Bellazon

The real Guess? campaign salary for a Model

texmex

Hi,

I would like to know if any of you have a REALISTIC idea of how much does a model make for a Guess? (Marciano) campaign.

As many of you know, Guess? usually takes uknown (or almost unknown) models and bring them to fame (if lucky), so I would like to know (more or less) how much money do a girl make for a shooting with this brand (shooting meant as pictures that will be part of the campain, on booklets, magazines ecc.).

Some told me about $50,000 for a single shooting (I assume Guess? has more than one collection - denim, lingerie, Marciano, ecc.) and since the brand is one of the biggest commercial brands ever may be true, but it looks anyway very high for an unexperienced model (and usually they seem to have 3/4 girls per campaign) - even though it still doesn't sound impossible as it probably is the most coveted middle-class brand in the world.

Thanks for any useful reply!

depends on the model and it depend's on the brand as well as the scope of the campaign. There are models who can easily make six figures for a campaign and others who make a lot less. To give a better understanding of this industry, a model doesn't work every day. There are times she lands a big campaign and other times were she does a lifestyle magazine cover for $500. A girl doing catalog work can make anywhere from $10,000 to $50,000 a week (ones who work regularly for a particular online clothing catalog). Commercials you can make six figure sums. Yet, again it depends on the model. Not every model does campaign work, only the top girls get those whether you believe they are famous or not doesn't matter. It matters what the industry insiders believe. You aren't going to get a lowly lifestyle commercial print model doing a Guess Campaign. Those girls are luck to make $30,000 a year. That's why you hear the term model/actress/waitress a lot. 

this gives you an idea on how much commercial models (ie not runway/high fashion models) can earn:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291103/The-earning-models-youve-heard-How-posing-online-retailers-rake-20-000-week.html

Not every model does campaign work, only the top girls get those whether you believe they are famous or not doesn't matter. It matters what the industry insiders believe. You aren't going to get a lowly lifestyle commercial print model doing a Guess Campaign. Those girls are luck to make $30,000 a year. That's why you hear the term model/actress/waitress a lot. 

No, about this I must give you an information maybe you didn't have. Last month I met a girl who lately appeared on Guess? commercial ad and catalog and I had the chance to chat with her about this job, she told me (and looks like it is actually true and surely didn't have reasons to lie) she had the huge lack of being spotted by the brand's founder (or someone at the top of the brand I don't remember exactly) and since she never modeled at all before, she wasn't represented by an agency, just a few months after being spotted she had her Guess? shooting. I don't know if she will work for Guess? more than this single campaign, nor I did have the courage to ask about her contract/money (it just looked rude). But since she said "it really changed my life", it seems legit curiosity to know how much this has been paid.

This is why I am asking here, because surely you all can know better than me how much this type of situation can bring you. I also think that after such a global campaign like Guess? it is very easy even for a totally unknown girl to start getting lots of works in the modeling world then.