Bellazon

Marvel's Daredevil

Michael*

8 hours ago, PinkCouture said:

My boss just told me I should check out this show. I must admit since Affleck ruined Daredevil for me I have lost faith and I am iffy about committing myself to this show...

This show 100% redeems itself from Ben's Daredevil. And Elodie is such an amazing Elektra, you'll forget Jennifer Garner's ever existed. :chicken: 

I binged season two this weekend and finished Sunday, and loved it. I heard a lot of people didn't like season 2 as much as season 1, but I honestly preferred it. Jon and Elodie were both amazing in their roles in my opinion, and I really hope we get to see more of them somehow. Punisher Spin off? 

On 3/22/2016 at 7:22 PM, PinkCouture said:

My boss just told me I should check out this show. I must admit since Affleck ruined Daredevil for me I have lost faith and I am iffy about committing myself to this show...

I was a bit concerned about the movie connection at first, but Charlie Cox is so inherently charismatic that he really banishes all memory of Affleck's take on the character. I hope to see him fight alongside the Avengers eventually. :yes:

The show might test your tolerance for binge-watching though, because the seasons are structured more like very long movies than TV. None of the episodes really work as standalone pieces, and have a habit of just ending rather than steering you towards a pay-off. It never felt like a slog to me because I loved S1 as a whole, but I think it's one of those shows where, if you got out of sync with it, you'd have to push yourself a bit to keep watching.

I loved the first season, and so far i watched the 5 first episodes of the second season, and i have to say it's pretty amazing ! 

Everything is good in this serie, and especially the casting ! I just discover that Elodie Yung (Elektra) is french and gosh, i'm happy to know that :D 

23 hours ago, jj3 said:

Everything is good in this serie, and especially the casting ! I just discover that Elodie Yung (Elektra) is french and gosh, i'm happy to know that :D 

Having seen Elodie in 'Banlieue 13: Ultimatum', I knew to expect very good things. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

S3 was probably my favorite season yet. Very good story, good villains, superb fight choreography. Bullseye done right, Sister Maggie done right. Karen and Foggy at last given plenty of time to shine. It'll be a considerable bummer when Netflix presumably announce the show's cancellation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I know I'm very far behind, but I finished S2 recently. On to Luke Cage S1.

As a side note, I saw some people were hoping Daredevil would be revived on the new Disney+ streaming service. That seems unlikely to me, and I imagine Disney will focus more on new content. But what do I know.  :smile:

On 2/3/2019 at 3:52 PM, jkjk said:

As a side note, I saw some people were hoping Daredevil would be revived on the new Disney+ streaming service. That seems unlikely to me, and I imagine Disney will focus more on new content. But what do I know.  :smile:

I suppose that line in the cancellation statement put forth by Netflix about the characters still being a part of future projects will have given people a glimmer of hope, either that Marvel is planning to use some of them in the MCU (maybe post Thanos when many of the current Avengers are likely out of the picture) or that Disney continue the shows on their own streaming service. Honestly though, as much as of a thrill as either of those scenarios would be to see, I don't know if I could see them happening anytime soon, if at all.

What Disney is going to do with existing Marvel characters on Disney+ is anyone's guess. I have seen that some shows are in development, but of course that doesn't mean they are certain to be made.

It will be interesting to see how Disney+ plays out in relation to Marvel (and Star Wars too really). But that's a different conversation from Daredevil.

17 hours ago, jkjk said:

What Disney is going to do with existing Marvel characters on Disney+ is anyone's guess. I have seen that some shows are in development, but of course that doesn't mean they are certain to be made.

It will be interesting to see how Disney+ plays out in relation to Marvel (and Star Wars too really). But that's a different conversation from Daredevil.

Yeah, I think the main question for me isn’t whether Disney could get the characters, because I'm sure they could, it’s whether they would want to keep producing the shows within their self-imposed “PG-13 and below only” rule. Or at least, make them in a way that kept them recognisable as continuations of the same shows.

I’d be more inclined to have hope if they’d said they were looking to shift them to another streaming service.

How are you liking Daredevil so far, by the way?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 11:30 PM, jkjk said:

I had forgotten about the "PG-13 and below only" rule. Seeing your post reminds me that Disney had announced the rule would be used for Disney+ and anything else could be put on Hulu (of which Disney now owns a majority).

The only other reason I had thought about that rule recently is with the purchase of Fox many people questioned what would happen with Deadpool and Disney said they would still be making those movies. But maybe under another name separate from Marvel, I forget that part of it? If they are willing to do that with Deadpool, maybe they are open to a similar idea with TV.

It does seem like Hulu has already revealed an interest in acquiring Daredevil, at the very least. I'd imagine that when the purchase of Fox eventually goes through, Hulu would be a decent choice for Disney to show its more adult aimed properties on.

Overall though, as great as Marvel traditionally is at marketing, this feels like something of a misstep. Letting all these shows be cancelled (and of course, we can now add Punisher and Jessica Jones to that list) with little word on their future, is just going to frustrate and disappoint the fans.

17 hours ago, Michael* said:

It does seem like Hulu has already revealed an interest in acquiring Daredevil, at the very least. I'd imagine that when the purchase of Fox eventually goes through, Hulu would be a decent choice for Disney to show its more adult aimed properties on.

Overall though, as great as Marvel traditionally is at marketing, this feels like something of a misstep. Letting all these shows be cancelled (and of course, we can now add Punisher and Jessica Jones to that list) with little word on their future, is just going to frustrate and disappoint the fans.

I was curious the reasons Netflix would want to end the relationship with Marvel. I looked around and found a long explanation from someone on twitter. The shortest answer is money, which is the answer to most things. Among other reasons, Netflix makes more money on shows it produces. Netflix is getting rid of most (all?) shows where they lose profits when they have to pay another company for a show.

Also, it is very unlikely that any shows would be revived, nearly a 0% chance.

(I thought I already posted this but I guess not)