS work. Everyone saw this coming, Kendall and Gigi are big pulls for this year's show for VS's demographic, and Gigi, at least, has legitimately always dreamed of doing VS. What's done is done and they're not crazy to capitalise on what is essentially brilliant marketing.

It's just not the VSFS with Sophia's woooooooooows and amazinggggggggs in fittings :rofl:

The difference is: Karlie was big before VS and that's why she got all the lauding in 2011; she was big because she was a great model and everyone were in love with her; yeah, it wasn't fair, but it's acceptable.

Gigi and Kendall are there because their mothers and fathers got them there, not because they've got a brilliant career :) so I'll complain till the last day of my life that 2 -nothing special girls- took the the attention of the Angels just because they've got famous surnames :)

image.gif

Didn't Ed give an interview and say that Megan's mom literally approached him in a mall about her?

@ Meg's mom, if you're on this forum too: http://www.vogue.com/13369938/victorias-secret-fashion-show-megan-puleri-interview/

On one fateful day in the city’s mall, Puleri’s parents ran into Ed Razek, the chief marketing officer of Victoria’s Secret parent company L Brands and one of the deciding voices in casting models for the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Having met him decades earlier at a tennis tournament, they thought they’d try their hand soliciting him for advice for their daughter who dreamed of modeling for the brand.

as well as:

The Puleris arrived in Razek’s office in Ohio, and left with recommendations for agencies in New York City.

and this bit was interesting, though I'm sure Ed still influenced her being chosen. There's no way he didn't; this is a puff piece and he has to sound ethical and Ohio fairytale creating.

After what now amounted to several years of anticipation, Puleri finally found herself at the Victoria’s Secret show casting. She attended several callbacks, in which Razek recused himself from giving his opinion.

These are the lengths of research I will go to to avoid doing actual work.

:rofl: She made a point of only saying they didn't know Jen. Lady, of course your daughter's agents are going to say she did well, even when she looked completely out of place with her tongue hanging out.

Exactly, if she doesn't know Jen the how come WAY before that castings Jen was wishing Meg happy bday and s@*t  on her IG :rofl: 

To set the record straight - as Megan's mother I can attest to the fact that Megan nor anyone in Megan's family knew Jen King prior to her being discovered. The reason she got into VSFS is because she casted incredibly well and earned it. The casting directors and her agents at IMG all agree that Megan did a phenomenal job on her first VSFS runway appearance.

lies

Miley_Cyrus_Okay_Mom.gif

:cain: 

giphy_1.gif

:rofl: She made a point of only saying they didn't know Jen. Lady, of course your daughter's agents are going to say she did well, even when she looked completely out of place with her tongue hanging out.

Exactly, if she doesn't know Jen the how come WAY before that castings Jen was wishing Meg happy bday and s@*t  on her IG :rofl:

You should post this @Megan's mom on tfs, and just own her ass :rofl:

Actually I think Megan is quite cute/striking, but no way she actually got cast on by her breathtaking audition :cain: