Bellazon

Brigitte Bardot
Thumbnail

saritaa

I'm not a troll, whatever that means, and I never go online to comment on anything except, unfortunately this one time. I should probably have read your rules etc, so apologies for that, and I did sign in just to write that one comment. but I was so amazed at the unrestrained adulation that you guys devoted to some has been. I am a french diplomat living abroad. I know probably a lot about this woman through her political endeavours and her ex husband (the one who fathered her only child) and not solely through her own biography as some claimed having read. I am not here to soil her image, just to let you know what her image really is in France.....that of an empty headed racist and extremely repulsive cow, who's married to a front national guy and blathers incessantly about animal rights without having the guts to do right by her own blood. Je suis desolee si les fans veulent garder la tete profondemment enterree dans leur posterieur. Merci !

Alright, are you satisfied now :idk: ?...~ Post Edited by Joe > Average

What you said was said before, I am sure everyone here has heard about it. But I am here because I admire Bardot mostly as a fashion and beauty icon. (I also like what she has done for animals through her foundation.) Is she a racist? Could be. A beautiful person can have an ugly soul, and an empty head. What i have read and heard about Bardot so far is that she is passionate person who isn't perfect, who found it tough to cope with fame at a young age, and had some unlucky relationships with men, and have even attempted suicide. This to me is a fragile and imperfect, but very real person. I don't know her enough to judge her on that. What I do like, as I already mentioned is her unique beauty and fashion sense. As a BB fan that is where my focus is. I am not blind to other sides of her, but not interested either. I appreciate all comments posted here, I personally don't mind discussion and would hate to see this thread turn into a dictatorship rule where moderators block people for petty reasons. But I also hope that you and many others who don't like BB realise that this is a thread for her fans who like to focus on good things about her, and not the bad.

I don't understand your last sentence, so lets stick to neutral english, if everyone spoke their mother tongue here we would get no where! ;)

Ok I don't want to remain off-topic but Annamaria, since you speak French, you should read the book "Par amour et c'est tout" of Brigitte Bardot et Emmanuel Bonini. As much as I love Brigitte yes I had doubts about her alleged racism so I read it. And she clearly ISN'T. Furthermore, as I've heard a lot of people say that, she doesn't value animals more than humans, she thinks they're equal and she has a caring heart for all the living things, all the weaks who suffer.

Actually all the answers are in this book really...just a few examples. She wrote countless times to G.W. Bush,for instance to condemn the war in Iraq and beg him to stop it. And she wrote to the Israeli governement too in 2006 during the war against Lebanon and again she begged them to stop bombing innocent civilians in Lebanon. Surely if she hated Muslims and humans she wouldn't have done all that, right? In fact she shares many of De Gaulle's views, yet he's never been labeled a racist, on the contrary, he's widely admired.

So yeah that's only a really small outline of what she does to help people, she is extremely generous and brave, and as a matter of fact I'm afraid a lot of people take advantage of her generosity and money.

So now that now I've made it clear that she's not racist, can me move on please?

Marnim let him! like I said in my post: "people who wants to know the truth PM me"! this person doesn't want to talk she or he is here to dirty this topic! I sent a PM to Serge and Brian to explain them Bardot was a good person! and not only books can testimony to this fact!!! there are pics of Brigitte too! but we should not to talk about this anymore! coz when someone came just to dirty a topic we must ignor it!

coz this people said so bad thing (even that Brigitte was a nazi! do you realize? it could be funny if the history wasn't horrible!)

we know brigitte had relationship with jewish and with one moroccan! she sent money to black prisoner to pay the lawyer in the USA, she was the first to help and defend Josephine Baker, she met sammy davis jr, brasilian player Pele...she has friend from all origins etc... she leanrt to play the guitar with the Gypsy...I don't want to add more coz real fans know all that so please ChildOfTheMoon and Marnim don't answer to this provocation......

Marnim tu es française?

Oui ;)

I know Lisa but I'm just mad that there are so many prejudices on Brigitte, it's unfair ! Because she's far more caring and generous than most people out here, especially those who criticize her without knowing... But you're right, we shouldn't waste our time with people who only believe rumors, who are willing to slag her off without taking the time to look for the truth.

Ok let's move on and post pictures :blush: !

40109_10.jpg39686_10.jpg46544_11.jpg

There are so many pretty pictures on Alamy, like those but the watermarks are annoying!

post-42802-1283245449_thumb.jpg

post-42802-1283245665_thumb.jpg

post-42802-1283245686_thumb.jpg

post-42802-1283245732_thumb.jpg

post-42802-1283245751_thumb.jpg

Marnim, that's very interesting what you wrote about Bardot. I read a BB interview about Ramadan, and basically she shared her concern for animal welfare regarding halal meat. I can see how that can easily be misunderstood as racist, but as an animal lover myself I could totally relate. She didn't exactly say anything bad about muslims in that interview, she only criticized that particular ritual. Maybe her words are often twisted by journalists, I don't know.... Thanks everyone for pictures and thanks LISA for putting so much effort into this thread.

Thank you ChildOfTheMoon :) I think you pretty well figured her out. Yeah some journalists do take some sentences out of the context but it's also Brigitte's way of speaking, she can be excessive sometimes but she's not mean. The problem is she makes those kinds of controversial declarations when she's angry, even what she wrote in her books, because she never rereads herself, I don't think it's a good idea but well, she takes responsibility for it.

She was more courteous back then when she was a celebrity but since she started fighting for animal welfare, almost 40 years ago, she became more outspoken. Because from now on she was daily confronted with blood, massacres, human cruelty, millions of animals slaughtered daily...it made her so outraged and sad, she could no longer bear this global indifference towards animals, and she took her gloves off.

Also people seem to have a very selective memory because they only remember when she criticizes muslim customs but she also denounces french, canadian, spanish , chinese, etc...practices (i.e : fur, foie gras, corrida, seal hunting, etc...).

facebook

post-42802-1283328879_thumb.jpg

post-42802-1283328910_thumb.jpg