Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Bar is an advertasing and a swimsuit model, not a runway model, she doesn't have the body proportions of a runway model.

BINGO!^

bar can do any modeling and nerver to late for any work as just looking better and better every day

Sorry but that's just plain denial. The fact of the matter is Bar can't do every kind of modeling b/c if she could she would have already, she's one of the most beautiful models ever, if not the most beautiful one, but she isn't a Anne V type of model who can do everything: runway, swim, catalog, commercial, beauty, high-fashion couture.

Bar is too famous for VS IMO, VS does not want anyone who could possibly outshine their Angels and if Bar ever sets foot on the VS runway she'll get more press attention that most of their Angels ... And she probably has a high rate too, rate high enough that VS probably doesn't feel like paying for a couple of catalog pictures, let alone to give her a contract. They're doing the exact same thing with Kate Upton right now

As much as I would like to believe that is true I can't possibly agree with you b/c at least here in America if you ask anyone who Bar Refaeli is chances are you will get :idk: . Everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows who the VS angels are like 9/10 people. Its inescapabale, I mean, from the internet to the mall, to commercials, they're almost omnipresent. And since VS is an American brand they are not NOT booking her b/c she is too famous, obviously, but either b/c she is NOT famous enough, can't walk, doesn't get passed Sophia Neophitu (lol), or probably b/c he is missing the most important piece: body proportions. You need to be really tall, and like all legs, really. And take those as VERY likely reasons b/c Kate Upton is probably as famous if not WAY MORE famous than the VS angels (IMO) and she has more high-fashion experience than Bar does. So in summary: there is no ifs, ands or buts, but you AT LEAST need the right body proportions (tall, leggy) like I said or your chances are slim to none.

^ The Average american and the American Press are completely different things. I was referring to Bar getting more media attention than the Angels, and that is the same situation with Kate Upton. Put Bar/Kate next to Lily/Lindsay/Erin/Candice and see who will make more headlines, obviously Bar/Kate will and VS wants to put their girls in the headlines, not some other girl who works for ten different companies ... That's the exact same reason why I don't think Miranda will walk VS this year, they can say that they invited her blablabla but I doubt they want Miranda to outshine the remaining Angels in the media and walk away with more press.

You don't need to be a tall skinny girl to get to VS, Marisa Miller is short for modeling standards and even Alessandra is quite short compared to other models yet they have had VS contracts.

However I don't think Bar ever even had the slightest interest on being a VS Angel, she doesn't strike as someone who would like to do all the PR stuff in the US and compromise so much to one company :idk:

That's not true, Jasmine.  Bar is probably more famous in America than any VS angel with the exception of maybe Adriana.  Bar dated Leo so girls know who she is,  she was on the cover of SI and is one of the most famous swimsuit models and Kanye mentioned her in the song 'Clique'. 

I agree that she doesn't usually have the right body for runway though.  Maybe if she went on a diet she could.  But I think she looks great as she is.

VS is a lingerie company so she does have the perfect body for the company, which is why she has been working for Passionata for so many years and why she succeeded in the lingerie/bikini modeling world ... Is just that funnily enough VS seems to have something against girls with T&A :ninja:

mabye also it can be bar's mother Zipi who manage the carrier

mabye Zipi do not understand much about VS and the publicity of VS as a top of the modeling world- to be a VS angel

and open the show

again if we take the carrier of Gizel and heidi klum they did VS as much as they could for many years.

heidi klum  body in the last years is much diffrent than bar's body?

I just don't think Bar would fit that well with the current line-up of girls body wise.  She could probably pull it off but VS appears to be going in a skinnier direction (Karlie Kloss).

Also, I think Bar made a choice when she did under.me.  I think it seemed like the right decision to make her own company but it didn't work out unfortunately.

I just don't think Bar would fit that well with the current line-up of girls body wise.  She could probably pull it off but VS appears to be going in a skinnier direction (Karlie Kloss).

Also, I think Bar made a choice when she did under.me.  I think it seemed like the right decision to make her own company but it didn't work out unfortunately.

Yeah. I think IMO the best kind of company Bar could have created was something to do with beauty a la Josie. But since thats pretty hard to suceed in so...she could start a beauty (preferably) or fashion blog (or both!) (See: A model recommends). That would be a dream come true :woot: . But I understand she's busy.

