Bellazon

Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

To me the whole BMI is silly, we dont go into offices telling people they are to fat and a bad example to kids do we. Guess who is a kids biggest role model, their parents. But most are to cowardly in politics and society to tell people your fat quit eating.

To me the whole BMI is silly, we dont go into offices telling people they are to fat and a bad example to kids do we. Guess who is a kids biggest role model, their parents. But most are to cowardly in politics and society to tell people your fat quit eating.

i think it isn't necessarily the models we should be looking at. the article even states that it is designers and agencies that often put the pressure on the girls to be unhealthily thin. unfortunately there's no real way to punish them aside from take away their option to use those girls.

Thankfully Bar has never had any of these problems, love her figure :D

BMI is actually a good indicator of determining if you are (unhealthily) thin/fat or not. So I don't see how you can call it "silly".

Not in isolation, since it doesn't differentiate between muscle mass and fat. So if you are a cut-from-stone Adonis, you'll still be labeled "obese" by the metric.

In this specific instance though, as a minimum for models, I doubt that particular flaw in the system will be a problem. So I agree in this narrow context.

BMI is actually a good indicator of determining if you are (unhealthily) thin/fat or not. So I don't see how you can call it "silly".

Not in isolation, since it doesn't differentiate between muscle mass and fat. So if you are a cut-from-stone Adonis, you'll still be labeled "obese" by the metric.

In this specific instance though, as a minimum for models, I doubt that particular flaw in the system will be a problem. So I agree in this narrow context.

People always use this as a counter-argument. They give the example of some NBA player who is ripped but is considered obese by BMI.

There is a word for instances like that in statistics: outliers. They do not disprove the fact that BMI is a good indicator of body weight health for 95% of people.

Bar looks healthy and happy and it is very good example for young ladies who not like to eat at all

and be like the photo shop advesting on all the newspapers and magazines

in all the fashion run ways there are too skiny models althought some of them really nice some are very too skinny.

many times the problems are not the model but the advesting companies that using too much the photoshop for the photos.

and what about bar is she back to Israel? have any new date latley? :laugh:

I don't think you can really compare the requirements of an average Joe's job to that of someone in the fashion industry or any other entertainment industry since models are constantly in the public eye and young girls do look up to them (although in my former job, they were really strict with your BMI since I was in the military, but that is one of the rare non-entertainment jobs where they can tell you to lose or gain weight and it not be frowned upon). While I agree that the real role models should be the parents, that is not always the case, especially in today's society where we practically treat celebrities like they are gods.

Models work in an industry where image is everything. They cater to the designers, advertisers, etc., so whatever image type they are looking for, whether it is walking hangers or healthy looking women, that is what we will see splashed all over magazines and runways and that is what the models will strive to look like to get jobs booked.

I love models like Bar who stick to their guns and refuse to go on some extreme diet to please anyone and she still looks more beautiful than any waif on the runway IMO. :wub: Some of those models who are extremely skinny make me gag. I have heard time and time again that they say the designers want walking hangers so that the focus is on the clothes and not the girls or whatever their other reasons are, but it actually doesn't make me focus on the clothes, my eyes can't stop staring at their protruding ribs and spines and I forget about the clothes entirely. :x

Can you guys remember the time when Bar hadn't been on twitter yet?

Weird thinking of it. Now she posts pics of her in a bikini in this beach house / bedroom thing. :wave:

But I can proudly say, I am still not buyng into the songs she mostly listens to :evil: :D