Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

I don't think it should be all that hard to cast a good SISE.

Basically you need to ask yourself two questions:

Does the model have a good bikini body?

Does she have the kind of personality that would shine in a swimsuit spread?

Exactly. You do have your choice of every working model in the world.

They outta let a guy pick the models (and locations- shine the stupid theme thing) one year and have women photograph them. They're in a pretty bad rut right now.

You do realize that the magazine has always had female editor right? There's more to SI than tits and ass, hence why not every hoochie looking model can make it to SI. So if the sex of the editor was the issue, the magazine would have gone to shit 51 years ago and it didn't. 

"Gone to shit" is very subjective. I think it has.

In my opinion the swimsuit issue jumped the shark when "they" put Beyoncé on the cover in 2007. From all the numbers I've been able to find, SI readership is roughly 80% male. This would lead me to believe that men might want to have a say in what they're paying for. Or we might stop paying for it.

"Hoochie looking" is even more subjective. This isn't Debutante Monthly. Give SI some hoochification and clean house on some of these played-out models. The informal poll I took passing the issue around while watching hoops with my buddies last weekend concluded in general that:

- Hannah Ferguson, Jessica Gomes and Sara Sampaio are hot

- Genevieve Morton, Irena Shayk and Ariel Meredith are hot, but they're stale

- Emily Ratajokowski is a bangn' body butterface

- feelings were mixed on Nina Agdal

- the rest of the girls are weird/awkward looking

- and Crissy Teigen is downright fugly.

So there you have it. From the mouths of beer-drinking, sports-watching dudes. We don't want to have anything to do with fireman calendars or the Better Homes and Gardens swimsuit issue, but give us this.

I don't know why you're acting like only men can have an opinion on the attractiveness of women. Women buy the magazine as well, and there are plenty of women who swing that way. And regardless of it being a "men's magazine" it's completely subjective. I know men who love Chrissy, and guys who couldn't care less about Irina or Sara.

I don't know why you're acting like only men can have an opinion on the attractiveness of women. Women buy the magazine as well, and there are plenty of women who swing that way. And regardless of it being a "men's magazine" it's completely subjective. I know men who love Chrissy, and guys who couldn't care less about Irina or Sara.

"... men might want to have a say in what they're paying for."

In a ideal world this should be it but obviously there is more to who graces the pages of SI :D

And good points to both Clauds and tood :yes: The fact a women has a say really helps this mag to be more then just another smut magazine.

Don't really think there is anything wrong with Eddi expressing disappointment at some of the current roster.

Frankly he is hardly alone in this opinion.

And if it is meant to be a swimsuit issue, then their focus should absolutely be on finding good swimsuit models. Not trying to fit square pegs in round holes, however lovely those pegs are.

In a ideal world this should be it but obviously there is more to who graces the pages of SI :D

And good points to both Clauds and tood :yes: The fact a women has a say really helps this mag to be more then just another smut magazine.

Yup. Having women on board and bringing a different perspective is what sets SI apart from Maxim, FHM & other magazines. Also the fact that they are including where to buy the bikinis from the magazine and all that, tells you that clearly they are also trying to appeal to women too, because I doubt straight guys buy the magazine to see the new trends in swimsuits o.o.

I do think MJ hasn't made the greatest choice since she took over (in 2013 btw, not 2007 that was still under Diane's reign o.o) but that's whole different story. Casting process for SI are completely different than what ya'll think, it's not about showing up in a bikini to flaunt your t&a, otherwise every busty girl would make it to the magazine and that's clearly not the case.

I think it's difficult, mainly because ideally they would get AAA-class models with unique and unforgettable looks so the photography can develop some iconic appeal and enduring value.   But they rarely have since the late 2000s.   The industry now is filled with pretty but generic commercial models and HF models with some having 'gorgeous first faces' but restricted by their standardized thin bodies.  I find the pool of good bikini bodies matched with 'first faces' to be awfully thin.  It is more often that the bikini body is matched with a forgettable face. 

I think much would rely on scouting that rare 'unknown' that have proportions that don't mean the prevailing needs of the current market and somehow can model really well.  Last year's casting call was really, really bad.

They may be able to learn from this.  This was one of the most popular posters in the USA at the time:

The red swimsuit that helped make "Charlie's Angels" actress Farrah Fawcett a 1970s icon became part of the Smithsonian's collection Wednesday on what would have been her 64th birthday.

780477711.jpg

Surfing Magazine Swimsuit Issue 2015

Photographer: Mark Hunter (The Cobra Snake)

Models:

Alexis Ren

Trew Mullen

Tereza Kacerova

worldmags.net

for the swimsuit fans

But those girls are all just busty hoochies because this isn't Sports Illustrated. :)

Surfing Magazine Swimsuit Issue 2015

Photographer: Mark Hunter (The Cobra Snake)

Models:

Alexis Ren

Trew Mullen

Tereza Kacerova

worldmags.net

for the swimsuit fans

But those girls are all just busty hoochies because this isn't Sports Illustrated. :)

meh... the only one with some chance is Alexis because of her body and kinda cute.... no more not even carla ossa  :ninja: