Bellazon

OMG FACTS

jj3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree that the 30 grams of protein absorption limit (every couple of hours) is a myth.  I take about 90 grams of meat protein a day as a normal person but I know jacked people who take around 200+ grams of protein.  Male models can take 300, 400 grams of protein.  Those bodybuilders take 500 grams.

@Stromboli1  what do you think about this piece of conventional "wisdom"?

Alien 3 comic (unproduced screenplay).  Very interesting:

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/William-Gibson-s-Alien-3/Issue-1?id=143906

https://www.audible.com/pd/Alien-III-Audiobook/B07QY3KR81

Has some of the original cast narrate it in audiobook form.

overall, it's a much more appropriate sequel to Aliens than the Alien 3 that was made. 

27 minutes ago, Cult Icon said:

I agree that the 30 grams of protein absorption limit (every couple of hours) is a myth.  I take about 90 grams of meat protein a day as a normal person but I know jacked people who take around 200+ grams of protein.  Male models can take 300, 400 grams of protein.  Those bodybuilders take 500 grams.

@Stromboli1  what do you think about this piece of conventional "wisdom"?

I agree with what Milos said about that you absorb every bit of protein.

5 hours ago, Stromboli1 said:

I agree with what Milos said about that you absorb every bit of protein.

you eat something like 150-200 grams of protein?

It seems that protein absorption is based on activity level + genetics + use of PEDs, so there is big upside potential.  It's not fixed.

I fall in the 100 - 200 grams of protein/day.

I remember reading that the BBs ate their weight in protein in grams. Those guys are always eating. I bet they take massive protein shits and fart all the time.

19 minutes ago, Stromboli1 said:

I fall in the 100 - 200 grams of protein/day.

I remember reading that the BBs ate their weight in protein in grams. Those guys are always eating. I bet they take massive protein shits and fart all the time.

Definitely more- Milo (BB trainer) advoctates 2 grams of protein/lb plus  per day for bodybuilders which is what I've heard with various bodybuilders.  500 grams, 400 grams are common.

It is pretty expensive to eat like that, and also uncomfortable to always be digesting a lot of food.  

Bodybuilding is an expensive sport. In the old days pre and first few years of the internet it was hard as shit to get sponsorships to help pay for all the food and other essentials they need.

Like I said before they fart all the time due to their digestive issues.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, Cult Icon said:

Alien 3 comic (unproduced screenplay).  Very interesting:

https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/William-Gibson-s-Alien-3/Issue-1?id=143906

https://www.audible.com/pd/Alien-III-Audiobook/B07QY3KR81

Has some of the original cast narrate it in audiobook form.

overall, it's a much more appropriate sequel to Aliens than the Alien 3 that was made. 

It is a good one. However William Gibson did not write it. And I forgot who did.

On 6/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, Stromboli1 said:

Bodybuilding is an expensive sport. In the old days pre and first few years of the internet it was hard as shit to get sponsorships to help pay for all the food and other essentials they need.

Like I said before they fart all the time due to their digestive issues.

youtube makes men's open bodybuilders very transparent (except for their drug use).  I watched a video with Phil Heath and he stated that his sponsors ship him 20 lbs plus of meat (chicken, steak, etc.) a week.   I've heard their food costs to be around $400 a week and $ 2,000-3,000/month for steroids/PED.  So basically 50-55 grand plus just on food/drugs alone.  It's not even tasty food either- the cost comes mainly from meat that is acquired in costco-like industrial sizes.

And that doesn't include medical costs from injuries and physical therapy (they also have pains and so forth from carrying an enormous amount of muscle on their bodies and need massage therapy way more than normal people).  Many bodybuilders get a distended gut from this insane binge eating (their intestines get stretched/bloated) although GH is blamed for it too.

And worse, there's no real money in bodybuilding except if you're in the top 6.  And even the top 6 open bodybuilders aren't that successful.  Mr. Olympia and his runner up make bank, the rest don't.  Then the Classic Physique Olympia and Men's physique olympia are completely sad- The classic physique champs are poor people who live in shit-hole apartments.  There is absolutely no money in Men's physique either.

So the vast majority of bodybuilders are taking years, if not decades off their lives for no intelligent reason!

5 hours ago, CandleVixen said:

It is a good one. However William Gibson did not write it. And I forgot who did.

I think it's alright but not great like Aliens.  It reminds me of prometheus and Alien more than Aliens.   If it was produced well it would have the potential of being a 4 out of 5 star movie, and no more.  Somehow  I think it would be good if Alien expanded in scale after Aliens (like the Alien vs Human war in the comics/literature).  Alien 4 kind of had elements of this.

It's good that it expands on Newt/Hicks/the Company's story- definitely essential to any proper sequel to Aliens.  There is little about Ripley and that is because in real life she didn't want to do Alien 3 for the sake of diversifying her movie career.

10 hours ago, Cult Icon said:

There is little about Ripley and that is because in real life she didn't want to do Alien 3 for the sake of diversifying her movie career.

If I remember correctly, no one wanted to do the third movie. I think it had something to do with the script in pre-production being a huge mess, and Michel Beihn saying it was not worth it. The script went through as many revisions as they did producers. The only way they got Sigorny Weaver was the extra cash by being an exec producer. 

On 6/11/2019 at 7:13 PM, CandleVixen said:

If I remember correctly, no one wanted to do the third movie. I think it had something to do with the script in pre-production being a huge mess, and Michel Beihn saying it was not worth it. The script went through as many revisions as they did producers. The only way they got Sigorny Weaver was the extra cash by being an exec producer. 

do you like Alien 3?

For over a year I'm adopted a higher unsaturated fat, lower carb diet. (Maybe 50 grams of fat instead of 100 grams of carbs)  Overall it has made a small impact- I may have accumulated less bodyfat but it's not certain- I don't know if it's the exercise or the diet that's doing it.  My energy level and well being however, has had a very significant boost as the fat consumption has stabilized my blood sugar.  I also believe that it has significantly lowered inflammation and I've been 99% clear.