Bellazon

katchitup

I had to make a thread because huge Leo fan :whistle: But also because I'm a huge Tom Hardy fan and this movie just looks simply stunning, filmed in only natural light. 

The Revenant is an upcoming western thriller film produced and directed by Alejandro G. Iñárritu. The screenplay, adapted from Michael Punke's 2003 novel of the same name, was written by Iñárritu and Mark L. Smith and is partially based on the life of frontiersman Hugh Glass. The film is set to star Leonardo DiCaprioTom HardyWill Poulter, and Domhnall Gleeson.

In April 2014, The Hollywood Reporter announced that DiCaprio signed on for the lead role, and that filming was planned to begin that September.[3] Tom Hardy entered negotiations to star in early June 2014,[25] and officially joined the cast on June 30.[5] Will Poulter entered negotiations in late June,[7] and was confirmed to be starring in July.[8] Domhnall Gleeson was added to the cast on July 30.[9] Kristoffer Joner turned down the lead role in the film adaptation of Doctor Proctor's Fart Powder to appear in this film.[11] On October 24, Brad Carter joined the cast.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revenant_(2015_film)

Looking at the trailer, I get the feeling Inarritu could make a decent fist of Cormac McCarthy's 'Blood Meridian'. :hehe:

If DiCaprio doesn't get the Oscar for this one, he'll probably have to settle for one of those lifetime achievement awards when he's about eighty. I find the notion of going out of your way to choose roles that you think will win you awards really off-putting, if I'm honest. I've no idea how much he wants it though, so hopefully that's not what's going on here.

The movie looks amazing tbh, and Iñarritu is such a good director that combined with Leo & Tom the movie can't be anything less than awesome. And it's just what the Academy needs every year, another chance to fuck with Leo :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

'The Revenant' a trial for both actor and audience

Early press coverage of "The Revenant" has focused on the grueling experience director Alejandro G. Inarritu and star Leonardo DiCaprio had shooting their frontier epic.

After the film screened to an attentive audience of media and awards voters recently at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, it seems clear that moviegoers will also need some grit to make it through the brutal 2-hour, 36-minute tale of real-life frontiersman Hugh Glass (DiCaprio), which Fox will open at Christmas.

An explorer guiding fur trappers in what is now South Dakota, Glass was mauled by a grizzly bear in 1823 and left for dead by members of his party. "The Revenant," from a screenplay by Mark L. Smith and Inarritu, depicts Glass' expedition with merciless realism, showing him grappling with the bear, scavenging meat off carcasses and cauterizing his own festering wounds by burning them shut.

Members of the crowd at a recent screening, which nearly filled the academy's 1,200-seat theater, gasped, yelped and often covered their eyes during the film, while others walked out during "The Revenant's" many violent sequences.

At a post-screening Q&A, DiCaprio said "The Revenant" was "the most difficult film, I think, that any of us have ever done."

Glass spends much of the movie alone and rendered nearly speechless by injury, leaving DiCaprio to communicate his character's anguish and agony wordlessly, with pleading eyes and a staggering body. When he speaks, it is often in a Native American language, either to his son or to a helpful Pawnee Indian whom he meets on the trail.

While all eyes are on DiCaprio as an Oscar contender, supporting performances by Tom Hardy as a fearsome trapper with much of the movie's dialogue and Domhnall Gleeson as the good-hearted leader of the expedition are equally memorable. Native American actors in smaller roles deliver some of the movie's most stirring moments, including Forrest Goodluck as Glass' son, Hawk.

Shot in Canada and Argentina by Emmanuel Lubezki, who has won the Oscar for cinematography the last two years in a row for "Birdman" and "Gravity," "The Revenant" juxtaposes barbarous action sequences pitting man against nature and man against man with sweeping vistas of snow-covered mountains and icy rivers.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/entertainment/movies-news-reviews/article47925870.html#storylink=cpy