Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Preview: Carine Roitfeld Styles a Romeo and Juliet Resort Story for Harper’s Bazaar

Here's a preview of Carine Roitfeld's latest offering as Global Fashion Director of Harper's Bazaar, an editorial slated to appear in all 29 editions of the publication, across 45 countries. 

Titled "Romeo and Juliet," the expansive spread showcases key items from the Resort 2014 collections on seven pairs of models: Adriana Lima and singer Tyson Ritter, Miranda Kerr and Garrett Neff, Tao Okamoto and Brad Kroenig, Maria Borges and Clarke Wesley, Magda Laguinge and Corey BaptisteIrina Shayk and Simon Van Meervenne, and Bar Refaeli and Matt Terry.

The editorial was conceptualized, styled and cast by Roitfeld, photographed by Max von Gumppenberg and Patrick Bienert and art directed by V Magazine's Stephen Gan.

http://www.thefashionspot.com/buzz-news/latest-news/339559-carine-roitfeld-styles-a-romeo-and-juliet-resort-story-for-harpers-bazaar/

Bar_Refaeli_and_Matt_Terry.jpg

Bar Refaeli is the New Face of Nevada for Sears

By: Alex Laws
Thursday, October 3rd, 2013

Sears is certainly stepping this up a notch by bringing in model Bar Refaeli in to be the face of its fall Nevadaline. With the 28-year-old Israeli—who has graced the side of a Boeing 737 and the cover of Sports Illustrated—on board, it’s safe to say this boho-inspired collection is not just for moms. Here she shares her thoughts on who inspires her, going home and what she does on her days off.

On Being the Face of Nevada: “I wanted to be a part of the Nevada campaign because it’s a big brand, a good company and great people. When they sent the images of the collection I thought, “This is great!” I like that it’s basic and everything goes with everything. Like when I chose what to wear today: you just mix and match the outfits. They’re all in the same colour palate.”

On Getting Dressed: “I like my clothes to be comfortable, but with a casual twist. I won’t do baggy jeans and an oversized sweater, but I’ll put on a little top to balance it out.”

bar-refaeli-sears-thekit.ca-post.jpg

On Makeup Tips: “I’m not the girl who wears makeup on her downtime and I always say you just don’t need a lot. So if I have, lets say, a cream blush, I’ll use it on my eyelids and on my cheeks and maybe on my lips. One product can easily be used for different purposes.”

On Her Hobbies: “When I’m not working, I go to the beach. I surf a little bit—I like to learn new things so I learned how to surf and picked up the drums. I don’t do anything really, really well, but I know a little bit about a few things.”

On Going Home: “Whenever I have time off I go home to Israel. It’s summer there now and where all my friends are there. We go to watch the sunset and have a beer on the beach pretty much every day.”

On Party Survival: “It’s just a matter of balance: if I’m tired I won’t go to a party. I don’t owe anyone anything, and if I have a job booked, I won’t go out the night before. It doesn’t really matter how I look if I don’t feel comfortable and energetic and awake.”

On Who Inspires Her: “In my industry, I like the models that have families. They have good priorities like ‘family comes first and it doesn’t matter if it ruined my body or not.’ Then they have kids and they continue working. I really admire that. In my everyday life, I admire every person that is around me. I don’t have friends that I don’t look up to. I learn about how I’d like to be like them in some aspect of their lives.”

souce thekit.ca