Bellazon

The Dark Knight (2008)

mylovelyangel

I'll take it that somebody has been to www.ibelieveinharveydenttoo.com. By the way, they changed that website now. It says page not found but there is hidden text all over the place. Nothing very special though. You can't really judge a character based on how they look. Daredevil pretty much got the look right and that movie was a mixed bag in my opinion. But I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer come December

First Image of the Joker:

joker2lq3.jpg

Well that looks suitably screwed up.

I see they ditched Katie Holmes for Maggie Gyllenhaal as well. A good move! I'm really looking forward to this movie, the first installment impressed me. Unfortunately it's not out for another year.

^^ I saw those pictures elsewhere. It appears that certain scenes are being filmed with IMAX cameras. So The Dark Knight will be the first Hollywood movie produced that combines both versions of film. Thus the size of the screen will expand in certain scenes in the IMAX theatre. At least it sounded this way here...

In an unprecedented move, director Christopher Nolan is filming four sequences in the next installment of Warner Bros. Pictures' Batman franchise, "The Dark Knight," with extremely high resolution IMAX® cameras using the giant 15/70 film format. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures. While it is not unique for a feature lensed on traditional 35mm film to be re-mastered to screen in IMAX® theatres, this marks the first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras, marking a revolutionary integration of the two film formats.

The marriage of footage filmed with IMAX and 35mm cameras in the final feature will have a major impact on the audience's viewing experience, whether seeing "The Dark Knight" in an IMAX or traditional theatre. When the scenes shot on IMAX cameras are shown in IMAX theatres, the aspect ratio will morph to 1.43 to 1, expanding the image to fill the entire screen and magnifying the overall effect, both literally and figuratively.

In making the announcement, Jeff Robinov stated, "Warner Bros. has always been committed to advancing the art of filmmaking. The use of IMAX cameras to film select scenes in an action feature is a great step forward in big-screen entertainment, especially in the talented hands of Christopher Nolan. We can't wait to see the results, and we think audiences will share our excitement when the movie opens on July 18, 2008."

The first of the scenes, including a prologue that introduces Batman's arch-nemesis The Joker, was shot in April, several weeks in advance of the actual start of principal photography. Additional selected scenes are being filmed with IMAX cameras during the course of production on "The Dark Knight."

Director Christopher Nolan added, "In continuing the story of such a great icon I'm thrilled to be able to expand the scope of the film, not just in terms of its story, but in giving Batman and The Joker the largest possible canvas on which to face off. No existing technology compares with the IMAX format in terms of its ability to throw the audience into the action, and we're very proud and excited to use this technology in a way that no one has before."

Dan Fellman, Warner Bros. President of Domestic Distribution, offered, "Chris has been a huge fan of IMAX technology for a long time. It will be a groundbreaking event to see him incorporate the use of IMAX cameras into the 35mm presentation of 'The Dark Knight' when it opens nationwide on July 18, 2008, day-and-date with IMAX theatres."

"Mr. Nolan's enthusiasm towards IMAX, combined with the success of 'Batman Begins' in IMAX theatres underscores the significant impact that The IMAX Experience® has on audiences and the role IMAX can play in providing filmmakers with innovative ways to deliver movies," said IMAX Co-Chairmen and Co-CEOs Richard L. Gelfond and Bradley J. Wechsler. "We are very excited to continue breaking new ground with Warner Bros. Pictures, and we look forward to sharing Mr. Nolan's new picture with our customers and their patrons next summer."

• 2 weeks later...
Bat Suit

post-2633-1181958242_thumb.jpg

Not a big fan of the cowl. It looks too small around the neck and makes his head look too big. The rest is fine but nothing really special. It's just a rubber suit. Actually there are way too many grooves on the suit. I'm getting a tron suit painted black feel. His suit in the comics has worked for over sixty years with minor alterations, but whatever.

Bat Suit

Not a big fan of the cowl. It looks too small around the neck and makes his head look too big. The rest is fine but nothing really special. It's just a rubber suit. Actually there are way too many grooves on the suit. I'm getting a tron suit painted black feel. His suit in the comics has worked for over sixty years with minor alterations, but whatever.

I think most directors try to stay away from the comics when it comes to following the story and uniforms. I think its there way of saying I did this and didn't just copy it from somewhere.

Bat Suit

I think most directors try to stay away from the comics when it comes to following the story and uniforms. I think its there way of saying I did this and didn't just copy it from somewhere.

Yeah, but when you take that route you get rubber nipples :whistle:

There is a difference between the word vision and changing something for no reason. I never read the Lord of the Rings but I would assume that they took the source material seriously and they made some great movies. The same approach worked for Sin City and 300. I know for a fact that V for Vendetta was changed quite a bit to suit the current political climate (and I think it turned out well). Let's face it, when movies like X-Men 3, Superman Returns, Ghost Rider, Elektra, and so on don't follow the source material they turn out crappy. Uhh...Superman with a kid.

Bat Suit

Yeah, but when you take that route you get rubber nipples :whistle:

There is a difference between the word vision and changing something for no reason. I never read the Lord of the Rings but I would assume that they took the source material seriously and they made some great movies. The same approach worked for Sin City and 300. I know for a fact that V for Vendetta was changed quite a bit to suit the current political climate (and I think it turned out well). Let's face it, when movies like X-Men 3, Superman Returns, Ghost Rider, Elektra, and so on don't follow the source material they turn out crappy. Uhh...Superman with a kid.

I liked Superman Returns and X-Men 3 :blah:

The other two were yawners :sleep:

They just rush them too fast, they want them out so fast so they can make the money :ermm: greedy hollywood

Honestly it was not just the rubber nipples that made the old Batman's redonkulous, it was the cheesy acting/actor choices. I never liked those moves, I love Tim Burton but I thought he approached it all wrong. I didn't even like Jack Nicholson as the Joker I thought he did not fit the part at all.

This is mostly off topic.

I liked Superman Returns and X-Men 3 :blah:

To each their own, but there is more action in an episode of Smallville that SR. And the death of Cyclops pretty much turned me off from X3. Juggernaut was a joke and it was more like Wolverine and the X-Men.

The other two were yawners :sleep:

Agreed.

They just rush them too fast, they want them out so fast so they can make the money :ermm: greedy hollywood

I agree that they rush them. But the main area that they fail is scriptwriting. I don't necessarily think there is any terrible acting in Elektra and Ghost Rider (and Hulk and Daredevil). Acting is the main area where rushing a movie would show. Ok, Daredevil had bad acting but Ben Affleck can't act period.

Honestly it was not just the rubber nipples that made the old Batman's redonkulous, it was the cheesy acting/actor choices. I never liked those moves, I love Tim Burton but I thought he approached it all wrong. I didn't even like Jack Nicholson as the Joker I thought he did not fit the part at all.

Yes, to an extent. Joel Schumaker made Tim Burton look like Orson Welles. Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carey, and Uma Thurman are all Academy Award nominated actors (I'm pretty sure but can't confirm cuz I'm lazy). They all know how to act. Arnold on the other hand....