Bellazon

Lucky Blue Smith
Thumbnail

borntodiet

Now rapresented by IMG

Lucky Blue Smith is the latest star name to join the IMG roster.

Having already starred in advertising campaigns for Tom Ford, Calvin Klein and H&M, as well as appearing in the pages of Vogue, i-D and Love, Smith is now ready to take his career a step further by joining the prestigious management group.

“I wanted to take my business to the next level and seeing what IMG has done for many models, influencers and entertainers, it made them really seem like a good fit," the 19-year-old model and musician tells BoF. "It’s a company that I can start building a great, solid relationship with.”

Smith, who was raised in Utah and Los Angeles, was scouted at the age of 10 and was signed by Next Model Management at age 12. His big break came when he and his siblings were photographed by Hedi Slimane for Vogue Japan. By 2015, he had shot a dozen magazine covers and walked the runways of Versace, Marc Jacobs and Fendi.

Now, Smith boasts over three million followers on Instagram alone, and while he continues to model, is eager to explore opportunities beyond fashion too. “IMG is great at big picture thinking and I’m excited to work with people that can think outside of just modelling," he explains. "I’m in a band with my three sisters and I started working on a film as well. has a great understanding of what I want to do and are willing to make it work and happen.”

Senior Manager of IMG Models, Mimi Yapor agrees: “Part of the strategy is sitting down with Lucky and creating his brand in a partnership. Modelling is a base for that but then to complement all the other parts of his life, it’s about building the bigger picture in the long term. It’s about turning him from Lucky Blue the boy to Lucky Blue the man.” — Christopher Morency

• 2 weeks later...