Bellazon

Daily Quotes

Lyla

qhdqslm.jpg

"We often forget that we are nature.

Nature is not something separate from us.

So when we say that we have lost our connection to nature,

we have lost our connection to ourselves."
— environmental artist Andy Goldsworthy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not saying that television is vulgar and dumb because the people who compose Audience are vulgar and dumb. Television is the way it is simply because people tend to be extremely similar in their vulgar and prurient and dumb interests and wildly different in their refined and aesthetic and noble interests.David Foster Wallace

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"I never understood how impermanence could be beautiful. I can’t claim to now, but the extraordinary wonder I experienced when I walked through these gardens with Gufu so often over the years has deepened inside me, now that much of that beauty has passed. It’s not the same, I admit, as being among all those specific blooming flowers in their profusion. A huge part of me wants things I love to stay just as they are, indefinitely. But I also now feel how their passing has enriched the beauty of them inside my mind and heart. And for this moment, the flower, and I, are here. The pottery exists, like my book with Gufu’s stories exists, and will outlive me."

From "A Different Type of Luxury"

• 1 month later...