Bar Refaeli
Thumbnail

Petite-Patrie

Not sure if posted

Bar On mtv website!

:laugh:

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/house_of_style...onalityId=11747

Full Biography

Bar Refaeli was born on June 4, 1985, in a rural region of Israel. She was raised on a horse ranch, but her countryside origins never inhibited her imagination. She started modeling before she could even walk and talk. At 8 months old, Bar Refaeli was already doing commercials.

She is approachable, confident, loves life and is enthusiastic about everything she does. Maybe that is why she has graced cover after cover and signed more deals than your average NBA draft pick, landing contracts with some of the biggest brands in advertising and recently signing a deal with Chanel's makeup brand.

Bar won the title "Model of The Year" in a beauty contest in 2000 and 2001. Bar is the first Israeli model to be featured in Sports Illustrated magazine. She's graced the cover of Maxim, appeared on the cover of the March 2006 issue of GQ Italy, and was in the March 2007 issue of Sports Illustrated posing with the band Aerosmith. She appeared in a September 2007 Paris-Match and on the cover of Tatler magazine for their October 2007 issue. British men's magazine Arena named Refaeli "The Best Body of 2008" in its February 2008 issue where Bar appears on the cover. In 2009 Bar landed the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover, which led her to appear on David Letterman, Ellen, and the Today Show among others.

Bar's charitable work include Project Sunshine '08, a non-profit organization providing free services and programs for children facing life-threatening illnesses. Bar also volunteers for animal lovers association, Ahava, which has been caring for hundreds of pets abandoned in the Northern Israel during the 2006 Israel-Lebanon conflict.

SEXY and spunky. That's what the world has gotten to known Bar Refaeli as.

But when The New Paper met the 24-year-old Israeli supermodel yesterday, she was listless and devoid of the vivacity that has men around the world gushing. That includes Hollywood actor Leonardo DiCaprio, whom she has been dating since 2006.

Refaeli, a Fox ambassador, was at VivoCity yesterday to celebrate the fashion chain's fifth anniversary and the rebranding of the Fox logo.

This is the first time the supermodel has visited Singapore and she leaves for Bangkok tonight for another round of promotional events for Fox.

Dressed casually in a gingham blouse and jeans, Refaeli, who started modelling when she was 8 months old, wore little make-up and her hair fell carelessly on her shoulders.

Perhaps she was jet-lagged and did not get much sleep - her heavy eyebags were tell-tale signs.

She arrived early yesterday morning from Los Angeles, where she is now based. Her family, including her mother and three siblings, still live in Israel.

Setting the Bar high

Because of her exhaustion, the duration of our interview was also halved from the original 20 minutes.

Her answers were reserved and had none of the feistiness that had got her much attention.

Perhaps she would divulge her secret to looking her best when preparing for photo shoots for magazines like GQ and Elle.

The 1.74m-tall stunner - whose vital stats read 35-24-35 - was, after all, British men's mag Arena's Best Body last year.

She also landed on the coveted cover of this year's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, wearing next to nothing.

Her reply was, well, short.

She said in American-accented English: 'I don't have (any beauty regimes). I just try to feel happy. I'm a confident person. I don't really prefer myself in any other way.'

She also refused to comment on her relationship with DiCaprio, saying she does not 'care about marriage, although I do hope to have a family one day'.

Asked about her family's reaction when they saw her sexy decal which recently appeared on Southwest Airlines, her reply was simply: 'They were happy for me.'

But when asked about her dodging the mandatory national service in Israel, she flashed what seemed like a spark of annoyance and quickly brushed it aside.

'It was six years ago. I don't even live there anymore. I don't even talk about it anymore,' she said, ending further probing.

According to Israeli newspaper Yedioth Ahronoth, she 'evaded' military service, compulsory for able-bodied Israelis when they turn 18, by marrying a family friend and divorcing him shortly after.

The sexy babe was criticised for telling Yedioth Ahronoth that she '(doesn't) regret not enlisting, because it paid off big time'.

She told the newspaper: 'Why is it good to die for our country? What, isn't it better to live in New York?'

Scuffle

Following a scuffle with Israeli media when she and DiCaprio visited the country in early 2007, she told British magazine Tatler later that year that Israeli paparazzi were 'rude' and 'feel that they can talk to me, touch me, and say, 'Hold on a minute,' and I'll stop.'

The Hod HaSharon native 'feels very uncomfortable in Israel' and even dismissed her popularity in Israel.

She told Tatler: '(My mum) asks if I'm excited, and I say, 'No. I really don't care. Let's move on'.'

Is she really as nonchalant as she seems?

She said: 'I try to keep my live as simple and normal as possible, so I don't really pay any attention to what's been reported.

'I am a person who doesn't criticise, and when people do criticise certain things, I feel that it's a waste of time. Everyone should focus on their own lives and do what's good for them.'

Despite her reportedly abrasive comments, her career continues to soar, owing to her voluptuous figure and perhaps in part to her relationship with DiCaprio.

In 2007, she became the first Israeli model to appear on the annual Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue in which she was photographed with US rock band Aerosmith.

She has also modelled for labels like US lingerie line Victoria's Secret and Ralph Lauren, and is the face of sportswear line Hurley and US rapper Diddy's I Am King cologne.

She is also dipping her toes into acting. In 2007, she filmed psychological thriller Session, in which she plays a woman whose psychiatrist becomes obsessed with her. The movie is yet to be released.

She will also be hosting House Of Style, a revived MTV series which ended in 2000. She will join the ranks of past models-turned-presenters like Cindy Crawford, Molly Sims and Amber Valletta.

But she says she is not feeling the pressure and confesses she hasn't watched any old episodes.

She said: 'I'm just going to be myself. I think they picked me because of my personality. I'm just going to have fun.

'I'm keeping my fingers crossed.'

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/show/story/0,...,197952,00.html

:wave: I thought you might like to see something just a little different................My other hobby besides videos is Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Someone did a repaint of a 737........the SI 2009 Southwest 737....I was flying it...............Here's a screen shot.........

SWA%20SI%20Bar%20Rafaeli.jpg

Pretty close to the real thing............. :lost:

:wave: I thought you might like to see something just a little different................My other hobby besides videos is Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Someone did a repaint of a 737........the SI 2009 Southwest 737....I was flying it...............Here's a screen shot.........

SWA%20SI%20Bar%20Rafaeli.jpg

Pretty close to the real thing............. :lost:

Wow! thanks! :kiss: :heart:

Leonardo DiCaprio & Bar Refaeli - While Tom and Gisele celebrated newly wedded bliss, Gisele’s ex and his current girlfriend were seen catching a screening of The Great Buck Howard with pals (while munching on Junior Mints!), at the Laemmle Sunset 5 in West Hollywood.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/publi...272625580.shtml