Bellazon

1 hour ago, Schemer said:

Who's better to talk about the struggles of the industry than the kid that had everything delivered to her on a golden plate?

Right? I saw the youtube interview and people keep saying how Kaia is mature beyond her years and well, she's not. She's a media trained 18-year-old. Cindy left absolutely nothing to chance when it comes to her daughter's modeling career. It's baffling to me that so many people don't realize how much of a head start she got. She was born with great genes, rich parents and a supermodel mom. Anybody can succeed with that combination. It's better than winning the jackpot! 

12 minutes ago, Rdawkins04 said:

Examples Kendall Jenner and the Hadid sisters. 

And they are the only examples. Hailey only got the real exposure after she married Bieber. Other girls have had to claw their way up to the top. Karlie earned her place. Candice earned it. JoJo didn't have a head start. Now that I think of it, I don't think any of the current VS girls had their place in the industry purchased by their parents.

5 hours ago, Schemer said:

And they are the only examples. Hailey only got the real exposure after she married Bieber. Other girls have had to claw their way up to the top. Karlie earned her place. Candice earned it. JoJo didn't have a head start. Now that I think of it, I don't think any of the current VS girls had their place in the industry purchased by their parents.

Hailey Baldwin? JoJo?

whats with these examples.

Of course she will talk about her success with Anna Wintour. Same with Karl Lagerfeld. Afterall, it is her success in the end. I doubt Wintour and Lagerfeld would be as involved as they have been with Kaia, if there wasnt anything special about her.

Truth is, the girl is timeless. Extremely fortunate too. She is very family oriented, and that imo is great. Better than most other girls her age, who are rebellling against parents like its cool.

No one is arguing about Kaia being successfull, she obviously is and so are Kendull and The Hadids, the thing is they only got that success because of their families. Where was Kendull before Kanye showed up? Modeling for shitty e-com websites, and that's where she'd still be if it hadn't been for Kanye using his influence. Same goes for The Hadids and Kaia.

Kaia is a beautiful girl, but let's not act like she wouldn't be modeling for Sherri Hill instead of Vogue if it wasn't because of her parents.

1 hour ago, albyrosales said:

I doubt Wintour and Lagerfeld would be as involved as they have been with Kaia, if there wasnt anything special about her.

Of course there's something special about her. She's Cindy Crawford's daughter.

Truth is, the girl is timeless.

lol, she's 18. Let's not brand an eighteen year old as "timeless".

38 minutes ago, Clauds said:

No one is arguing about Kaia being successfull, she obviously is and so are Kendull and The Hadids, the thing is they only got that success because of their families. Where was Kendull before Kanye showed up? Modeling for shitty e-com websites, and that's where she'd still be if it hadn't been for Kanye using his influence. Same goes for The Hadids and Kaia.

Kaia is a beautiful girl, but let's not act like she wouldn't be modeling for Sherri Hill instead of Vogue if it wasn't because of her parents.

Basically everything that you wrote. Kim Kardashian couldn't get 10 feet near Anna Wintour until Kanye begged Anna to take Kim under her wing. Kanye basically "legalized" Kardashians and Jenners in the fashion circle.

Yeah I wouldn't call any of these girls timeless. let's see how they are doing in ten years. Actual timeless models? Gisele, Karolina, Adriana, Natalia, Sasha, Joan and all these women who have been booking A-list jobs for 10+ years. For all we know, the nepo trend may be over in two years and these girls will be gone and forgotten, I mean five years ago everyone thought Kate Upton would be the next big thing, where is she now? Ashley Grahan was hot for like a year too and now the hype is gone. 

I wish Kaia all the success and I quite like her, but she's by no standards a supermodel or timeless. Give her five or ten years and we can re-visit.

by timeless, i mean her look..her features, her expressions, her style.

I doubt that in 10 years, Cindy Crawfords daughter wont be relevent. In any case, what does it matter whos daughter she is? this is quite a unique situation..in which a international supermodel such as Crawford is mentoring her daughter with the help of other fashion elites?

1 hour ago, albyrosales said:

I doubt that in 10 years, Cindy Crawfords daughter wont be relevent. In any case, what does it matter whos daughter she is? this is quite a unique situation..in which a international supermodel such as Crawford is mentoring her daughter with the help of other fashion elites?

It matters because Kaia only got here because of things outside of her influence. Most models are banking on the one thing they got lucky with: their genes. Kaia got not just that, but rich parents too. And not just any rich parent; her mom is Cindy Crawford, a supermodel with a good reputation, lots of relevant knowledge and a ton of connections in the industry. Implying Kaia would be chatting with Anna Wintour for Vogue if she had middle class no-name parents is ignorant. The way she talks, the way she looks, everything has been tailored by experts to give her a head start in the industry. And it's more than a head start. Kaia is a prime example of what would happen if you could somehow skip the stage where you're barely getting by and having trouble booking jobs, let alone high profile ones. You know, a stage that could take years and years and a lot of models (if not the majority) never get past. Kaia never had to struggle through that. Cindy made sure of it.  

It's kind of like if a CEO of an influential company used his connections to give his son an important, well paying job in that same industry. Even if his son is qualified for the job, it doesn't change anything about the fact that he wouldn't have gotten at that point that fast (or at all) without his dad.   

I mean don't get me wrong, I like Kaia's look (even if I think she's a bit too thin, but that's a different issue), I like her work. But her showing up with her mom to talk about 'struggles' in the modeling industry is more than a little tone deaf. I mean, I get it, Kaia and her supermodel mom rake in more views than other up-and-comers like say, Grace Elizabeth, who did have to work to get there. But that's also the problem. I mean you got a bunch of rich people sitting together talking about struggles that none of them experienced, or if they did (Cindy herself did come from small beginnings) it was so long ago it's no longer relevant. 

Anyway I didn't mean to drag out this dicussion, because I do think Kaia is a good model and at least she doesn't seem stuck up like the Hadid sisters. But you can like her work and still be aware she didn't earn her place. 

Ok I feel like you guys didn’t actually watch the video. When it comes to making as a model. Cindy talked about how tough it was for her as she grew up in Chicago with a mom who didn’t even wear makeup. Kaia admits it was is easier for because of her mom and showed empathy to models who have to work harder to get to that spot. On a other note making it as a model isn’t the only struggle. You have to deal with social media trolls and perverted photographers among along with so many other things that she is qualified to talk about she has been in the industry for awhile now. You can’t just look at one aspect.