Bellazon

Shopbop models

mj7532

Thought I'd just check to see if anyone could identify these three models for me. I haven't had any luck myself.

1)

post-63096-0-28861600-1428344871_thumb.j Lary Arcanjo

2)

post-63096-0-90577600-1428344889_thumb.j Juana Burga

3)

post-63096-0-53404200-1428344942_thumb.j

Thanks in advance, and really any help would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

#1 is Lary Arcanjo @ Next NY (and worldwide)...I'm starting to see her everywhere lately. So prett

she isn't with Next World Wide despite what she says on social media...  because she is represented by them in LA yet. She is with Hollywood Model Management. Also, she is with Way Management Brazil. :)

modelknowledge...since you seem so knowledgeable (:)) in this area...one question for you...

How do you determine which agency, and in which city, does booking for any certain catalog? I am always trying to ID models on my own before coming here to ask for help and it would save me time to have a little "headstart" in my searches. Like, for instance, you knew that BOSTON PROPER does it's booking with MC2 out of Miami. I seem to just end up finding models out of "luck" rather than certain knowledge ahead of time. Do you find that most print catalogs in the USA book from a certain city? A certain agency? Or does it differ from company to company? When searching for IDs, should I focus my searches on agencies that have a "direct" booking category?

Thanks! :)

Usually a catalog books from the country it's based in with a few minor exception like Nelly or Bubbleroom. Boston Proper books out of Miami. They have  tendency to use MC2 Models which is why I look there first. It doesn't mean they only book from MC2. Agencies favor certain types of models on their site. If you go to IMG Paris, you will find a lot of pale dark blond models who are 34-24-34 who look a lot alike. You will notice there are a lot of models who look similar and they all seem to be with the same agencies. Then, you go to an agency like MGM Models Hamburg. Almost all of their models are swimwear models. You will also notice they have a high number of South American models aka Brazilian/Colombian types. I am not saying these agencies only have these types of models on their boards but they have a higher frequency of a certain look. 

If you use this  thread,

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/57106-fashion-model-resource-page/

I have a section for already identified models of certain catalogs. For instance Figleaves

http://www.bellazon.com/main/topic/38309-figleaves-models/

If you click on the first page, it tells you about the company and how it books its models. As you look through it, you will notice an even assortment of agencies that Figelaves books from. Most companies will book an assortment. However, there are smaller companies like Fat Face that book from certain agencies.

Big companies like Macys book from all over the US but mostly from New York,Miami, and Los Angeles. A lot of well known catalogs book from Seattle. Heffner Management is one the largest direct book agencies for catalog. Seattle is also the home base for Nordstrom. JCPenney is based in Texas . Kohl's is based in Milwaukee. There was one larger agency in Milwaukee but was bought about by Ford and merged with Ford in Chicago which is why they book a lot from Chicago. Chicago is also home to Sears and KMart which are owned by the same company. The GAP and VS started in San Francisco but both mostly book from New York.The Gap owns Banana Republic and companies like Old Navy. Old Navy books more from LA, not sure why. Target books mostly out of New York.  The safest bet with US catalog is to look at New York first. IF you can't find her, then try Los Angeles and then Miami. If you find a model in a lot of catalogs, sometimes its better to look in Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, or Dallas/Houston. There are fewer agencies and it's likely that a model based in either New York, Miami, or Los Angeles will have another agency in a secondary city.  Most models based in LA are with No Ties in San Diego or an agency in San Francisco. Just remember that all these catalogs I mention, also book from New York, LA, and Miami sometimes too. It depends on the advertising agency, the photographer, the location, etc. However, US Catalog almost always is booked in the US. 

As far as direct book is concern, it doesn't always mean the model is direct book. For instance, Lauren Mellor is based in New York. However, she is always on the Direct Book board because she is an older commercial model. Sometimes, you are more likely to find a catalog model in the direct book board because bigger agencies will not put catalog models on the mainboard. Always look at a model's age. If she is younger, she might be on the new faces or image board. Most of the time, catalog models will be on the Mainboard, Direct, or Classics boards especially in New York.

If you like, you can PM me a list of catalogs you are interested in and I will explain precisely how they book.