Back to the VS convo: Yes, VS has been going towards the Karlie direction for awhile now which I suspect is influenced sirectly by the success of thier runway shows above all. But with Barbara, they took one step into the voluptous/curvy direction too. Back in the day when there were more Barbara like model figures in VS the runway show wasn't as big as a deal as it is now. Hm...

With a bit of delay (I'm sorry  :cry:)  here is the translation of the interview of "Grazia Magazine"

(I hope that you'll understand my translation as you know my english is not perfect)

ENJOY IT!

-You never feel shy or embarrassed in front of the camera?
I don't become timid and don't embarrass myself but for me it is easier to work with a few people around me. with the passing of the years I have found that I feel better that way.
and then I like to work with a photographer that I don't know yet: there is always a bit 'of anxiety on the first day, I do not know if they like what I do.

-what counted for your career that your mother was a model?
for nothing. She was a model in the 70s, in israel. The country was very young, there were not many fashion houses and even magazines.
She was famous here but did not work abroad as i do.
My mother helped me a lot in my career because she is my mother, not because she is an ex model.

-what is the most vivid memory of your childhood?
I remember that there was a lot of space in our backyard: the house was small and we were four brothers. So we went out in the garden, we used to turn on the sprinklers and we ran in the middle

-you are come back to telaviv to present xfactor, in February you were at the Sanremo Festival. There is a lot of music in your life this year, what does it mean for you?
I don't know if that means anything, but it's not just music. Xfactor is an opportunity, a great show.
For me it is nice to change: I needed something new and exciting.
One day I want to look back and say I tried everything: the fashion shows, film, music...... and then I was looking for a reason to come back home.
I love my job but my job involves traveling, I was too far away from home.

-last year Israel has had two fashion weeks. What can give Israeli design to the international scene?
what I like about Israel is that it is a country very casual, we let's go dancing in flip flops in the evening.
I could say that in tel aviv I never use my christian louboutin! but we have great designers!
I've been to a couple of events this year wearing the creations of one of my Israeli friend, Dorit Bar-on, which has drawn the line "pas pour toi" everyone asked me where my clothes came from.

-You're also appeared in a recent advertisement of the Israeli Foreign Ministry. And there have been controversies because you didn't do military service.
it's nice to show that Israel is not only the country of army and the war, but is a country where there is fashion, culture and fantastic restaurants.
I love Israel and if I can promote it, i do it! I don't seek applause for me.

-You have Italian origins and know Italy: what do you like about our country?
Italians are similar to the Israelis: they think of the family, they love the food.
and my best friend, valentina Michetti is Italian.

-what are the cities where you like to go shopping?
london and paris.

-what was your last crazy purchase?
since I came back in israel don't wear most all of my shoes and my bags: I have no more space in the closets.
I don't know how many shoes I have, maybe 200.
I always buy high heels (Cesare Paciotti, Christian Louboutin, Giuseppe Zanotti) then don't wear it often.
i'm more comfortable with the flat sandals, for dancing, for example in Ibiza this summer.
so I put everything inside the boxes. Now, when I see something I like I ask myself, "but I really need it?".
the last purchase to which I could not resist was a chanel bag

-there is a model or a personality which inspires you in your career?
Heidi Klum and all the models who, like her, continue to work even after 30 years, who were able to develop their career.
for example Klum has a line of maternity clothes
I worked hard to get here, since I was 15 years old. In this job there will always be a girl cooler than you, but I don't want to stop working at 40. is not a question of money, I love my profession.

-Who do you think is the funniest personality in the show business?
surely Cameron Diaz. Kim Kardashian is an intelligent woman who knows how to poke fun at himself. and then girls are kind to other girls. not easy to find!!

-the most annoying personality?
I'll never say

-one of the most exciting moments of your career?
when, after several experiences with the magazine "Sports Illustrated", approved my idea of ​​being photographed with great athletes like Rafael Nadal and Michael Phelps and they accepted.
I never imagined that they knew who I was, they are my heroes. I love sports: I like tennis, football. I try to attend at Roland Garros and the U.S. Open.

-Who are your favorite athletes?
Rafael Nadal, Lionel Messi, the Barcelona player Dani alves

-You have Italian origins and know Italy: what do you like about our country?

REALLY?? Bar Have italian origins?? I've never heard this!

Italians are similar to the Israelis: they think of the family, they love the food.

actually i guess that we are more than this!!!!!! i really hate stereotypes  :angry: