Bellazon

American Crime Story

PinkCouture

American Crime Story is an upcoming American true crime anthology television series created by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. The series is a companion to American Horror Story, which was created by Crime executive producers Brad Falchuk and Ryan Murphy. It will be broadcast on the cable network FX, premiering in 2016.

The first season, subtitled The People vs. O. J. Simpson, will focus on the murder trial of O. J. Simpson.

Season 1: The People vs. O. J. Simpson

Main Cast
Cuba Gooding Jr. as O. J. Simpson
Sarah Paulson as Marcia Clark
John Travolta as Robert Shapiro
David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian
Courtney B. Vance as Johnnie Cochran
Jordana Brewster as Denise Brown
Selma Blair as Kris Jenner
Billy Magnussen as Kato Kaelin

Recurring Cast
Connie Britton as Faye Resnick
Sterling K. Brown as Christopher Darden
Kenneth Choi as Judge Lance Ito

wikipedia.org

I'm kind of excited about this show tbh, I'm not sure of some of the casting choices but I don't think it's epicly awful either :idk: I just don't understand why the filming is taking place so soon if it won't be released until next year?

^ Not sure. Maybe because of availability reasons :idk:Season 2 of The Strain started filming in fall of 2014 but the premiere date isn't until Mid-July of 2015. Same thing with season 2 of True Detectives.

--------------------------------------------------------

'American Crime Story: People vs. O.J.' Reveals First Cast Photos

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/american-crime-story-people-oj-797408

• 8 months later...

^ Yes! :D I hope Sarah Paulson gets some sorta award for her portrayal of Marcia Clark  :thumbs_up: Some of the other castings, like Travolta and Schwimmer's, were ok. I didn't think Cuba's portrayal of O.J. was that strong :ninja: I guess they could get away with it b/c the writing and directing are pretty good. It was just the first episode so we will see. So far I am liking the show :yes:

I think Sarah was amazing, but isn't she always? :heart: I think Cuba could be better too but I think he was okay, I think Travolta was better. I'm having problems with David tho, he's just Ross to me, no makeup will ever change that :rofl: Agree about the writing and directing, it's really good.

Excited about the next episode, I read in several sites that the car chase is epic.

I thought it was fantastic. When it was first announced I thought here we go just another way to bring in the Kartrashians but it was really well made. I wish Selma was a bit better in the premier. Her acting was a bit iffy. But it's only one bit of her we've seen. John and Sarah were just standouts. Amazing. I thought Cuba did a great job. I just love Sarah. Seriously every season of Horror Story she is the best and I look forward to seeing more of her in this. What other crime stories do you think they will do? Do you think Ryan teasing some characters in Horror Story like Zodiac, Aileen Wuornos, Jeffrey Dahmer etc could be used in future seasons?

Considering what a high profile crime this was I never thought they would bring too much of the Neo-Kardashians into the story. There's no reason to. The whole thing was quite surreal and epic by itself. People were very much into the whole case.  I remember coming home from school checking on what happened in court that day. Also, the main reason why the Kardashins are as famous as they are is b/c of O.J. They totally rode on the coattail of this whole thing to jump start their popularity.

Selma did a good job portraying a divorced Beverly Hills housewife :thumbs_up:

I think as the anthology progresses they will do slightly lesser know crimes like. It would be too cliche if they did all high profile ones. Besides there are already a lot of movies and tv shows based on some of the crimes mentioned above.  

I don't know if it's too soon but could they do something similar to the new oscar movie The Room with that case with the man who kept the women locked away for years. I can't remember the case. It was last year I think they were discovered.

16 minutes ago, PinkCouture said:

^ You mean like the case with Ariel Castro?

Anyway, the second season will be about Hurricane Katrina and the resulting event afterwards :)

Yes that's the case I was thinking.

Hurricane Katrina is definitely interesting. Being a natural disaster though how will they make that into crime story? I don't know too much about what happened afterwards. Was it due to Bush not helping out and it being a race issue? I think something like that is what I remember.

Fuck Kanye, you don't want to mess with Queen Yoncé! 

While I don't understand much of how it all fits into Crime Story, it does sound very interesting. From Hollywood Reporter, IDK why I hand't seen this before :rofl: 

FX's 'American Crime Story': Season 2 Plan Revealed (Exclusive)

"O.J. is a hard act to follow," says producer Brad Simpson, referring to season one 'The People v. O.J. Simpson.'

The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story hasn’t even premiered, and already the producers of the FX anthology series have decided on their second season.

Early on, the trio — Ryan Murphy, Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson — agreed to broaden its definition of "American crime," opting not to focus on trial-of-the-week fare but rather other Simpson-style watershed moments in American culture. "Ones where there are before and after moments, and they change the way we look at the subject at hand," said Jacobson, who added: "There is plenty of true crime stuff available on TV, but [this is about] the degree to which certain pieces come to stand for much more."

To that end, The Hollywood Reporter reveals in this week’s cover story that the second installment will center on Hurricane Katrina and its devastating aftermath. The working plan, according to Murphy, is to follow a group of six to eight people in an attempt to examine all sides of the tragedy, from the Superdome to the hospital to those who were put on buses and dropped off with babies who were forced to wear trash bags for multiple days.

"I want this show to be a socially conscious, socially aware examination of different types of crime around the world," he said. "And in my opinion, Katrina was a f—ing crime — a crime against a lot of people who didn’t have a strong voice and we’re going to treat it as a crime. That’s what this show is all about."

It’s worth noting that a second season hasn’t received a formal greenlight, but one is all but inevitable given the investment and pedigree. Season one, which launches Feb. 2, stars a star-studded cast featuring Cuba Gooding Jr. (Simpson), John Travolta (Robert Shapiro), Courtney B. Vance (Johnnie Cochran), David Schwimmer (Robert Kardashian) and Sarah Paulson (Marcia Clark).

FX Productions is still in negotiations for Katrina source material, but the producers are hoping to start production in the fall and have already begun talking to writers. People v. O.J. Simpson’s Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski will not be involved; the pair is adapting Jeffrey Toobin’s next book, about kidnapped heiress Patty Hearst, as a film.

"O.J.," Brad Simpson acknowledged, "is a hard act to follow."