Bellazon

2016 SI Swimsuit

christine

11. Xenia Deli - aside from her having a kind of strange look that a lot of Americans wouldn't love I think she is too petite looking for the mag. I basically feel the same way about Yara even though I guess she's listed as 5'9". She just seems small to me.

I'm American and love Xenia ' s look. What's not to like?

I read an interview with Brooklyn Decker where she talked about how she wasn't that good of a model before SI, and thought about quitting because she wasn't working that much. Outside of SI she really didn't model that much. 

It made me think how SI selects their new models.  Let's say 4-5 new models a year.  1-2 Serious unknowns (e.g. Kate Bock, Kelly Rohrbach, Samantha Hoopes, Kate Upton...), 1-2 models known in the fashion world (Emily Didonato, Sara S, Hailey C, Alyssa M, models that couldn't quite breakthrough in High Fashion), 1-2 somewhat known outside of fashion or very accomplished models (Emily R,former VS angels (Izabel G, Erin H, Lily).  

The unknowns seem to be the most interesting because of the hit or miss nature. The Good: Brooklyn, The Bad: Samantha Hoopes, The Ugly: Chrissy

Known fashion models are reliable have unique faces and produce generally good work probably trying to transition out of high fashion.

More accomplished models are willing to try for 1-3 years to get the cover but will bolt when Kate Upton and Chrissy get covers.

Camila Morrone is a total must-be in future. She has a killer body, born for bikini!

Lovely eyes and great smile as well. :heart:

Her whole face is very beautiful indeed :heart: she´s just a whole package!

They outta let a guy pick the models (and locations- shine the stupid theme thing) one year and have women photograph them. They're in a pretty bad rut right now.

You do realize that the magazine has always had female editor right? There's more to SI than tits and ass, hence why not every hoochie looking model can make it to SI. So if the sex of the editor was the issue, the magazine would have gone to shit 51 years ago and it didn't.