Bellazon

Tom Hardy is a terrific movie actor...

Cult Icon

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I saw Hardy was in 'Star Trek: Nemesis', where he played an evil young clone of Captain Picard. It wasn't a particularly good film and the character was all creepy make-up and silly costumes, but he gave the strongest performance and worked miracles with limited material. It was a long while before I put all the pieces together and realised that it was the same guy who played Bane, Bronson and Eames, though. :laugh:

Anyway, later on I stumbled upon this video of his screen test for the role, matched against the final scene as it appeared in the film. Without the prosthetic gear to make his face look like Patrick Stewart’s, he brought even more depth to it. There are even a few echoes of Bane's backstory in TDKR.

Locke is still on my list I know quite a few people who love that movie.

Also his next movie is a film with Leonardo DiCaprio called "The Revenant". Clips of the movie have played at some festivals and the reception has been phenominal. We should be getting a trailer within the next couple of months :)

The Revenant is an upcoming western thriller film produced and directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu. The screenplay, adapted from Michael Punke's 2003 novel of the same name, was written by González Iñárritu and Mark L. Smith and is partially based in the life of frontiersman Hugh Glass. The film is set to star Leonardo DiCaprioTom HardyWill Poulter, and Domhnall Gleeson.

In the 19th century, Hugh Glass (DiCaprio), a fur trapper, is mauled by a bear while hunting. His companions (Hardy, Poulter, Haas, and Gleeson)[2] rob him and leave him to die, but he survives and sets out to get revenge on the men who betrayed him.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Revenant_(2015_film)

On 6/16/2015 at 4:18 AM, katchitup said:

Locke is still on my list I know quite a few people who love that movie.

I thought 'Locke' was a great little movie. It's essentially just Hardy sitting in a car for an hour and 25 minutes, but it was amazingly captivating and intense.

He's also going to be in an upcoming British film called 'London Road'. It's a musical (yes, musical :laugh:) based on a theatre production of the same name, following the residents of a small town coping with a sensational murder case. The clip makes it look like a bizarre musical version of 'Locke'. I don't think it is that, but it's an interesting move and a sign that he's going to keep diversifying.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...