Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

Gigi being on the cover wouldn't necessarily be about appealing to already existing customers. It would be about the publicity her cover would get. Just for example, the local pop radio station here in Boston does a little gossip rundown every morning and they talk about Gigi all the time. If she were to be on the cover I'm sure it would be brought up and that wouldn't be the case with almost any other model. And I think Gigi could bring that kind of exposure on many different platforms and mediums.

Gigi being on the cover wouldn't necessarily be about appealing to already existing customers. It would be about the publicity her cover would get. Just for example, the local pop radio station here in Boston does a little gossip rundown every morning and they talk about Gigi all the time. If she were to be on the cover I'm sure it would be brought up and that wouldn't be the case with almost any other model. And I think Gigi could bring that kind of exposure on many different platforms and mediums.

+1

i want Nina too but this is way i think is Gigi

Sara was already confirmed?

no but is not over yer, i guess she'll shoot in the last location..or maybe she have done her shoot already, who knows

this is exactly why i think gigi will get the cover. i'm holding out a sliver of hope that sara will get it or gigi and sara will cover together, but i don't think nina, sara, or anyone else is going to be competition for gigi. they're going to give it to someone that has appeal outside of the already existing si fanbase. i understand that most diehard sise fans will buy it regardless of who's on the cover, but there is a large sector of people that only vaguely care about it ( or even don't care at all ) that will be more inclined to buy the magazine if someone they like outside of their si work is on the cover. so the question of who gets the cover won't be who the fans that already buy every issue love the most, it's going to be who everyone else loves the most. who has the most fans of all the current vets? i think gigi's definitely number one. not to say another vet doesn't have huge followings, but i think gigi beats all of them by a long shot. though in my little world where sara and gigi get it, that'd be one powerful cover.  :gocho:

You can say the same thing on Sara. She is very popular and is also love by people that are not fan of SI. And she has a lot less hater than Gigi too. I could see a lot of people actually buying the magazine with Sara on the cover. I would definitely not buy the cover if is Gigi. She is a butterface. I want to see Sara or a Lily solo cover would be great.

I think the only girls who would make sense getting the cover are Nina, Erin, or Chanel. I think Gigi won't get the cover because she's at her peak now and the cover won't help her or SI much. I think Sara has gone full on VS. Nina has a cover under her belt and a solo cover may actually make her a star which SI would love taking credit for. She's basically the only cover girl of recent times (2011-2015) who didn't explode after her cover. I can see Erin getting it because she's decently well known, SI seems to be promoting her and I figure she can translate well into the star they need for relevance. If they were going to do another black girl Chanel is a shoe in because they'd definitely pick her over the rookies and Ariel. Chanel being on the cover might actually move covers too. She seems to appeal to men and women.

I think Gigi will get it but I agree with Clauds that her main fanbase is women, not men. Also, I really like Gigi but her explosion and incredible popularity with girls kind of confuses me - how is she any different from any other hot model, exactly? Is it just because Taylor Swift took her into the fold? How'd that even happen anyway? I suck at understanding girl politics.

I'm not scared of spiders, but I am scared of cockroaches. Which means I ALSO suck at logical fears.

U guys are forgetting how Hannah davis  was on the cover out of nowhere last year.... literally she was not so popular, the majority thought was going to be Emrata so. the decision is totally of MJ and she could give 2 fucks who is popular now.BUT saying this i think this year they are going to the popular one! because last year mostly of the buzz was about Robin lawley about being the first plus size model in the mag (lol)and not hannah. 

BTW i still think that last year one of the girls on the hawaii location was predestined to be the cover girl (emrata)  but turned out the pics were pretty meh because of the awful weather and well yut sai too lol. thats why Mj changed her mind.

I think they talked about Robyn for two weeks but Hannah's cover did more for her than any of the other girls. Lots of people know who she is now, she has that DirecTV contract, and she's hosting that new project runway spin off. I'm hoping its someone who can benefit from the cover.