Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Few days ago the Vogue.it website published an :   Interview with Bar Refaeli  

Statuesque, blonde and blue eyed, the israeli top model, Bar Refaeli, is ready to board on a new project, this after mesmerizing the italian public at the San Remo festival where she even performed an amusing drum solo. Tomorrow, October 26, she will begin hosting the first version of the Israeli X Factor, advertised in a sensual spot where Refaeli arrives in a total gold look, full gas and energy to a diner in the Grand Canyon where she presents the four judges of the upcoming season to "Mr. X Factor" Simon Cowell. The judges are divided in 4, "the clever one", Ivri lider, pop star, "the diamond", Shiri Maimon, singer, "the crazy one", Rami Fortis, rocker, and "the prince", singer Moshe Peretz.

Bar has always managed her public image with wit and intelligence, and we have encountered her backstage of a new photographic shoot in the center of Tel Aviv.

This will be the first season of X Factor Israel. Did you ever watched it before?

I watched it a little bit on Tv when I use to live in America. Then, I did my research to understand exactly what I was supposed to do, because in each country the format is a little bit different, and also the job of the host is different. The format in Israel is going, of course, to have some Israeli flavor, and I think the best thing that I can do is to bring myself.

Do You think that Israelis will love the show?

I am sure. All over the world  people love realities and  X Factor puts together reality show, good music and a little bit of comedy. It brings reality show in such a way that you see what real people go through, there are little kids, adults, groups and women. You see how anxious and how excited they are, some time they are so emotional.

One of the most interesting thing about X Factor are the stories of the competitors and their background. Have you ever been touched by the stories? Did you ever were about to tear up?

During the auditions my job was to do the backstage,  meeting the people and asking them about how excited they are, then they used to tell their stories to the judges.  Some of them have really emotional stories and I used to watch it on the back on the screen with their parents and friends. There were times when I was hearing their stories for the first time on the screen and I started crying and tearing up. On Saturday there is the first episode and I am going to cry in it.

This is your second experience as host of a television music competition because the first one was San Remo? What memories do you have from San Remo, and what impact will that experience have on X Factor?

Of course I have very good memories of San Remo but It is has nothing to do with X Factor. San Remo for me was an experience to be part of the Italian culture. They spoke Italian, I had this little thing in my ear to translate because I didn’t understand everything they said and everything that I said in English they had to translate in Italian.  So it was a little bit difficult, but was just good to take a taste of the Italian culture that I love. To be part of such a big event in Italy, the biggest for music, so it was just exciting for me to do San Remo.

In many seasons of X Factor, the host turned into a mediator for fighting judges.  Are you ready to play this role?

Well, this of course is not the only role. It is just sometime that if they have disagreement the host has to mediate. But I am a really good friends of the judges, we have a group on WhatsApp, I knew them before and obviously we became really good friends because of the show during the filming. Even if I will have to moderate among them it is always good humor and positive energy, at the end it is all for fun and it is not really fighting.

X Factor has acted as a springboard for the success of many young talents. Tell us about your experience in fashion. How did you get your started in modeling?

I started when I was a child. I use to do little commercials when I was a little kid. Then I had braces on my teeth for three years and when they took it off I was 15. I went to an agency because I wanted to model again and since then I work. It just happened.

Considering your status of top model, it's inevitable that much will be made of your wardrobe.  What brands are You going to wear as host of X Factor?  Any new styles?

During the auditions, that we already did, we were supposed to be very casual and I made all kind of Isabelle Marant top and jewelry, and a lot of Alexander Wang - very basic things but good designers and bright colors just to make it a little fun. We had 15 hours day shoot so I really had to make it a little bit fun. Obviously when there is a lot of people that come for the audition, also from very far away places and they have been traveling all day, they had to be comfortable to stand in line for hours, so I didn’t want to make them feel like “hey there is model next to You”. I was always trying to wear flat shoes just to make them feel comfortable because they were already excited. And during the live show I don’t know exactly, because it is going to be in a month and a half and fashion changes so fast. I have a few things that I know I want to wear. There is this new Versace Collection which I really like, with all those dresses that are asymmetrical on the top. I love because is interesting in Tv when you wear clothes very nice in the upper area. But I want to wear some Israelis designers. There is one called Dodo Bar Or, the brand name is “Pas pour toi”: I wear their stuff all around the world and always get a lot of compliments, I love her design. There is this other Israelis brand called “Sample” they have great leather dresses, very soft. Of course I would love to wear Gucci, Roberto Cavalli and Dolce & Gabbana.

Can you reveal us Bar's fashion rule?

Being comfortable. I think that everything that you wear, if you don’t feel comfortable you may look good in the mirror but then, when you move, you move weird and it doesn’t look good. I am not the girl you see walking around in high heels during the day. I like to smile and to be comfortable, to bring my personality into clothes and not vice versa.

Is there a fashion icon that is particularly inspiring for you?

I admire Jennifer Aniston because she never gave into fashion. She just wears very basic things for so many years she doesn’t care about what people say, she always looks good, and comfortable. You never see her wearing a suit. She is just wearing these little dresses, always the same and always looks very good. I like Heidi (Klum) her outfit are always young and sporty but still very elegant.  And I like Eva Cavalli. She is always wearing very masculine outfits and just looks so good.

What are Your plans after X Factor? Fashion or Tv or both?

I am not doing this experience with X Factor for moving into Tv. I enjoy fashion and I do enjoy traveling, and for my job I can’t stay in one place for too long. This Tv experience with X Factor is also something that I did for myself and my peace of mind, because I missed home and I wanted to be here in for a bit, so I took a project here. I think  X Factor is great and fun, and I really wanted to do this experience.

source Vogue.it

I'm gonna say something bad... but I hope that Bar will date someone really famous.. in this way we could see many photos!!!

Do you remember how it was when she was engaged with Leo? (..Leo is man of my life.. but i could share him just with Bar :Angel: ) 

Picutures of Bar EVERYWHERE!!! "Bar in L.A", "Bar go shopping", "Bar dinner whit him", "Bar at the toilette"  :D  ...i mean, today we see Photos of Bar just because of her instagram account.. is so sad :( she is so amazing.. she deserve more attention!!

Bar looks absolutely amazing advertising eyewear and this year I would love to see her for VSFS but she needs to really check herself when she answers questions :p

Ahh yes, that would be my only issue with Bar. I'm starting to accept it now :D

I'm gonna say something bad... but I hope that Bar will date someone really famous.. in this way we could see many photos!!!
Do you remember how it was when she was engaged with Leo? (..Leo is man of my life.. but i could share him just with Bar :Angel: ) 
Picutures of Bar EVERYWHERE!!! "Bar in L.A", "Bar go shopping", "Bar dinner whit him", "Bar at the toilette"  :D  ...i mean, today we see Photos of Bar just because of her instagram account.. is so sad :( she is so amazing.. she deserve more attention!!

Oddly, I agree with you :yes: