Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

For sure, I agree from an outsiders perspective is tactless but again, she's an Israeli model, working with an Israeli brand, most likely with an Israeli team, the odds are their actual market will like the campaign

1 hour ago, Clauds said:

For sure, I agree from an outsiders perspective is tactless but again, she's an Israeli model, working with an Israeli brand, most likely with an Israeli team, the odds are their actual market will like the campaign

Bingo.  Different cultures do have different values.  I know that's hard for many younger Americans to fathom anymore.

6 hours ago, Bloodshot said:

Bingo.  Different cultures do have different values.  I know that's hard for many younger Americans to fathom anymore.

15 hours ago, Clauds said:

The Hoodies commercial was probably shot months ago and as mentioned before, Bar has never been one to shy away from controversies, and regarding this debate, she's Israeli born and raised and this is an Israeli brand, so while it may feel tactless to some, for her and the brand it feels right. I'm sure everyone in Israel is shaken by the recent events in the US since it was religion linked but that's not even the market for Hoodies so why would they change their entire marketing strategy?

19 hours ago, SympathysSilhouette said:

Bar has never really cared much about looking impartial in that debate, so why should that change now?

Yeah well the issue is that they obviously knew people would take offense to that commercial. Nobody is asking if the Israelis would be offended because why would they be? They don't wear hijabs. And even if hijabs were oppressive the way they went about it was extremely catty and just rude. No class or tact at all :no: Not a good look for Bar or the brand. The complete lack of empathy is stunning on their part. And I think this hurts Bar a lot because I think Giorgio Armani cut ties with her as they pulled any post that featured her on social media and then Kim Kardashian unfollowed her I believe which was one of her partners for the glasses company she models for. She's throwing any remnant of her already underwhelming career down the drain. It's just sad.

You're still missing the point. I'm just gonna assume you don't know much about this whole conflict and where Bar has always sided. There's more to this campaign than her just trying to sell some clothes.As for her career being underwhelming, this is obviously her choice. She moved back to Israel years ago, which is a huge sign of her being over it all and i honestly don't blame her, she's been modelling for years.

In other news, her (ridiculously good looking) brother is also on this campaign.

Not to be offensive to certain people, but to attract and satisfy the pro-Israeli audience which i am sure is huge in Israel :idk: I am by no means saying I agree with the concept of the commercial, but I do see why they did it. It's unfortunate it came on the heels of the terrorist attack in the US tho.

It's kind of like Nike and the Cap ads, it wasn't designed to offend white republican folks, it was designed to attract people of color and liberals but it still offended the other side. 

For sure, I feel the same way about Nike campaign, (I do love the memes that came out of it tho :rofl:) but a lot of brands are using politics as PR now, it's an easy way to get a reaction from people and lots of publicity, especially with a conflict like this where you know the vast majority of your audience will drink the kool-aid you are giving them because it's a very black or white matter. 

Bar deleted the video and it seems like Hoodies did as well tho, so maybe they realized they took it a bit too far.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...